[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>game succeeds in capturing a niche audience with a funny,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: nepugia pantsu slut.jpg (133 KB, 1047x903) Image search: [Google]
nepugia pantsu slut.jpg
133 KB, 1047x903
>game succeeds in capturing a niche audience with a funny, retarded main character doing random things and reference humor
>let's make a sequel with unfunny, boring, normal main character doing normal shit!
Why?
>>
File: 9302011.png (117 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
9302011.png
117 KB, 500x360
>playing shitty rehash games
>>
All Neptunia games are shit and only sell well because waifus.
>>
>>330981961
Because shitlord weebs complaimed about the translation, which turned jap weeb references into regular references, thus disrupting the weeb-club mentality. Therefore they tried something new.

By now, everyone realized that it's just a jap meme game turned into a meme game, and that it didnt really fucking matter anyway. So they even hired the NISA translator back for their inhouse translation of VII.
>>
>game succeeds in capturing a niche audience with a funny, retarded cast doing cute things and japanese stuff
>let's make a sequel that drops all of that and let's throw the cast into dangerous situations that involves slaying zombie demons summoned by an money hungry villain that somehow mutates into different forms when he eats a demon baby that hunts for a small child that has the powers of a nuclear bomb

it was awesome
>>
>>330981961
This desu.
mk2 was mostly appreciated because the gameplay was actually good coming from the original HDN, but RB 2 is a fucking boring chore.
Also Nepgear is the worst main character, deserved to be bullied in V and RB 3
>>
Is Re;birth 1 a good place to start if I've never played a Neptunia game before?

My friend keeps telling me that I should start with the original HDN instead but I heard it's an awful game in general and even from fans of the series.
>>
>>330984523
Yes, play RB 1 and skip HDN
If you want to get an idea of how awful it is, watch a YT gameplay, don't worry about story, nothing of value lost by spoiling anyway
>>
>>330984523
Dude I beat all 4 mainline Neptunia games and all 3 Rebirth remakes. You do NOT want to play the very original game man. It's fucking torture. Only do it out of morbid curisoity or if you can endure the fuckest of RPGs.
>>
File: 1456629790973.png (139 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1456629790973.png
139 KB, 480x360
Action Unleashed on PC is releasing in 5 days, friends.

who /dayonepurchase/ here?
>>
>>330984785
Never wanted U and never will
>>
>>330984785
me
>>
>>330984785
U was fun but not worth the $40 original vita price. I'd say $20 or so. Dunno what it's starting out on steam for. Short game and not a ton of characters.
>>
>>330982046
This. They don't even sell in Japan, it's westerners with no taste that sustain the series, which is why they're now being ported to PC
>>
Congratulations Anon, you figured out that moeshit is the japanese equivalent of generic western military garbage.

They pander to people they know they can squeeze money out of, and when they see the potential for bigger profits, they'll drop you like an ugly baby.
>>
>>330982490
game?
>>
>>330984636
>>330984673
Well I was told that the Re;birth games are for people who already played through the originals already and want to experience the story a little differently. Is this just bullshit then?

I just watched a quick youtube video of the original HDN and the combat seems like the usual jrpg turn based system like in Final Fantasy. I feel like I'm misunderstanding why people say it's a bad game. Just curious to why people shit on it so much and how Rebirth;1 fixes those problems.
>>
>>330984785
If the price is low I'll buy it. I have an itch to play cute girl musou games but Senran Kagura isn't releasing on pc until summer so this will have to do until then.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.