[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some examples of long-lasting video game fanbases that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 5l0ZKaf.png (199 KB, 800x233) Image search: [Google]
5l0ZKaf.png
199 KB, 800x233
What are some examples of long-lasting video game fanbases that have been ruined by a sudden influx of new fans?
>>
/v/
>>
jojoshit was always a fucking meme though, remember the fucking MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA xDDDD shit?
>>
Fallout is the closest thing I can think of. Also, I suggest you prepare yourself for the inevitable onslaught of "what the fuck did u just say about my hair????!!!!! DORARARARARA xD" two weeks from now.
>>
Osomatsu
>>
Anything that girls now enjoy
>>
>>331006970
Fire Emblem. Though it would be dead otherwise so what can you do.
>>
>>331006970
>HUUUURRRRR IS POPULAR
>DURRRRR IS SUCKS NOW; IS RUINED
Oh stop it now you little fucking faggot. Being the special snowflake no longer is making you unhappy?

And Jojo was never anything but average. The art didnĀ“t get good till part three. And the anime is actually making part 1 and 2 passable. Before that they were a bore.
>>
Part 4 soon.
>>
>>331006970
I wonder how many will act like their in on some sort of hidden reference when "Red Hot Chilli Pepper" shows up
>>
>>331006970
Zelda. They even made a tranny out of Link.
>>
>>331006970
Sonic
Also JoJo fanbase was always full of memers. Did everyone suddenly forget when WRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY was popular like 8 years ago?
>>
File: 1455663249050.png (19 KB, 330x383) Image search: [Google]
1455663249050.png
19 KB, 330x383
>>331008528
It won't be called that due to copyright. You're in for two years of Shining Diamond, Reverb and Deadly Queen.
>>
WRRRRRRRYYYY/ROAD ROLLER DA was one of 4chan's oldest memes
>>
>>331008425
>It would be dead otherwise

Death is a thing to accept. Look back upon the good times fondly. It is a better fate than having the things you love mutilated and raped.
>>
>Anime does Phantom Blood right, makes it fun to watch and not the horrible shit it turned into after Dio became a vampire
>Then it goes around and butchers Battle Tendency, the best part of the entire series

I will never stop being mad, but atleast we got a solid opening out of it.
>>
>Arma (DayZ fans)
>Fallout
>>
>Persona
>Fire emblem
>Fallout
>Red Orchestra
>counter strike
>team fortress
>>
>>331009646
Well that is pretty shit
>>
>>331010302
>persona
This
>>
>>331009961
How did it butcher it?
>>
Anything that was made by Looking Glass
>>
>>331009646
>Copyright
>On fansubs
Can someone explain to me how that works?
>>
>>331010302
>Persona
Persona is hilarious because you have (nearly extinct) P1 fags saying the fanbase went to shit after P2 came out, P2 fags saying the fanbase went to shit after P3 came out, and P3 fags saying the fanbase went to shit after P4 came out.
>>
>>331010624
Maybe he likes to buy the official DVDs
>>
I got a better question.

What are some examples of long-lasting video game fanbases that have been improved by a sudden influx of new fans?

can't think of any
>>
>>331008431
Were you not around for the near constant "IT WAS ME DIO" posts?
>>
>>331010673
This. I think p3 and 4 are shit though
>>
>>331010761
America's Army
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.