[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wii U
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5
File: B009AGXH64hardware.jpg (48 KB, 1024x665) Image search: [Google]
B009AGXH64hardware.jpg
48 KB, 1024x665
Is it worth it /v/?

I'm considering getting one but am not sure if there are many exclusive games that can justify a purchase
>>
I'm in the same boat.. but I only wanna play WWHD and TPHD.
>>
>>331114841
>but am not sure if there are many exclusive games that can justify a purchase

no other console besides maybe 3ds have many exclusives as wiiu

>xbone
multiplatform shit
>ps4
*and pc
>wiiu
mostly exclusives
>>
>>331114841
If you're interested in Nintendo franchises and their "flavor" of game design then go for it, you won't be disappointed. But if you're someone expecting 3rd party support and "mature" games, skip it.
>>
File: Hinoka S Support.png (432 KB, 668x524) Image search: [Google]
Hinoka S Support.png
432 KB, 668x524
Are there any good S supports in Fates?
>>
>>331114841
>not sure if there are many exclusive games that can justify a purchase

You pretty much have your answer right there but just in case you don't mind blowing $300 to play 5 games either try to find a refurb (directly from Nintendo is best and usually includes a full 2 year warranty) or get the Smash/Splat bundle if those are games you want.
>>
>>331115353

Buy a GameCube you retard. This has to be bait.
>>
Most of their first party games stay close to full price, just a heads up
>>
>>331114841
bayo 2
wonderful 101
tropical freeze
mario 3d world
mario kart
smash
pikmin 3

are all what you'll be playing on it, if that sounds appealing then go for it
>>
>>331114841
xenoblade chronicles x is pretty cool, also bayonetta 2... fuck all the mario stuff
>>
I'd get one, but I'd wait for a good sale.

The best part about the Wii U in my eyes is that I think in ten years, Wii U games will still work on the Wii U. I can't say the same for PS4 or Xbone games.
>>
>>331116245

But the HD version of WW looks like it's been improved to the original. Same with TP.

I already own a Wii.
>>
>>331116331

You forgot xenoblade X, windwaker, mario maker, splatoon
>>
>>331114841
Nah, its a piece of shit.

Get a PS4 and be happy.
>>
>>331114841
For me, Mario Kart 8 and Nintendoland alone justified it. Lots of fun with friends.
>>
>>331116774
They haven't, don't waste $120 on 2 ports that really aren't significantly different enough to justify the purchase
>>
Here's the games I recommend if you're into Nintendo titles:

If friends are over/online multiplayer
>Smash 4
>MK8
>Pokken (haven't bought this and local is 30 fps, but online is 60 so this is obviously not a play at home with friends game)
>Nintendoland
>Splatoon
>Mario Party 10
>SMM

Comfy/play with your special one/kids
>Kirby Rainbow Curse
>Yoshi Wooly World
>Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
>Pikmin 3
>SM3DW

Fast paced games once you get ahold of the controls/no handholding
>DKCTF
>XBX
>Bayo 2
>Bayo 1 on Wii U is definitive version too
>SF 0 probably belongs here

Time sinks
>Lego City Undercover
>TP HD
>WW HD
>Fatal Frame 5
>#FE is most likely in this category
>Zelda U also
>>
Many exclusives, but I still wouldn't recommend it, at least not until Zelda U if its not also released on the NX, which is likely.

Xenoblade X is shit, other exclusives are good but nothing mindbreaking. Still the best of the three consoles FOR NOW. Once in 2017 I think PS4 will be the best console exclusive-wise.
>>
>>331117993

Yeah I've been debating whether to get it or not.. Hopefully the NX will be compatible with Wii U games.

Though I kind of still want to buy WWHD and TPHD just to have the games. But then it's stupid to buy games that you wont play until about a year from now.
>>
>>331117497
I've played my WiiU a lot more than my PS4 and PC more than anything
>>
>>331118784
SMM should be under time sinks rather than multiplayer
>>
It's a bad time to get one. NX is coming later this year which means it'll either be backwards compatible and you should just get one of those instead, or if it's not, a price cut for Wii U will be coming and you should wait and get one then.

Either way, wait. $300 for 7th gen tech is just way overpriced
>>
>>331118916
t. Someone without XCX or a Wii U
>>
>>331114841
there are ONLY exclusive games and remakes.
its essentially a console to say 'i only want to also pay for nintendo games, and their new dlc toys'
if youre cool with nintendo (regardless of their ignorance towards their fans), and arent a fan of video games in general - its the console for you
>>
>>331119150
>dev kits sent out just a few months ago
>NX LATER THIS YEAR GUYS

I don't think so.
>>
>>331118784
I forgot W101 on fast paced games.

