[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how are you guys enjoying Samurai Warriors 4 Empires after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: SW4E box art.jpg (379 KB, 1202x1500) Image search: [Google]
SW4E box art.jpg
379 KB, 1202x1500
So how are you guys enjoying Samurai Warriors 4 Empires after waiting a decade for another Empires installment in the series to come to the West?

I actually enjoyed DW8E myself, but this is so much better.
>>
I got DW8E and became bored of it faster than any other Empires game. I couldn't tell if it was because I was finally getting bored of them, or if DW8E just wasn't particularly good. What makes SW4E better?
>>
>>331032657
>enjoyed DW8E
seriously?
It almost broke my PS3, the shittst musou ever
SE4 is way better
>>
>>331032889

The politicking feels a lot more involved and there's a lot of random events that can happen like plagues or natural disasters. That and the mini castle you use during the Strategy Phase feels more comfy than the War Room in DW8E
>>
are there waifus and kids like in DW8E? Going to pick this up eventually so I can get me some Nene
>>
got the vita version

runs pretty well. i'm new to this empires thing so seeing the map was a happy overwhelming
>>
I like it for the most part, it basically brought almost everything back from DW5:E/SW2:E (two policies from an adviser each, can override them with any unlocked policy you have, manually place generals who can only defend/attack areas they are adjacent in, crop/economy tending, etc.), and bases don't fall instantly like they did in 8:E.

My only complaint so far is that it takes forever to level and resupply troops, and the AI on Hard mode once again doesn't have to worry too much about either. Take too long rebuilding after a successful takeover/defense and the enemy is in your face with higher level generals and maxed troops.

Oh, and the best returning part, talkie bits between generals are back.
>>
>>331034027

>talkie bits

why were those ever removed
>>
>>331034882
Pure laziness most likely.

Also there are marriages, but as far as I know no kid producing.

Historical offspring are treated like they are in SW2:E where they join the army their parents are in naturally after a certain period of time passes. No idea if it still happens if you have one but not the other in case of playable females.

They also added a bunch of new premade CAW characters for more variety in generics, there's quite a few generic female officers now, so people now have wives, sisters, and children who didn't have them in in the series before (Nagamasa has his sister Maria, Oichi has her daughter Chacha, etc.)
>>
Does the game recognize the previous costume DLC for SW4/SW4-II if you've bought it on the same console?
>>
How good is the game's customization? DW8E may have been total shit, but It had great customization options.
>>
>>331035313
Costumes, music tracks, and mounts carry over. I don't know about the weapons as I didn't buy them.

You have to buy the mounts in the store once you get a horse stable in your empire though.
Also you have to a mount for EACH general to use, so it's better just to get speed-ups on your weapon and use the generic horse most of the time.

>>331035534
CAW with less armor choices as 8:E, but you can customize the portrait, banner, kanji during musou and true musou, and can rename each territory's capital. Can also designate who the character's parent is and who they are most compatible with (for marriage and cutscenes).
>>
>>331033368
There is marriage, but I don't know about kids and I can't seem to find an answer anywhere
>>
>>331035762
I imagine that means they don't have kids, no? Or at least not ones you can play as.
>>
I like it so far. DW8E was okay but it felt really barebones. This feels a little more fleshed out and I feel like I have to think about what I'm doing at least some of the time.

Absolutely hate the 15 minute battle limit though. Feels way, way too short but I don't see that ever getting changed.
>>
>>331035750
Forgot to add that they also have it set up like DW7 and 8:E where you can overwrite a character with your own CAW.

Also for some strange reason there's an option during the campaign set-up to remove females from the current playthrough entirely. I guess if you wanted a more 'historical' game.
>>
File: 28-5.jpg (30 KB, 350x417) Image search: [Google]
28-5.jpg
30 KB, 350x417
How's the troop count and pop-in on Vita? About the same as SWC3? I have a PS3 and a Vita and I strongly prefer handhelds when possible but everybody told me to not bother with the Vita version of DW8E, so I'm wary.
>>
>>331036091
There's a level two strategy that makes the timer 25 minutes, but yeah, it's way too fucking short at 15 minutes normally. I'm playing on Hard mode and I've had time run out before I defeated the stage boss due to how much work you have to do to take out bases.
Running out of time also counts as a defeat of course, with all the wasted resources and potential lost generals that entails.
>>
>>331036143

Can I overwrite a male with a female? Say I wanted to make Oda a girl.
>>
>>331036091

>Feels way too short
>needing more than 10 minutes to bumrush the leader
>>
I don't have 4 or 4-2, I only have Empires

Could I just buy the costumes from the other games without actually owning them and they'd work with Empires?
>>
>>331036370
Can't bum rush in this game as the boss won't even appear until a supply line is cut completely, and then the enemy main camp will stay in red zone territory until almost all lines are cut, which means everything gets hyper stats and super armor.

Unlike previous Empire games you can't sneak into enemy red zones and break the line at the source as the enemy base meter won't even appear if the zone is too red.
>>
>>331036712
Yes.
Only thing you'll miss from not having the other two games are two banners for your castle. Nothing actually carries over from the games aside from DLC.
>>
File: Gracia.jpg (39 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Gracia.jpg
39 KB, 800x800
Who is best Samurai Waifu and why is it Gracia?

Her historical death is depressing
>>
How's the empire management and politics so far? Pretty in-depth or just deep enough to call it an Empires game?
>>
File: Proposal_Overview[1].jpg (664 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Proposal_Overview[1].jpg
664 KB, 1920x1080
>>331037738
It's the same thing as the last PS2 Empires games, just with it gussied up as the interface takes place inside a castle (more like a dollhouse) with the advisers set up in certain rooms depending on what they are in charge of (warfare/troops, diplomacy, home affairs, strategy, etc). As your get more territories under your control you can build bigger castles with more rooms and thus more advisers.

On a side note, Nene and Gracia are fucking adorable in this mode if they are paired with another officer they are on good terms with, as they hop up and down in happiness when conversing with them.
>>
>>331037572
Kai here
>>
do you lose stats and everything after you finish a game like in 8e? shit was retarded
>>
File: Koshosho.jpg (1 MB, 2098x3000) Image search: [Google]
Koshosho.jpg
1 MB, 2098x3000
>>331038889

Why is her adoptive father such a boss
>>
Is it better than DW7E? I skipped 8E since everyone said it was a step back
>>
>>331032657
Is there a PC release date? I was going to buy SW4-2 so I could rip shit as Nobunaga but then I heard this was on the horizon
>>
>>331042616
Can you actually lose or die.I hated that in dw8e that you could not lose unless someone else took over the land.
>>
>>331042761
What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>331042616
Not on PC.

Get it on PS4, or failing that, PS3 (if you don't mind digital only).
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.