[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PRESSURE General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: 98=90-89.png (211 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
98=90-89.png
211 KB, 460x215
>$12 on steam

Ok who has this shit. I have been playing NS2 on and off for a few years and enjoy it but was overall disappointed with the lack of depth.

Is this underwater minecraft or is there enough original creative spark and content to warrant it?

After cube world I vowed to never pre-order early access shit again but this deal is very tempting. Mostly curious if there is enough of a world to sink a few weeks into with a few friends.
>>
Its a pretty good horror game.
>>
>>331070360
Its pretty fun, although its a little short on things to do after about 15 hours of play.
>>
File: Hugh.png (183 KB, 970x223) Image search: [Google]
Hugh.png
183 KB, 970x223
Jesus man if you played NS2 you would think you would know not to trust UWE after it gutted the game.

Don't EVER believe this man's lies
>>
>>331070689
15 hours? That is it?

Christ
>>
>>331070360

Eh, there are features that need to be in, you know? One is the Cyclops which is a large sub and can be a mobile base. The Cyclops doesn't have any means of recharging power besides straight replacing it's power cells. While the smaller sub has a host of upgrades the cyc just gets a depth compressor. The game is good so far but it's clear it's not quite finished.

But there's base building and farming. I found an alien egg at like 500m so I put it in my 2 story aquriam. The thing is full of airfish and seaweed palnts so whatever it is it'll have abit to eat before it tries to kill me!
>>
>>331070360
I just kind of get the feeling I'd have buyers remorse if I bought it.

Yknow. Because early access games are basically a one way ticket to buyer's remorse.
>>
Has anyone fixed the pod and gotten communications up?

I did and it accomplished Jack shit. Well, the bad Holy Diver quotes were neat at least.
>>
>>331071142
If you don't use a guide you probably will get more time out of it, and they are doing frequent updates. I just start over sometimes and build new bases in different biomes and in more and more dangerous areas. It's really just comfy to swim around or float around and gather stuff to survive. Once they add some monsters that can fuck up the cyclops it'll be a lot harder to get some stuff.

They update the game frequently so I don't worry about it being EA because of all the updates.
>>
>>331070360
>Unity Engine
Lmao?
>>
How the fuck do I power my base?
>>
>>331073594
Go back two years before you post
>>
File: Ballbot_Rezero_2010.jpg (1 MB, 1986x2958) Image search: [Google]
Ballbot_Rezero_2010.jpg
1 MB, 1986x2958
>>331073364

I bought it because I looked cool on YouTube. The team seems competent or at least more competent than indie devs that go into the EA quickly so I was thinking that the game would get better and go gold. It's actually been pretty fun. I don't know how it would compare to Minecraft since this game emphasizes deep sea exploration instead of digging through block after block of shit. The tech stuff is cool.
>>
>>331070360
Ive bought it, but im too scared to go into the kelp forest or deeper than 75 Meters because its too dark
>>
>>331073654

Easiest way is solar panels. Two will do you for awhile.

New this update are blueprints for a biomass generator found near your pod. You put in vines and it makes energy. I haven't found it though.
>>
>>331073737
Go back to current year before you post.
>>
>>331073940
>New this update are blueprints for a biomass generator
That's not new.

Also I personally parked my ass on the thermal vent and went with thermal power.

It was tough to get started but once I got running it's satisfying having non stop constant power that never needs refueling.
>>
>>331073654
Solar panels and power transmitter. But it doesn't work at night so you might feek a bit limited, craft a thermometer and seek heat sources to craft a generator converting heat into power.
>>
>>331074083

That's great but I had to look up whereto fnd manganese.

It's terrible that you have to go so far and so deep just to build a compass.
>>
>>331070360

Is $12 of your money worth what is ~15 hours of content currently?

Does having a small sub, and massive mobile-base style sub appeal to you?
Is the idea of basic base-building and crafting tools and components appealing to you?
Are the graphics and art-style compelling to you?

If this is worth $12 to you (that is, roughly the cost of 12 McChicken's from McDonald's), then buy it. It was for me. I've got my enjoyment out of it at $20, even. It's amazing fun exploring, the survival is great, and the creativity of base building and finding new elements and making them fit in right is awesome. 20 McChickens would not have provided me as much enjoyment or satisfaction as Subnautica has.
>>
>>331074541
>That's great but I had to look up whereto fnd manganese.
Magnetite.

>It's terrible that you have to go so far and so deep just to build a compass.
Head north.
Keep goin.
Keep goin.
Keeeeeep goin.
Stop when you hit an island.
You never have to go deeper than 25 meters. Litihium and magnetite.
The wiki sucks. Don't trust it. The mountain island (not the floater) has magnetite sticking on it underneath and lithium on the beaches. I BELIEVE that's north.
>>
>>331070360
Biggest question is when does multiplayer come in?

No matter how mediocre a game is.

Add 3 friends and it becomes infinity better.

Just hope they include a reason to dive an aggressive hazards that harass you.
>>
>>331070360
Is there any dwarf fortress clone that let's you build under the water?
>>
>>331075038
>Just hope they include a reason to dive
Gotta get them fragments.
>>
I loved the game when I played it. Vinny's stream of it actually convinced me to buy it. It was well worth the money.

Can't wait for the new update this month.
>>
File: sub5.webm (2 MB, 1284x748) Image search: [Google]
sub5.webm
2 MB, 1284x748
>>
File: sub4.webm (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
sub4.webm
3 MB, 720x405
>>331077006
wups meant to post this one
>>
>>331077006
>>331077085

Oceanic games general, I guess
https://youtu.be/17SD-b997Ck
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.