[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when Konami allowed a company to use Comic Sans in their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: CdqfARYWIAA1i-N.jpg large.jpg (14 KB, 415x281) Image search: [Google]
CdqfARYWIAA1i-N.jpg large.jpg
14 KB, 415x281
Remember when Konami allowed a company to use Comic Sans in their game?
>>
Hurrr comic sans is soo bad hurr
>>
>>330979862
Why a ranch in a small resort town from the 90's (the ranch itself was probably established prior to that) make a sign with comic sans font?
>>
>>330979862
Any and all stock Microsoft font is bad for literally any graphic design work
Period
>>
>haha hey guys lets pretend how outraged comic sans makes us lol we're such geeks xD this font is worse than stalin lol
>>
>>330980026
they're in like five layers on irony
>>
>>330980026
The game is made using post 90's graphics technology, are you going to shit on it for that as well?
>>
>>330980098
Depends on the situation, you use the best font for the situation, it's impossible to just outright say you can't use stock fonts.

Lets just go to dafont and download the most obscure font possible because lol i'm such a nerd
>>
>>330980349
>dude you can totally edit a professional video in Windows Movie Maker
This is what you sound like
>>
>>330980519
Yes because that's a reasonable comparison
>>
kill yourself, memelord.
>>
>>330980590
The point is that you shouldn't use consumer-grade materials when making something professionally
>>
>>330979763
Why should anyone change the gritty font into fucking comic sans?
>>
>>330980746
So how does using a font of say dafont make any difference, the microsoft fonts have been created professionally.

All font's are consumer grade because they are all made for consumers.....
>>
>>330980915
You make your own font specifically for the game
>>
>>330981030
I'll much rather have the devs care about other stuff than have them lose time making a font because they can't use "consumer-grade" fonts

It's a tiny unimportant detail no one cares about except anyone who is nitpicking for it's own sake
>>
>>330981030
>Make your own font
Are you for real?

>>330981331
Exactly, priorities need to be set, why re invent the wheel.
>>
>>330981331
You could have just said "i have no idea how graphic design works" and left it at that
>>
>>330981331
Additionally, the people working on actually developing the game aren't the same people who work on the presentation
There are different departments
>>
>>330981545
How has he said that exactly?
>>
>>330981545
You reek of a school boy who has made some shitty poster and now thinks he knows everything about every design aspect in the business.
>>
>>330979763
Even Silent Hill is referencing Undertale? When will it stop?
>>
File: dark souls.png (497 KB, 481x504) Image search: [Google]
dark souls.png
497 KB, 481x504
>>330981720
>>330981640
Man, you're right
I mean, this cover is exactly the same thing as the regular one, right?
>>
>>330982106
It's the shit effects you have on the text which make it bad
>>
>>330982106
Dude that's awesome! Which one in the series is this?
>>
>>330982106
Yup
>>
>>330981490
>Are you for real?
Are you implying nobody has ever made up a font for a game before?
>>
>>330982453
My balls itch.
>>
So what the hell happened to Part 2 of that Twin Perfect criticism of the HD Collection? They're incredibly goddamn nitpicky but man is the smackdown great.
Too bad the channel went to shit, especially after Fungo left.
>>
>>330981331
>I'll much rather have the devs care about other stuff than have them lose time making a font because they can't use "consumer-grade" fonts
1) This is a horror game. Presentation is everything. This is the kind of stuff the developers SHOULD have cared about. In this situation, this is the kind of stuff that they're PAID FOR.
2) This is the PORT of a horror game, so changing the sign itself at all was more of a "waste of time" than leaving it as it was.
3) Comic Sans isn't the default font for anything except for Minnesota's Clown University diplomas probably, so it must have been an incredibly misguided deliberate choice or an incredibly stupid mistake that should have been fixed in ONE NANOSECOND.
4) This is considered to be one of the worst ports in existence, so even if changing the sign to Comic Sans somehow saved them time or money they very clearly didn't put it to good use either way.
>>
>>330982564
>So what the hell happened to Part 2 of that Twin Perfect criticism of the HD Collection?
Nothing, it's right there where you left it.
>>
>>330980098
Not really all of them.
Arial is a decent substitute of Helvetica, if you don't want to shill hundreds.
Arial Nova on Windows 10 is even better than classic Arial and a bretty good font.
Segoe is also decent.
>>
>>330979763
Remember when konami allowed games?
>>
>>330979763
More like "Remember wjen Konami never cared for their golden eggs laying gooses, broke the original team, and whored the IPs to random no-name devs in the west?"

I dunno what the fuck happened after 2004, but they went full retard. Kojima was merely their latest victim.
>>
Remember when Konami didn't even bother keeping the source code and expected anything resembling a stellar remaster?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.