[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Welcome back 47. So /tv/ ive been replaying Hitman Contract
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
Welcome back 47.

So /tv/ ive been replaying Hitman Contracts goddamn the game still looks great and the missions are diverse so far.

/47/ niggas, favorite game? favorite mission? favorite weapon?

And the age old question for Ubisoft fans....who would win between Agent 47 and Sam Fisher?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeEMlr_bb0Q&index=7&list=PL9087047C1887C20A

Time to get comfy agent....
>>
>>330970972
comtracts is my favorite game, my favorite mission is either the one in the hotel but specifically because of spaz shotgun in the box or roses, or the st petersburg one in hitman 2 where if you are skiled and quick enough you can kill both targets with a headshot with 1 bullet
>>
>>330971946
Yeah pretty much every hotel mission is a classic one.

The one were the Swat enters your apartment building was inspired from the movie Leon: The Professional.
>>
Blood Money is my favourite. Contracts feels very barren and lifeless, like a proto-Blood Money, and the entire second half of the game is China land. It's a good game but I'm not all that fond of it.

Silent Assassin is my second favourite. The good levels are really good and I think it has the best aesthetic, music, "story" and general style.
>>
>>330972071
>Blood Money is my favourite
when people say this I always assume blood money was the first one they played then went back to play the previous games so they couldn't appreciate it.

2 and contracts are way better than blood money in so many way, the one an only thing blood money has over 2 is the amount of npcs on screen. murder of crows was the first time I ever seen that amount of npc's on screen at one time in any game
>>
>>330972345
>when people say this I always assume blood money was the first one they played then went back to play the previous games so they couldn't appreciate it.
That is often the case, but if that were the case for me I'd be ranking Contracts above Silent Assassin. But I do not.
>>
Absolution was my favorite. I personally enjoy the linearity and the narrative more, it wasn't the best story but I liked that it made 47 seem more human to protect that little whore and cut diana a break even despite the fact that she fucked him over. The levels felt more like set pieces, but I had a good time with the continuity of them.
>>
>>330972345
murder of crows was mindblowing for its time, I was 16 at the time, it was like Assassin's Creed when it first came out.

>mfw playing the boat mission
>kill everyone in the boat
>drag em to the center
>crash game

Also I loved to invent my own missions, for example kill the most amount of people without people finding you.

Or just creep people around and spy on them, thats how I almost shat I castle, I was investigating the hotel and I saw the fucking ghost in the shower.
>>
File: hitman 2016-03-14 01-59-42-70.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hitman 2016-03-14 01-59-42-70.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
New one is my favorite.
>>
New Hitman has amazing potential. I'm looking forward to the Morocco level. They've spoken about a military coup occurring during the mission and I want to see how dynamic it will actually be.
>>
>>330972513
47 was human enough in Hitman 2.
>>
>>330972513
Hey im a hardcore Hitman fan and I enjoyed Absolution also, the one thing that "fans" dont seem to fucking get is that you can CHOOSE to play the game without guns or even weapons, its hard as shit but you can ghost the levels if you kill everyone with accidents, sure its way more lineal, less ways to kill people but you still have A LOT of ways to completing your missions. At least if wasnt fucking horrid like Splinter Cell Blacklist (another series I love).
>>
>>330972690
>you can CHOOSE to play the game without guns or even weapons
Too bad you can't choose to play the game like it's Hitman and not some kind of Splinter Cell
>>
>>330973102
Bro, you can change disguises, hide corpses, hide in crowds, do accidents, you can do the classic Hitman moves and some CQC takedowns but those are also optional.

I know its not going to be like the classics but shit in this day and age its a blessing they havent shat harder on it.
>>
>>330972690
There's this guy on Youtube who recently completed Absolution full Suit Only, no KOs all evidences. It was fun to watch.

Also, my first Hitman was Blood Money, so... are the timelines intertwined between the games? Because some of the cutscenes don't really make much sense to me (that 'policeman' loading his gun after the Paris mission, Diana asking about 'his wound' in the church...) but I suppose those would make more sense if I played the other games, right?
>>
>>330973625
Bro play Hitman Contracts, it takes place between games, basically you are wounded at the beginning and while you try to get to safety you start to remember old contracts.

Also, nigger full suit??? I gotta see that.
>>
>>330973625
hitman contracts is a mmory 47 is having of his past contracts while he is passing out from getting shot botching up a hit, the first mission is the last mission of the first game. most of the missions in that game are remakes of missions from the first game, they made it because console players never got to play the first game.
I started on 2 on ps2 myself. they are all linear though, idk about the new one, because he has his barcode tatoo which he cut off in absolution so it might be a prequel or a reimagining of the hitman universe
>>
>>330974158
I heard that the new Hitman takes place in 47's first missions when he was a rookie.
>>
>>330974264
Only in tutorial and training. Paris is set after absoluteshit.
But he looks younger than ever.
>>
>>330973865
>>330974158
Thank you. When you guys mentioned the getting shot bit I remembered that I actually rented Contracts for the ps2 back when I was a kid, I remember not knowing what the fuck was going on so I don't think I passed from the second level or so.
But I love Blood Money and I've been playing again because of the new game so I think I'll check it out.
Also here's the playlist for the Absolution full suit thing
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjRn9IUTqS1AH9wwfUmRSXcqioviIPH2g
>>
>>330970972
>/tv/
>>
>>330970972
I like the Hong Kong missions, especially the Sushi ones. I really like the chinese asesthetic. I don't like how all the Contracts missions are edgy and gloomy; there's never any sunlight in the game. My favourite mission in Silent Assassin is Invitation to a Party or Anathema; and in Blood Money its probably A New Life.
>>
How are you supposed to get SA on the last level of Contracts, killing the police chief with the fiberwire, when there's a crowd of civilians right behind him? They fucking rushed the ending, it's awful.
>>
>>330976929
I wire'd the chief and the civilians didn't give a fuck.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.