[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Culling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (171 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
171 KB, 1920x1080
Wow this game is actually very fun.

The Culling thread.
>>
Stream bait
>>
[twitch chat noise]
[shilling intensifies]
"Don't forget to subscribe to have access to our Discord server, also follow my channel, thanks!"
>>
>>331112807
I don't know I've never watch anyone play it. But it's truly pretty cool to play it, hope the devs will make it even better.
>>
they seriously named a game to cash in on a league of legends meme ability?
>>
>>331112983
I think it's more because the game is about the survive of the fittest as well as mass murder.
I don't know I've never played LoL.
>>
This game is better than what AAA studios shit out.

These guys took unreal engine and added fun.
>>
File: puji.png (285 KB, 502x624) Image search: [Google]
puji.png
285 KB, 502x624
>>
>>331113232
I know right ? Now I just hope they will listen to the community and not shit themselves by making it P2W somehow. There is a huge e-sport potential right there.
>>
>>331113474
Nah, it's too random for esports.
>>
>>331113659
What is ? Loots you can find ? The area you spawn ?
Are dmg random ? I thought it was just the range of dmg (uncharged to ,max charged).

Real question here.
>>
>>331112807
The plan is for LIRIK to play their game.
That's it, that's the only step.

Anyway it looks fun but I can't give it very many points since it's been done before so many times and The Culling doesn't seem to do deathmatch significantly better than other games.
>>
>>331113836
I actually think it is the very first game 100% focused on Hunger Games style. The others were modes for other games. But I might be wrong though.
>>
>>331113981
That's right as far as I know, but that's not really a major point.
>>
>>331113836
>The Culling doesn't seem to do deathmatch significantly better than other games.

But it does. It has most engaging melee combat of all similar games. You can block, you can charge attacks, you can quick attack, you can leap attack, you can shove blocking enemies, you can apply DoTs, drain stamina, you can disable enemies, stun, blind, quick shoot with bows, guns, throw anything you can hold in your hands etc... Combat is very fun and skill based.
>>
>>331114073
Well it's original and I personally love the idea of Hunger Games being ported to video games like this.

Also this >>331114161

But once again, it's an early access guys, so you should be careful. Personally I am already very satisfied with the current state of the game.
>>
>>331114073
>>331113981
Its not. There is/was some trash title called 100 to 1 or something like that

Culling looks and feels just like ARK though, and everyone being tanky fucks isn't fun.
>>
This game is absolute trash. Rock paper scissors battles are trash. I smacked a guy 20 times with a knife and he survived. Refunded that shit instantly
Inb4 you just suck

fuck you the game sucks
>>
Not only is this game stream bait, the combat isn't even satisfying. I don't know where they got the idea that a rock-paper-scissor styled melee system would work, especially with it being an entire half of the gameplay, but it's incredibly shallow and cheap. The gunplay has no weight either, it feels like I'm shooting confetti. Also, it's early access. That right there should indicate garbage. I've played Garry's Mod gamemodes better than this shit.
>>
Is it basically The Hunger Games? I read the steam description, but I'm still not 100% on it
>>
>>331114497
>scrub tears
>>
>>331114497
Dont forget
>first person to find a gun wins
>>
>>331113981

I still want a real Hunger Games game. Make a character, choose a district, dress them up for the parade thing, do training and the interview, try to get sponsors. I think it'd be fun.
>>
>>331114629
Nope. All it takes is one tricky enemy to disarm you.
>>
>>331113981
h1z1 decided to stop being a zombie survival game and instead is now a hunger game style game as well
>>
>>331114678
Maybe if you're retarded and playing with the sound off.

It's roughly the equivalent of trying to knife someone in counter strike except much harder, it only happens if you're a fucking idiot.
>>
How come everyone in this game is garbage?

I'm not even good at this style of game but I'm/we're (playing with a friend sometimes) winning 90% of all games.
Did someone popular like pewdiepie shill this or why are all these absolute trash players playing it?
>>
>>331114809
You can make smoke grenade with stone and poison vat. Once you hear that someone died to a gun, it's the first thing you should do. Impact grenades, other traps or orange juice can also destroy gun user. If enemies get close you can't use gun.
>>
Did they fix being able to stunlock people with 100% uptime?
>>
>>331114497
git gud
>>
>>331114997
You mean chainsaw? Yeah, chainsaw is very weak now and they nerfed tazer.
>>
I liked what I've seen of the game but the combat seems to be such a turn off, it's on level with DayZ's "melee combat"
>>
>>331115148
So you liked the game but the only gameplay there is you didn't like

sensical.
>>
>>331115148
It's the animations, they are pretty shitty. The combat itself is good.
>>
>>331114629
>have the perk that reduces gun damage
>have chemist, so by the end of the round I have literally all stims active because they last nearly forever with the perk
>guns suddenly don't mean shit and I just have to worry about people who put up claymores or people who are good enough to tazestab you

