[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone use gamepad to play?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160317_184741702.jpg (407 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160317_184741702.jpg
407 KB, 1280x720
Any WiiU fags actually use just the gamepad to play? I like to use it if I'm watching something on my TV in the background , or if my mate is playing the ps1
>>
If the controller pro is an option I would rather use it over the gamepad.
>>
I don't like using the pad as my screen because I have a 70 inch tv and surround sound and I want to use it dammit
>>
I can't imagine playing xenoblade on the gamepad for very long because it's annoying to switch to TV play to enable fast travel, plus all the text is tiny in the first place.
>>
for stuff like mario maker and smash the gamepad is fine
everything else I tend to use my TV
>>
>>331116896
I mostly use my pad to stream Netflix while drawing. I have only played a couple of hours on Super Mario Maker while my other 3 games are still shrink wrapped.
>>
If I'm doing something mindless then I'll switch it to gamepad and watch TV at the same time. Like grinding something easy but time consuming.
>>
>>331116896
Yeah if I don't have my glasses
Or if I get stuck with it when we're playing smash the pad usually has a lower latency that the tv.
>>
I hate the gamepad controller so much. 3rd time these past 3rd month the battery died on me over 2 nights despite being at full charge days before. Being made to to purchase a bigger battery that it should've came with in the first place isn't a good thing either.
>>
>>331116896
I found myself using only the gamepad 99% of the time when I was playing Mario Maker still.
>>
>>331120229
You're a ducking cocksucker
>>
>>331120131
>Still no option to turn off screen while watching something
This should've been the first problem addressed
>>
>>331119649
This. I mean I am not a child who has to hide away in his closet to play games I am fucking adult who wants to have a cinematic in depth gaming experince.
Gamepad is meant for children when mom and dad say get the fuck outta here this is our shit.
>>
>>331121126
b8
>>
>>331121126
Because the WiiU is known for its mature cinematic experiences.
>>
>>331120751
But you can. Turn off display in the controller settings, same place where you adjust brightness. Unless it doesn't work with Netflix or something like that.
>>
Besides splatoon, mario maker, and xenoblade i use it when i'm going to the bathroom.
>>
>>331121461
Not with Netflix,which we why I was replying to that guy
>>
>>331116896
I use it for watching shit in bed before sleeping. I only really play on it when I want to play a relaxing game - 80% of my playtime in Captain Toad was on the pad
>>
I use it all the time, depending on whatever I want to use the tv monitor for. If i want to get comfy in bed I'll just use it there because fuck having to sit up to face a wall.

It's fucking amazing and I wish the other devs sold a gamepad.
>>
>>331116896
Yeah, I use it very often. Best thing the Wii U introduced.
>>
>>331116896
No
I tried playing Super Metroid and wall jumps were impossible.
>>
>>331116896
If I have too yes but it not a bad controller
But pro controller is better
I do hate it when it's mandatory
Fuck deus ex hr for not letting me use the pro controller
>>
>>331124734

That's not the gamepad's fault m8
>>
I use it from time to time, depending on the game.

But I would never play Xenoblade on the gamepad, the text is already too small on the TV.
>>
For Virtual Console, it's great. But for anything over 480p the TV is obviously way better
>>
>>331124921
But I was walljumping fine when I switched to Pro controller!
>>
I was stuck in the hospital for two months after a pretty bad car accident. I was pretty happy that I could play some games on the gamepad. Made the experience go by a lot more smoothly.
>>
I do for virtual console games, or if I want to play something just before going to bed.
>>
The pad has actually become one of my favorite controllers, because it's wide. This makes it extremely comfortable. Even going back to the 360 controller feels weird, because it feels like I'm scrunching my arms to my body to hold it.
>>
>>331116896
If my gf is playing or watching something I boot up WW now and then but I mostly just bust out the 3DS instead.

Honestly the game pad just doesn't feel right, especially since I got a pro controller. Too comfy to go back.
>>
>>331116896
Depends on the game and mood. Usually on the TV, but if sometimes I'm feeling lazy and want to play something laid back.
>>
>>331116896

It's one of those games you don't want to play on that little screen. The IU text is microscopic and to fast travel you use the touchscreen so you will lose one screen every time you want to travel (A LOT)
>>
>>331116896
I only use the gamepad
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.