[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We discuss why the Wii U was a failure and what Nintendo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: Wii U Nintendo Blast.png (42 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
Wii U Nintendo Blast.png
42 KB, 620x400
ITT: We discuss why the Wii U was a failure and what Nintendo has to do to get back into the game
>>
>>330989490
Pokémon Snap 2
>>
...for the 8 millionth time.
>>
Pokken. /thread
>>
>>330989490
Nintendo doesn't have any third party support. The third party games that do get released on it are always watered down or unsupported
>>
>Dreamcast fails because it has no third party support but is remembered as one of one the greatest consoles ever, far ahead of its time.

>Wii U fails for the exact same reason and will be forgotten as nothing more than a flop with poor marketing.

as an old school Sega Soldier, this pleases me.
>>
Are Nintendrones really this confused as to why the Wii U did not succeed that we need a thread asking why every day?
>>
>>330989728
>Nintendo saves Bayonetta
>Drones don't even buy it because it doesn't have Mario, Zelda, or Smash on the cover

Thanks.
>>
>>330989757
>Dreamcast
>poor third party

The dreamcast had great third party from Capcom and Namco
>>
>hey lets make the controller a large touch tablet!
>great idea, but lets limit its use to only a menu select screen

>hey lets change the hardware to it's cheaper to sell!
>great idea, but lets lower the specs just enough so that 3rd party developers skip it

>hey lets fund some original games!
>great idea, but lets not spend a cent on marketing the games and instead push our billionth mario game

>hey lets add our seal of quality to our games!
>great idea, but make sure that their price never goes down no matter how many years they've been sitting on the shelves.
>>
File: Face-Professor_Booster_o.png (787 B, 96x96) Image search: [Google]
Face-Professor_Booster_o.png
787 B, 96x96
>>330989867
>Drones activly hate Bayonetta because she isn't what they wanted for their Smash Ballot
>>
File: 1396658474574.gif (47 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1396658474574.gif
47 KB, 429x410
>>330990021
Never bothered touching her games because of how ugly she is. Not a fan of playing as a woman to begin with. But her proportions are all fucked up. Looks like they put her on one of those medieval stretching racks.
>>
>>330989757
>Dreamcast fails because it has no third party support but is remembered as one of one the greatest consoles ever, far ahead of its time.
This is exclusively your opinion.
>>
>>330989867
>implying smash doesn't have mario and zelda on the cover, or that it sold for any reason other than that
>>
>>330990192
Go start a dreamcast thread. It's a beloved console.
>>
File: tumblr_m8a5igRpHN1qh1253o1_250.jpg (33 KB, 250x232) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8a5igRpHN1qh1253o1_250.jpg
33 KB, 250x232
>>330990123
She's designed to look somewhat unnerving, she's based on fashion model drawings that are like 9 heads tall. Like a slutty slenderman.
>>
> why it failed
Poor naming choice, lack of mainstream marketing, next to no third party support, no true original Zelda
>>
>>330989490
>not releasing MH4U on the wii u
i'm still kind of salty. mh3u was just an easier version of Tri. I'm also pretty pissed they didn't make a metroid game.
>>
Cost
Name
Controller that makes multiplay an impossibility and foments unrest in the households of millions
Controller is so important that if it is broken the system becomes a paper weight and 99% of the games become useless.
A replacement controller costs as much as a used ps360 with 2 controllers plus 10 games.
No HDD space
Doesn't play DVD or Blu-ray(no big loss on this one, no one buys blu-ray for anything save for games)or even cds.
No nintendo IP out of the gate
Nintendo didn't throw wii money at certain devs and publishers and buy exlusive use of certain IP
Nintendo didn't buy THQ and Rare then merge them together to make a wester Nintendo branch that would put out shooters and budget western aimed titles like atv games and officially licensed nintendo only games from marvel, dc, my little pony, transformers, etc etc.
Nintendo didn't buy capcom and se and start firing niggas.
Nintendo didn't buy konami's ip for a song and a promise not to have everyone of their board of directors killed in hilarious and painful ways.
Lack of advertisement
Lack of marketing, good marketing.
NoA and NoE being strong armed by the home branch in japan. I mean, noa and noe did some stupid shit but they still got those games sold.
I could go on.
>>
>>330989490
gamecube virtual console

that's all i want

they can crash and burn afterwards if they are going to either way but i'd really appreciate gamecube compatibility in some form.
>>
>>330990771
Hack the Wii mode and install Nintendont
>>
>>330989982

>never lower the price no matter how long they've been sitting on the shelves

Of all the shit Nintendo does, this is the one that irks me the most.
>>
My main problem is that they treat their games lile gold with a few exceptions
> prices rarely ever drop to less than 35
> twilight princess hd is full price
>>
>>330990558
>99% of the games become useless.
Very, very few games put that kind of importance on the gamepad.
>>
>>330991242
Don't a significant number need the Gamepad to select yes at the start menu?
>>
>>330991305
No
>>
>>330989580
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/junichi_masuda_talks_pokemon_snap_and_listening_to_fans

never ever because gimmicks
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.