>>331115148
the melee combat is miles ahead of dayz's, mostly because people aren't teleporting around everywhere because of desync. Also push/block/swing mechanics while I normally hate rock paper scissors is actually pretty fun
>>
>arena survival youtuber bait game
>shilled shortly on /v/

once again
>>
I win like 80% of my matches using instant loot crate drop and the SWAT drop with SMG and body armor

All you have to do is hide until there's a few people left and just shoot the last guy. Seriously you can get like 3 kills out of one SMG magazine if you're good
>>
>>331115284
>people who are good enough to tazestab you

What did they do to make this a difficult strategy
>>
>>331113253
If you do this uninstall
>>
>>331114629
>find
Literally everyone is running one or two different airdrops. Giving guns into player air drops was fucking dumb

They wanted to make a game be a BR game without the restriction of being tied to a survival game, but atleast those games have good damage models and non-retarded game balance.
>>
>>331115252
>What is liking a concept but not the execution
>>
>>331115456
they kinda nerfed tazers but doing the taze->backstab combo wasn't ever really hard, people in this game are just shit and never do it
>>
The shilling is real.
I believe.
>>
>>331115658
>shilling for a literal indie game made on instant noodles budget
>shilling for a $15 game
>>
File: 1381700931283.gif (400 KB, 488x519) Image search: [Google]
1381700931283.gif
400 KB, 488x519
>>331113253
>playing with my sister
>she fucking loves playing guerrilla and punji's and claymores fucking everything

just kill me
>>
I only like watching people play the game, I don't think I would actually have fun playing it after a few hours. But watching a couple game videos here and there is a lot of fun.

I think the worst thing though is watching people team up on skype, like, it ruins the fucking point of the game quit being bitches.
>>
File: 1451498707571.jpg (54 KB, 932x618) Image search: [Google]
1451498707571.jpg
54 KB, 932x618
>>331115817
>place punjis in almost every section of the center ring
>hide while hearing everyone throw up every few seconds
>still lose the game because I had no weapons other than muh punji
>>
>>331112962
>>331113103
>Doesnt play league
>Doesnt watch streams

either your not the target market

or your a shill
>>
File: 1458159627128.jpg (23 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1458159627128.jpg
23 KB, 429x410
Why is everyone so shit at this game? I won 3 - 4 times in a row yesterday. Some people don't seem to know how to fucking block or they block constantly. I don't even go for the guns, I usually settle with a spear + bow and still fuck up people with guns.

I wish there was voice chat so I could tell them to fucking get better and act like a cunt while fighting. Would've made the game 10x times more fun.
>>
>>331116665
voice chat would be shit because people would team up
>>
>>331116665
Most people are awful at vidya. Culling has no matchmaking you can be playing with any idiot.
>>
>>331116762
There's already a team matchmaking option. I guess you mean in the FFA matchmaking, which I then agree it would be pretty shit.
>>
Just the flavor of the month battle royal clone.
>>
>>331116665
I maintain about 80% solo 90% team winrate, most people are awful at the melee mechanics. Once you get down block cancelling and hitbox extension you can beat 99% of the playerbase with a crafted knife vs katana.
>>
File: 1423682159110.jpg (104 KB, 679x673) Image search: [Google]
1423682159110.jpg
104 KB, 679x673
>>331116463
>Not nabbing at least a bow and a tier 3 before you start shoving your sticks in the arena.
>>
>>331116791
I hope they are putting in some sort of ranked matchmaking so you play with people in your skill level.

>Most people are awful at vidya.
This game is really basic though. The first few games you just walk around, learn the map, craft some shit and test weapons/equipment. After you've done that you just need to learn how to block and shove and from there you're good to go.

