[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uncharted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Uncharted-3-Drakes-Deception-03.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Uncharted-3-Drakes-Deception-03.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
I've seen allot of people here say that they prefer Uncharted 2 over 3 so I went in with some low expectations but overall I thought it was great.

I'm curious why people here say Uncharted 2 is better?
>>
The Story and gameplay updates from Uncharted 1.

3 felt rushed amd the main Villian sucked, and the "supernatural" enemies were dumb

The only thing 3 has on 2 is the graphics and multiplayer are better
>>
>>330983064
>3 felt rushed amd the main Villian sucked
It didn't feel rushed to me? The two main villains Marlowe and Talbot were great, they had more depth to them then Lazarević in 2?

> "supernatural" enemies were dumb
But they were awesome! The Djinn guys (Flame genies) were fun to fight and they weren't exactly 'supernatural' since Nate was just hallucinating. Did you think the Shambhala Guardians from 2 were less dumb??
>>
>>330981950
Story was literally thrown together last minute. They wrote the story around the setpieces and it shows. Final act felt like a joke and rushed as hell.

Never explained why that guy could teleport either.

Oh and the first few hours of the game are garbage
>>
>>330981950
3 had set pieces with a story written around them
2 had a story with set pieces written around it
>>
>>330983064
I would say the gameplay is better spaced out and paced, there were too many bits in Uncharted 2 that were wave of enemies followed by wave of enemies.
Agree with the whole part about it feeling rushed though.
>>
>>330983917
>Story was literally thrown together last minute. They wrote the story around the setpieces and it shows.
Your going to have to show some sources because the game doesn't feel rushed at all to me. It feels like the set pieces serve to move the story forward I see no problem.

>Final act felt like a joke and rushed as hell.
How was it a joke? It didn't feel any more rushed then 2?

>Oh and the first few hours of the game are garbage
If your talking about when you play as teenager Nate I thought that was great. We got to see how Nate met Sully and how there pasted tied to Marlowe.
>>
>>330981950
2 had a better story, it was more challenging and it had an actual final boss fight instead of QTE shit like in 1 and 3.
>>
>>330984161
Pretty sure there's a video in the special features that straight up tells you they designed the setpieces first and wrote a story around it.
>>
Man I don't understand the hate for 3. I thought it was just as good as 2 if not better.
>>
>>330984161
>How was it a joke? It didn't feel any more rushed then 2?

They almost just went ahead and copy pasted the ending of 2 into it nigger.

>Your going to have to show some sources because the game doesn't feel rushed at all to me. It feels like the set pieces serve to move the story forward I see no problem.
The boat section didn't really move the story at all though. I will say that it was probably my favorite section of any Uncharted though.
>>
The is not such thing as "good" Uncharted. Every single one is dudebro garbage aimed at the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>330984736
If that's the way you think then chances are your'e the lowest common denominator buddy.
>>
>>330983064
U2 multi (prepatch) was GOAT. I didn't play 3's much, although I felt enemies were sponges.

But yeah, in story and pacing, 2 is better than 3; this one feels rushed as fuck, especially after the boat sequence.
>>
>>330984736
How is it "dudebro" ?

I'm sorry you're too stupid
>>
>>330981950
Color pallet and snow.
Though the sand was quite well rendered and all, it just didn't make the world fell as interesting.
The contrast between all different colors and ambients with the white snow really improved the overrall presentation of the game by adding a great amount of visual variety.
In contrast, the constant presence of sand, heat and adobe architecture made the whole experience more tiresome.
Controls, music and voice acting are still there, but just the "feel' of the game was done much better in 2.

Charlie a best though.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.