[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it good /v/? Its only 15 dollars and im thinking about buying it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: SDV_twitch_boxart.png (105 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
SDV_twitch_boxart.png
105 KB, 600x800
Is it good /v/? Its only 15 dollars and im thinking about buying it.
>>
It's a good game.
>>
Good game, but it's a niche genre that you must enjoy. That is fucking about with sandbox and grinding.
>>
If you like HM, you'll put at least 40 hours into it.

Ignore the shit posting. It's nothing new or revolutionary. It's a breddy good game.

I quit after the first year. A certain charm is missing that I can't put my finger on, but I still put 40+ hours into it.
>>
My girlfriend loves Harvest Moon games (like yearly playthrough loves) and just became addicted to this game. It's very pretty aside from the character avatar art and there's a fuck ton to do with a somewhat interesting story.

I'm sure she'd recommend it.
>>
if you like HM type games its great

doesnt have much end game content is my only complaint, its heavily skewed towards start and mid game.

i have 50 hours in and it was a lot of fun but by the end of my second year im absolutely rolling in cash with nothing to spend it on and nothing really to do
>>
just fucking pirate it first. the current version is up on every torrent site I can name.
>>
I heard its similar to Animal Crossing. I used to love Animal Crossing on my gamecube.
>>
https://youtu.be/zzjEjAhUD4k
>>
>>331094008
Kind of

It's more about farming
>>
>>331093768
It's basically the same thing over and over but it has enough depth to justify putting a lot of hours into it, depending on what you want to achieve.
>>
It's good OP. Definitely worth $15, and it's regularly being patched. Hopefully the dev will eventually deliver on multiplayer.
>>
>>331094043
Why does this retard bleep the word "fuck"? People only do that shit when it's used occasionally and not in the norm. Is this guy retarded?
>>
If you like adding more chores to your daily schedule
>>
It's literally just Harvest Moon: SJW Edition. If you want to replay Harvest Moon with worse artwork but with gay marriage/adoption, not be able to slaughter animals, and have minorities in STEM fields, go ahead.
>>
It's fun although I find myself really struggling to not maximize my farm and totally run out of time for anything but a little additional fishing. It's weird, I'm always out of stone and always totally swamped in gold (100,000+) as of fall of year 1 on this save. But I can't bring myself to spend that on materials from whats-her-face
>>
>>331094928
Youtubers often choose to censor themselves to avoid getting their videos flagged for mature content, which limits their views.
>>
Just play Dwarf Fortress
>>
>>331093901

Basically this.

It's good for what it is, and nothing more. If it looks fun to you, it will be fun. If it looks boring to you, it will be boring. There aren't really any surprises with it.
>>
>>331094002
this. but that's how it works. you get hype, you buy the game, it's good, play hours on it, you get bored, you stop playing then you will think, why did i pay for this?.
>>
You can get better games for cheaper on PSN or the Wii U eshop.
>>
>>331096830
Or on aliexpresss haha good one m8
>>
Yeah it's pretty fun

I don't think i'm playing it right though, I have an alright farm and an upgraded house + coop but only like 21k gold by winter year 1

fun as fuck though, addictive.
>>
It's LITERALLY cookie clicker with a cute skin.
>>
It's pretty alright.

I stopped playing it due to how weird it felt with an xbox controller.
>>
>>331095013
I'm afraid if I make my farm too big I won't have enough energy to water everything. I'm only at watering proficiency +3 i think.

What happens if you don't water a crop for a day or two? i've never done it
>>
>>331093768
Got 70 hours of enjoyment out of it
>>
>>331095012
(You)
>>
>>331097143

Crops don't die if you don't water them, they just stop growing.

You can upgrade your watering can to save a bit more energy. You'll also eventually be able to craft sprinklers that will do all the work.
>>
>>331093768

>buy it
>play for a few hours
>if you like it keep it
> if you don't refund it
>or just torrent it

Huuuuuuurrrr duuuuuurrrr shuuuuuud aye bi this gaem gauys??
>>
File: 1429551954627.jpg (172 KB, 728x409) Image search: [Google]
1429551954627.jpg
172 KB, 728x409
>>331093768
good if you like harvestmoon/runefactory games
you might not enjoy it if you are looking for an Animal crossing feel
>>
>>331093768
Do it. The game is super fucking comfy and low pressure. It was all made by a single dude with a single vision and as a result the game feels very clear with it direction. If you like farming and very basic time management games do it.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.