It took me around 2 - 4 hours to know almost everything in the game. It's not that hard.
>>
>>331117321
Most tier 3s are worse than tier 2, specifically blades and spears which are the strong weapon classes right now.
>>
>>331116586
>Doesn't know the definition of culling
"I'm only pretending," we know.
>>
>>331113819
No esports please. Keep esports to non casual games.
>>
>>331117493
>Most tier 3s are worse than tier 2
How are they worse? Don't they deal more damage and usually more wound infilct or whatever?
>>
Hopeing this will be coming to xbox 1
>>
>>331117680
The tier 2 blade cleaver does more damage than all the tier 3s except the machete and has wound intensity 3, which makes it only deal a little less DPS than the tier 4 katana.
The tier 2 javelin has more wound intensity than the survival spear, making it deal more damage over a fight unless you would be spamming stabs and hitting every one of them with the survival spear.
DMbrandon made 2 excellent vids teaching advanced fighting and comparing all the weapons, the guy is an absolute cuntbag but he explains everything well.
>>
>>331112512
fun but doesnt have alot of content yet.
I'd recommended it, lots of intense combat and is probably one of the only first person games that got melee fighting right. Even guns feel balanced since ammo is really hard to get by and getting hit by a melee weapon deequips you if you are holding a gun(or a bow).
>>
I think it's an alright game for a fucking early access bullshit title.
The problem I have with the game is that I think we're just playtesting the final product.
They are not going to fix the combat and make it better. They are not going to add new maps or weapons. They aren't going to add new content, period.

Every time these guys update the game it says
>WOOW! BIG UPDATE COMING! GET READY, GUYS! HUGE UPDATE!!!
>2 GB file
So what's new?
>Added a server
>Stun gun nerfed
>can't ragequit so easily anymore
The game does not have lasting appeal. You're going to play the same map forever with the same shitty rock paper scissors combat.
>>
>>331113819
yeah, loots and spawns are random. Some weapon damage is random i think, like blowpipes and shit.
>>
>>331118142
But the game has enough of a random element to still feel different every game. Yes I'm running to and from the same places every match but with the randomized loot spawns the game still feels fresh despite having close to 50 hours put into it.
>>
>>331114629
Me and my friend literally got 2v1'd because a guy took some speed chems and slapped my rifle out of my hands and gunned us both down with it.
>>
>>331118114
Bacterial Seller
>>
>>331118370
they aren't random they scale with how long you've charged the attack.
>>
>>331118396
I have 25 hours into it and it's already too predictable. The only thing that makes the rounds fresh is that everyone can pick what cargo they want.
The only difference between two matches is that one ends with fighting a guy with a chainsaw and the other ends with a guy who called in a rifle.
>>
Shill pls go
>>
It's really fun. I got it got $15, definitely worth my money. I'm still unlocking drops, so my build is Chemist, Silent and Immunity (seriously, if you're so tired of backstabs and rifles, get Immunity) for all around gudstuff. I just wish I had ANY friends with it, solo leads to too much "Run into other contestant 2 minutes in, he has a weapon and I don't, gg" and random MM (with no voice chat) is only so good.

The one thing above all I want is more maps. I'd be fine if that's all they worked on for a while. Also nerf punji sticks. And Chemist, though I'll keep abusing it.

Question: How do people NOT run Chemist and Silent every time? They are just so game changing.
>>
>>331119115
Leg day is better than chemist, unless you have oj drop.
>>
>>331119115
if you ever wanna play add me on steam. I'm not great but I'm not awful.

MultipleFrogasms
>>
>>331119115
You can always try to make a run for it if you see another contestant. Chasing takes a long time and usually if its early they wont be bothered with it
>>
>>331119752
This. If you have stamina advantage you can run away. Too bad if you are low though.
>>
>>331119275
I prefer just looking for/dropping ExpRuns while also keeping my other stims much longer. Probably better off with Leg Day but eh, until I git gud at melee combat I'm going to be a shitter anyways.
>>331119537
I'll add you when I get home, mane.
>>331119752
I hate having to abandon an unlooted building for that shit, but I probably should.
>>
Someone needs to just make a game like ARMA or Squad, a semi-realistic approach, of BR. I wanted a BR game, I didn't ask for perks and passive bonuses and humans tanking 10 arrow shots
>>
>>331121425
isn't there an arma mod for that?
>>
>>331121658
Its a pain to join sometimes, takes awhile for the server to fill up and you have to hope if you die early on you can still get into a server or you just sit and wait.
Again, a stand alone realistic version would be the best option.

Arma 3 also has shit maps. Atlis and Stratis are both garbage for BR
>>
File: 1458063790315.gif (3 MB, 380x282) Image search: [Google]
1458063790315.gif
3 MB, 380x282
>>331112512
good shill. good shill
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.