[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stealth games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: de.jpg (220 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
de.jpg
220 KB, 1920x1080
Let's discuss and recommend stealth games. Games that generally avoid combat in favor of other tactics.
>>
Well, Human Revolution certainly wasn't one of those
>>
All metal gear games before V
>>
>>330995291
No. All mg games are a mix of stealth and action. V is no different in that regard
>>
>>330994550
Styx was pretty good, but holy shit the combat was so awful.
>>
>>330996367
Granted, but guns blazing tectics are totally feasible in 5 but not in any others. You can't call in bombardments and drive tanks in mgs1 for example
>>
>playing original Thief
>generally having a fun time
>get to crypt level
>zombies everywhere
>not enough holy water to kill them all
>map isn't very helpful
>layout is confusing as fuck

I've been stuck on this for a while now. Fuck zombies.
>>
>>330996527
MGS1 has several segments that force you into gun blazing tactics though.

>>330996752
Thief is the best answer.
>>
>>330996527
>>330997050

I think I've killed more people in MGS1 than in every other game in the series combined
>>
File: 1450099206952.png (753 KB, 1008x672) Image search: [Google]
1450099206952.png
753 KB, 1008x672
>>330997302
But were they really people?
>>
Will they be bringing back the deus ex 1 style of xp?
Every playthrough of hr for me ends in non lethal stealth for those sweet, sweet praxis points.

Not to mention stealth lethal is actually much harder.
>>
File: Shards_of_darkness_04.jpg (69 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Shards_of_darkness_04.jpg
69 KB, 960x540
>>330996416
i kinda liked the shitiness of the combat a bit, since it forces you to play much more carefully and stealthily. Trying to finish each stage completely undetected was pretty challenging.

kinda excited for the upcoming sequel.
>>
>>330996527
Yes and no.
MGS 4 you could run adn gun.
While you couldn't run and gun mostly, you could just kill the enemies in MGS1 to stop them respawning.
Killing an entire room was often the best method of MGS 2 + 3 also since they would wake up if you just knocked them out.
>>
>>330997302
I think it's the only Solid game where you can't go through nonlethally
>>
am i the only one who thinks that splinter cell 12 & 3 is comfy?
>>
>>330998642
You are literally the only person in the whole world that has that opinion, yes
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.