[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Factorio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: factoribros.jpg (998 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
factoribros.jpg
998 KB, 1920x1080
Show us your factorios /v/

why is this game so comfy?
>>
because you're a fag
>>
File: neckbeard.jpg (4 MB, 2176x3688) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard.jpg
4 MB, 2176x3688
Scaling is the key.
>>
>>331090025
>oil production smack in the middle
>>
because you're a fag
>>
>>331090147
Yeah unfortunately as I unspooled the main bus I bumped into the oil field. It was a logistic headache but it worked out fine in the end.
>>
I'm having trouble with my battery automation, i'm cracking heavy into light and light into carbon, and feeding the carbon into battery production. However when my heavy and light oil storage becomes full my battery production stops. What do?
>>
>he has cortana turned on

Come the fuck on lad.
>>
>>331090230
More tanks or turn oils into solid fuel.
>>
Can I run this game on a potato i5m intel hd?
>>
>>331090025
I usually produce basic circuits on the same line production that needs them. Is producing them early and transporting them along the "essential resources" line more efficient?
>>
File: base.jpg (879 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
base.jpg
879 KB, 1920x1080
r8 and h8
>>
>>331091118

You fuckers are always so fucking good. I'm not. I'm jealous, but you have a really neat and well developed factories going on.
>>
>>331091339

It's actually a joint operation, played with a friend. Once we're done with the technologies we're going to start our own bases, declare indipendence as a sovereign state and go full Mad Max.
>>
File: 1454316236140.jpg (13 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
1454316236140.jpg
13 KB, 470x313
>early access
>>
>>331089943
>that taskbar
jesus christ anon
>>
>>331091339

No need to be like that, anon. Everyone has their own style and layout. As long as it works who gives a shit?

Personally I always make spagehetti layouts but after the initial resources are gone I dismantle everything and then remake it to something better.
>>
>>331091554
I don't buy early access titles either senpai.

I pirated the most recent version and it was compatible with a non-pirate friend online, its a really good and solid game in its current state. Though I still won't put a cent down until it's actually released desu, because as you've said:
>early access
>>
>>331090578

Eh, it works, but you usually need a fuckton of factories making them if you only have one line. You can make several smaller ones too and stick them in whenever you need them.

>>331090025

>using stone furnaces for copper while you have access to steel furnaces

Goddamnit, anon.
>>
Factorio has 3 threads!
>>
>>331092790
factorio on the front page
>>
>>331092027
Not him but I completely skip steel furnaces too.

Electrical is where it's at nigger.
>>
>>331093019

Except steel furnaces are literally twice as good as stone. There is no downside whatever to upgrade immediately. Electrical furnaces have the advantage of not using any fuel, but instead require a fair amount of electricity, resources and a 3x3 space instead of 2x2. Also, they smelt just as fast as steel furnaces do.
>>
>>331091118
Looks like a good defensible position.
>>
>>331093238

Sort of scared on the huge AY LMAO colony on the other side of the river.
>>
>>331093171
I usually have more than enough iron/copper plates in production with basic furnaces, really.

I wouldn't even upgrade to electrical furnaces if it didn't save me some coal.
>>
I would love it if you had to make a really huge factory but research goes too fast already with just 8 labs. I've almost researched everything but have barely used any of it. What a shame.
>>
>>331093489
Don't give them any ideas for increasing research time.

All that would do is causing you to idle while the research finishes.

They need more enemies or events or something to shake things up.
>>
>>331091339
Its all about experience id say. I've started lot of new games, testing different layouts. At some point you know what you need later, so you can plan ahead and make it efficient.
>>
What's the ultimate point? Are the bugs actually a threat?
>>
>>331095062
Not really.

More like an annoyance. Once you get battery production automated and get a ton of laser turrets you can basically ignore them.
>>
>>331093387
You need 70 basic furnaces for 5-6-12 science production in v2 asms alone
>>
>>331095062

Early? Sure.

Late? Meh, debatable. Once you get a proper factory you can churn out laser turrets on a literal assembly line, and combined with roboports you can pretty much ignore your front lines.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.