>>331119078
Probably. But it can also be played with friends.
>my turn if you die
>it's a troll level
>>
>>331114841
I just recently got mine to go along with my PS4. I bought TP, WW, Xeno, Bayo 2, and DK Tropical Freeze. I'm picking up Pikmin 3 soon.

I've been enjoying the hell out of it.

I always think no matter what you prefer(PS/Xbox)Nintendo systems always compliment them with different experiences.

That's why I always own PS and Nintendo.

I'll pick up an Xbone once it goes down in price.
>>
>>331114841

5 games rule.
>>
>>331119245
SE accidentally leaked DQ11 development for NX in July. Of last year. Dev kits have been out for a while.
>>
>>331119448
It takes an average of 2 years to make a big-budget release. With that in mind, a 2016 release for the NX seems doubtful, but teasing it this E3 is plausible if they wish to build hype.
>>
>>331114841
It's my favourite console of all time, but honestly with the NX pretty much confirmed for this year you should wait and see if it gets any cheaper or maybe just consider the NX i dunno
>>
>>331119675
Yeah, but it's for PS4 as well so they could have been working on the game for longer
>>
>>331118784
good to see someone recommend Nintendoland since it's always overlooked but Metroid Blast alone is worth it
NSMBU/NSLU and Rayman Legends are both worth a purchase
>>
>>331119684
All time?
>>
>>331119675
>It takes an average of 2 years to make a big-budget release.
I'm sorry. Are you implying every game the NX will have will release at launch? I'm not sure you're even worth responding to at this point

The last thing they need right now is to sit on finished hardware needlessly for an entire year. In an entire year it'll be that much more dated.

NX will launch in 2016.
>>
File: 1345802981993.jpg (83 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1345802981993.jpg
83 KB, 640x480
The only other console I have thought of getting is a N3DS, but I never travel longer distances to use it and it would be retarded to use it at home where my pc is.
>>
>>331118784
>Smash 4
its just brawl 2, its not a new feeling experience, also $95
>MK8
the game could play itself and still end up the same as if you even tried to play it
>Nintendoland
maybe for the first 30 minutes this feels okay
>Splatoon
not even a real local coop, online is boring as fuck anymore - its 5 hours of enjoyment total
>Captain Toad
absurd price tag for what the game is
>Wooly World/DK/SM3D
just another 'nintendo character platformer'
>Pikmin 3
great game that nintendo hates apparently
>Xeno
poorly designed game, they just scaled the map so it takes you forever to beat it
>Bayo
garbage button-mash series, unless you like being told to press a button and then seeing showy particles and number to congratulate you for pressing the button, its awful
>remakes
lol

you arent going to find a challenge, a good story, a feeling of adventure, or exciting gameplay anywhere
that being said, splatoon is the most fun horridly unfinished, poorly made game ive played in a long time, and its pretty much already dead
>>
>>331119935
>NX will launch in 2016.
It won't.
The average age for a Nintendo console is roughly 5 to 6 years, at the earliest it'll be next year.
>>
>>331120075
Ds and 3ds are the best non pc platforms for their respective gens

It's kind of sad actually
>>
File: nosugar.jpg (42 KB, 408x293) Image search: [Google]
nosugar.jpg
42 KB, 408x293
>>331120123
I remembered when people tried, this sort of shitposting always saddens me.
>>
>>331119935
>NX will launch in 2016.

Your arguement only seems to be that some other guy is wrong about something.

I don't think it will launch this year.
>>
>>331120138
>The average age for a Nintendo console is roughly 5 to 6 years, at the earliest it'll be next year.
Nintendo has never had a console that has flopped as monumentally as the Wii U. "Averages" and historical precedence are thrown out the window when you're dealing with a situation with no historical precedence. I might also remind you that despite doing relatively well, the 3DS is also their worst selling handheld, that has long reached market saturation.

Nintendo cannot afford *not* to release their new platform(s) this year. And it's obvious by anyone with two brain cells to rub together, given their last direct and E3 2015, that the only games releasing for the 3DS and Wii U are what was left at the bottom of the barrel, and all the big guns are being saved for NX since as early as 2014.

I'd pay a lot of money to see your face when you realize what an idiot you've been
>>
File: 1441601334510.png (151 KB, 504x504) Image search: [Google]
1441601334510.png
151 KB, 504x504
>>331114841
There's only one game you need, OP.
>>
>>331120469
no that was the virtual boy
>>
>>331119935
>Are you implying every game the NX will have will release at launch?
No, but I am assuming the NX will have some new games of its own at launch. Even the Wii U managed to have some exclusive launch titles (W101, ZombiU, and Rayman Legends but Ubisoft shafted them in that one).
>>
>>331120469
>I'd pay a lot of money to see your face when you realize what an idiot you've been
Yet you'll feel like that by the end of the year when there's no NX.
There's absolutely no reason to drop the WiiU at this point to try and get people onboard with the NX when the software attach rate is ridiculously high for the WiiU and amiibos are making all sorts of money.
They'll let the WiiU have Zelda, push out more amiibos, and let it fizzle out for NX in 2017/2018
>>
>>331119281
>That's why I always own PS and Nintendo.
>I'll pick up an Xbone once it goes down in price.

