[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Screenwide attacks which even go through the roof >A magic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: 2836991-4212229547-28357.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2836991-4212229547-28357.jpg
116 KB, 1280x720
>Screenwide attacks which even go through the roof
>A magic attack which causes daggers to fly all the way across the roof as well
>Leap attack which hits 99% of the time

I have no idea how I beat this shitfest. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?
>>
File: 1187548289.jpg (109 KB, 301x312) Image search: [Google]
1187548289.jpg
109 KB, 301x312
>>331064537
>dodge
>hit the sword
>dodge

???
>>
>>331064537
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUUgQ0AjZc

A few minutes in he starts talking and giving tips on what to do and what not to do
>>
File: 1452397423343.png (976 KB, 708x955) Image search: [Google]
1452397423343.png
976 KB, 708x955
>>331064537
Shoot your gun or throw some sleeve tentacles at him if you're arcane
>>
Like all human bosses, parry to death
He's one of the easiest ones too with his massive tells
Also you can backstab him when he tries to power up
>>
Logarius is easy once you know his tricks.

At the end of the first phase he'll charge up and become basically unstaggerable. If you backstab him you'll break his charge up and prevent him from doing it again.

When he plants the sword in the ground it'll summon daggers, but you can destroy it by hitting it or just shooting it. That'll cancel the summon.

Without that all you need to worry about is his leaping and flying attacks but you can avoid those by dodging forwards. He's actually pretty meek when robbed of his magical abilities.

It frustrated me too but keep at it.
>>
>>331064537
Apparently people who were aware of the existence of the dodge button.
>>
>>331065450
You can't dodge his frontal attacks though no matter what you do. If you're in his proximity it WILL hit.
>>
I beat him first try but I think I might have been over leveled
>>
>>331064537
parry that faggot
also I tend to just leave the dagger spell and camp behind one of the pillars for a bit, as soon as I shoot down a dagger that fag will put another one down immediately after every time so I find it pointless
>>
>>331064537
by the time I found cainhurst I was overleveled. shitty boss anyways
>>
What level are you?
>>
>>331065587
Do you mean his instant/negative frame close attacks that nearly every single enemy has to balance the difficulty to the speed increase?
>>
>People actually recommending parry
How casual are you? It's literally the "I give up and I'm going to cheat" button
>>
File: f1.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
f1.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
I beat him at BL4
>>
>>331065846
No. His long range attack with the scythe which is basically an unavoidable arc but that instant orb attack was pretty disgusting as well
>>
>>331064537
Deadass? Beat that guy at lvl 42... his lunge is so free.
>>
>>331065985
Yes after how many attempts and with what weapon upgrade level? If the answer to either of these is more than 3 you can stop posting
>>
>>331065985
But did you beat Orphan of Kos?
serious question, I started a BL4 run today and he is the boss I fear the most as I have a shitload of trouble killing him regularly
>>
>>331064537
>How do I beat ____ boss
Its a souls game, you roll left when they attack. Get behind them than stab. Circle strafe until they do a bullshit AOE. Runaway, heal, repeat. Focus on avoiding damage while punishing every missed attack.

The fight is not hard, though this guy can act as a DPS check since he is all attack and no defense.
>>
>>331066161

I watched a BL4 absolutely smoke the Orphan on <spoiler>reddit</spoiler>, if you get a parry pattern down he doesn't seen bad. Plus a beast pellet and fire paper, you should be okay.
>>
>>331064537
Someone didn't spend some time at the start practicing parry on the executioner
>>
>>331066425
I am absolute anus at parrying though, especially if it's some raging autist like orphan. Plus I can imagine parrying his second form would be pretty time consuming as he likes to jump around and throw shitballs/lightning aoe all the time instead of just attack.
I'll cross that bridge when I get to it I guess.
>>
>>331066019
The key to avoiding his long range fly scythe is to face roll it and than stab him in the back when he flies past you. Use you I-frames anon.

>>331065587
He only pulls that attack if you are standing in front of him for 2 seconds. The tell is he will stop moving for a second before this attack giving it an actually long wind up time. The attack is a combo starter so get your two hits than roll out in-between his combos.
>>
>>331066425
What do beast pellets actually do? Literally never used one
>>
>>331066621

Yeah, parrying didn't seem terrible on the first stage (I think you could do it, have faith) but with the second form you just need to be patient and kinda walk around all of his attacks. He's a fucker for sure, definitely will be challenging.
>>
>>331066621
Git gud.

If you can into parrying literally every souls game is a joke
>>
>>331066672

After you consume one a meter appears. If you connect your attacks, the meter raises and so does your attack strength. Your defense decreases inversely though.
>>
Honestly I cleared the entire game without parrying for most bosses. It was more about figuring out their moves and dodging.

Hunter-sized enemies basically required parrying though.
>>
>>331066769
I'm pretty decent at parrying in DaS, even though there is basically no use in doing it, but for some reason in BB I get hasty as fuck and just spam the gun and end up missing everything. Same with the dash to. Was nowhere nearly as nervous during my DaS SL1 run.
>>
>>331064537
>have a hard time with him on my first char and second char
>third char I get people to powerboost myself to a +10 Rakuyo before I'm even lvl 50
>wreck the fuck out of him down to 5% hp
>suddenly I lose my groove and kept being on the defensive
>he kills me

I felt like shit for a very long time

Then I summoned some dude and gangbanged him
>>
>>331066930
Was that intentional or moot's same time post legacy?
>>
>>331065587
>making up shit to justify yourself.
>>
>>331066095
I beat him blindfolded, on my first attempt with no upgrades. Sorry pal
>>
>>331066161
Orphan gave me trouble until I could reliably backstab him in his second form. he's not too bad comparatively, I'd say Laurence and some chalice bosses are harder. maybe Maria as well.
>>
>>331067941

For me Orphan was the greatest challenge of the game, after Ludwig.
>>
>>331068127
He was one of the hardest during my first playthrough as well. He gets significantly easier once you learn how to backstab him though
>>
>>331064537
"quite honestly, if a game's not going to hold my hand - if I can't pick it up an instantly be able to sleepwalk through it - WHAT is the point of me playing anything" - OP, a faget
>>
>people didn't parry him to death
Probably one of the only bosses I did in only 2 attempts
>>
File: 1456597040083.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1456597040083.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
daily reminder that if you still find bosses hard after vicar amelia that you are shit and should kill yourself to stop spreading the bad at souls game genetics
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.