[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was wrong with this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: GTA4-box-art.jpg (109 KB, 463x579) Image search: [Google]
GTA4-box-art.jpg
109 KB, 463x579
What was wrong with this game?
>>
SUVs had no shocks and every car handled like they were underwater
>>
they changed things up and started going for realism. i can understand why some people hated that, but i think it's one of the most fun games for roleplaying. and i really like how easy it is to run away from the cops on foot, if you use the alleys.
>>
How many posts can we go before someone posts the GTA IV is better than GTA V video
>>
>>331064957
Was lacking severely in variety, especially compared to San Andreas before it. Story was good though, and multiplayer was fun.

GTA V should've allowed you to make self contained lobbies like IV and cut the grindy progression bullshit
>>
Dunno, it just didn't interest me. Only GTA game I haven't finished.
>>
>>331065652

>Started going for realism

Yeah I remember the first time I rear ended someone so hard they fell out of their car on fire. So realistic.
>>
>>331065871
people from hollywood infiltrated and "writers" suddenly wanted to be recognized and be "deep"

realism over fun
shitty driving physics.
shitty liberty city not fun at all like 3
>>
The PC version is an unoptimized piece of shit.
>>
Sometimes you had a disconnect between story Nico and player controlled Nico. Story Nico wanted to get away from the battlefield and wanted a better life while player Nico goes on rampages.
>>
>>331064957
the only issue for me was the terrible technical issues at the start

I liked both SA and IV and I could appreciate the tone change. IV is dark and gritty but it still has personality and probably the most meaningful story

V has neither
>>
>>331065871
i meant the missions were more grounded in reality, the only thing i couldn't see happening in real life was that one where jacob shoots down the helicopter. there are bits and pieces of craziness but for the most part it was a subdued experience overall.
>>
>>331066165
story Nico wanted to get away from killing by working for the Russian mob and killing people

he's a tragic tale of people never changing
>>
>>331066242
This.

I miss IV

VC had the best story overall though
>>
>>331064957
The driving was a chore but other than that it was good. TBOGT is GOAT
>>
>>331066981

nah, the driving is very easy if you're playing on pc using Keyboard & Mouse.
>>
I tried to play IV a while ago but GFWL wasn't working.

Is there a fix?
>>
File: 027.jpg (128 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
027.jpg
128 KB, 800x585
>>331067129
Doesn't make it not subpar
Also
>driving
>kb+m
Pic related
>>
>>331067268
you don't need it to work, there's an option to make an offline account
>>
File: Vercetti golf.jpg (84 KB, 343x868) Image search: [Google]
Vercetti golf.jpg
84 KB, 343x868
Is this me?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.