But /v/ told me youre only supposed to get 1!

How can you own both a PlayStation *and* a Nintendo system?!
>>
>>331120945
This post will make an excellent capture for my collage of butthurt, thanks
>>
>>331120469
Not him but

>Nintendo has never had a console that has flopped as monumentally as the Wii U.
Virtual Boy

>"Averages" and historical precedence are thrown out the window when you're dealing with a situation with no historical precedence.
What does this even mean? Because they didn't sell well this gen, they have to release next gen right away? If that's so, then I once again point you to the Virtual Boy.

Wii was the situation with no historical precedence. Not Wii U.
>>
>>331119908
Yeah, favorite console ever
>>
>>331120123
>splatoon
>its 5 hours of enjoyment total
then why did I have 300 hours within the first month of release?
>>
>>331121179
Damn. Okay.

I can never choose between Snes, GC, PS2, PS1, and DC.

Those five systems are responsible for my favorite games and game memories.
>>
>>331121019
>How can you own both a PlayStation *and* a Nintendo system?!

I'm versed in the arts of BushIDORT.
>>
>>331114841
>>331115353
Wait a year when NX launches
Wii U will drop tremendously in price
Pick up Wii U and Mod it
Play every Nintendo game made besides 3ds games for free
Problem Solved
>>
>>331121087
>admitting to making consolewar collage pics
Autism.
>>
>>331121168
It means looking to the past to try to predict the future does not yield meaningful predictions when the circumstances governing the current situation have not occurred before. If the Wii U was successful, surely it would last 5-6 years, but it's an unprecedented failure, meaning you shouldn't at all be surprised if what has happened in the past doesn't align with what is about to happen.

The VB was not a Nintendo handheld or console. It was their attempt at an actual third pillar which failed miserably.

And the Wii is a great example. Previously Nintendo remained competitive, hardware-wise, with the other console manufacturers. If you were looking at the NES, SNES, N64 and GC, you would have guessed the Wii would be a powerful system as powerful as the PS3 or 360.

But the GC was a relative failure which prompted Nintendo to re-evaluate their business model. Then we got the Wii, an overclocked GC, which would have failed your "look at the past" prediction test.

Every other indication besides "look at the past" says the NX is ready to come out this year. I'm so certain on this that I would bet large sums of money.
>>
>>331122284
This isn't a console war, this is one Nintendo fan with a brain vs the countless drones without one

I honestly don't know how you figured out how to breathe and yet you can't figure out that NX is coming out this year. It's so fucking obvious.
>>
>>331122760
>assuming I'm the same anon
I'm on the fence about the topic and would rather wait until E3, but making collage images over such trivial matters is really pathetic, anon.
>>
>>331122897
>would rather wait until E3
You can no longer speculate on something when you're told exactly what's what. That's not an application of logic, it's just reading comprehension.

I'd rather be wrong than deny myself the ability to even by right. Though I'm not wrong.
>>
>>331122760
>fan with a brain
>NX is coming out this year
>It's so fucking obvious
how's that future vision working out there?
Did I miss the direct where we go any info and a release date for the NX?
>>
>>331123223
>Did I miss the direct where we go any info and a release date for the NX?
No, but you clearly missed the direct where they've been regurgitating the same few handful of games for the past year with no new announcements besides some last ditch efforts.

Where are all the new games? This is Nintendo, the larges games publisher in the world.

I'd tell you where they are, but I suspect you already know.
>>
>>331122637
>your "look to the past"
But that's your example, not mine.
>>
I also wan't a WiiU but I'm going to wait until I hear more about NX, I'm hoping that it will be backwards-compatible. All rumours about the NX really excite me.
>>
>>331123529
>The NX isn't coming in 2016 because Nintendo consoles last 5-7 years on average
This. This is faulty logic because it's comparing successful Nintendo consoles to a very unsuccessful one.
>>
>>331123223
>Did I miss the direct where we go any info and a release date for the NX?

They're waiting for the E3 Direct. Pretty obvious.

Not that anon, btw.
>>
>>331123660
I'm still the not him anon.
Aka I didn't make that example.

But I may just misunderstood you.
For me, it's because there's a good chance NX releases Holiday 2016, or Q2 2017.
>>
>>331123418
>No, but you clearly missed the direct where they've been regurgitating the same few handful of games for the past year with no new announcements besides some last ditch efforts.

And still no new info on Zelda U.

Zelda *has* to release during the holidays. It's a system seller. So I agree with you that the NX will come out this winter.. Theyre not gonna wait for the next holiday, thats for sure.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.