[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you dislike MOBAs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7
File: 1449036110022.jpg (26 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
1449036110022.jpg
26 KB, 500x284
Why do you dislike MOBAs?
>>
I suck at online interactions, the difficulty curve is too high, I like RTS games too much, etc
>>
>>330969898
Why do Russians like Horo?
>>
1 map cancer garbage

ASSFAGGOTS for a reason.
>>
I don't like being bitched at for playing a game by some kid half my age
>>
>>330969898
I don't. They keep the majority of people I don't like from the games I do like.
>>
I wasn't having fun anymore. I still fuck around on custom games, but I don't bother with matchmaking anymore.
>>330970064
Welcome to online games, you faggot. It has been that way for years.
>>
>>330970219
So that means I should like it?
>>
>>330970326
No, but it isn't a reason to not like ASSFAGGOTS in particular since it applies to practically every online game available.
>>
>>330970064
Literally online video games
>>
They're not real games

/thread
>>
The communities are totally cancerous. Especially as someone who works full time I don't have the ability to dedicate enough of my life to one to find a team I can play with so I'm restricted to mid-level games with idiots who take themselves far too seriously.
>>
>>330970390
>>330970403
Hence why I hardly play online anymore. Too many kids thinking they are going to be eSports heros taking a game far too seriously.
>>
>>330970463
>threading yourself

Hello, reddit
>>
>>330969898
Because I have over 1000 hours in dota and I'm still garbage at it.
>>
>>330969898
this thread is shit post more Horo
>>
>>330969898
Cause I played too many during WC3 heydays and got bored with the genre. Doesn't help much everything being put out is massively simplified for the masses.
>>
i just don't like a game that feels like a MMO, but after every match my level progress / inventory gets wiped. what's the point if there is nothing to gain out of a won match?
>inb4 there are other games that don't reward you with anything.
but at least those games are fun while being competitive and skill based. not about who clicks the smarter thing
>>
not particolar reason, It's not my type of game
I don't hate it, tho
>>
because it's one of those stack as five to have fun or go home
>>
>>330970745
>what's the point if there is nothing to gain out of a won match?
Winning the match
>>
File: 1.jpg (179 KB, 897x647) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
179 KB, 897x647
I think S&W is the only example of a romance done right in all of anime.

That said, what did Holo do with the wolves in the forest?
>>
>>330970745

There's nothing to gain out of any video game and particularly not an MMO. It's all just numbers endlessly getting a bit higher on a screen. At least you get to actually win properly in a MOBA, shitty as they are.
>>
File: jiii.jpg (83 KB, 1912x1076) Image search: [Google]
jiii.jpg
83 KB, 1912x1076
A wallpaper for all of you big guys here on 4chan.

>>330969898
Non-english kids from third world shithole countries. There is not enough time to think about your moves and the situation, as in I don't prefer small-scale realtime. Constant changes that completely upheave the game balance.
>>
File: 00000091283019238.png (904 KB, 700x648) Image search: [Google]
00000091283019238.png
904 KB, 700x648
>2007
>warcraft 3 custom games are in their prime
>have fun playing variety of cool games
>dotas alright i guess
>2010
>hey this game called league of legends is coming out
>its just dota with better graphics
>war3 custom games are dead, only dota bots remain
>starcraft 2 is popular so it evens out i guess
>2013
>starcraft killed itself with jew expansions
>custom games sucked for years and are still horrible
>people still play ASSFAGGOTS
>2016
>people still play ASSFAGGOTS
>rts is dead

fuck this gay earth
>>
>>330970939
Korbo got BLACKED in the forest!
Cucked!
>>
>>330970745
>I need a carrot on a stick to enjoy video games
Have you played a board game before?
Did you play it just to win some stupid bullshit at the end of the game, or did you play it to have fun?
>>
>>330970974
dumb trump poster
>>
>>330970974
blizzard will never make warcraft 4 for the fear of losing jew money from their moba
>>
>>330971075
no but i like progress. i like to see my character get better, or myself get a hang of what i'm doing. i just don't want to fucking start over after every match. that's why mobas are not interesting to me. this is what this thread is about.
>>
>>330971075
and also the LOL / Dota community is so fucking toxic. it's almost as bad as 4chan.
>>
>>330969898
For the same reason I don't like Djent.
They took a few elements of an older much complex genre, than they marketed it as something new although it's just the old stuff with more than half of its elements taken out, than came the new kids who never played the old stuff or they tried it and were turned off by its complexity, couldn't stomach it right away so they just gave up.
And now it's stale which is logical because it has too few elements to make something more out of it and now the same thing will happen to mobas which is happening slowly to djent.
People will start to add elements to it and slowly someone will come up with a new genre, the RTS, or if we are talking about music, progressive rock/metal.
>>
>>330970219
I we would get more GOOD custom game ports from warcraft 3 already. The amount of dota-likes is annoying
>>
File: 1447202735158.png (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1447202735158.png
19 KB, 300x300
I still play old warcraft 3 maps with friends and such but that's it.

Nowdays mobas are cancer for the most part.

Not fun, repetitive, shitty communities, "competitiveness" is a borefest and a joke, i have no respect whatsoever for anything related to people who take these games seriously
>>
>>330969898
Imagine playing an RTS with only 1 unit. That's what playing a MOBA feels like to me.
>>
File: Proge.png (311 KB, 600x215) Image search: [Google]
Proge.png
311 KB, 600x215
>>330971345
>>
>>330971758
What does it say?
>>
>>330969898
All it takes is one person on your team to feed the enemy and it'll become very difficult to contest/fight them, since their damage output is now higher than yours and that's almost entirely the deciding factor in any fight
>>
>>330972062
https://translate.google.com/
>>
>>330972131
That's quite a progressive comic if it said that.
>>
>>330969898
Because they didn't need to exist.
It's a fucking custom map, not a genre.
It never needed to be grnre, DotA was always alive, and Dota2 covers the next ten years.

Why the duck did it have to become a "genre" if everyone is just going to copy DotA with minor changes?

Plus the name is retarded, MOBA. ARTS or Dotalike or even ASSFAGGOTSis better.
>>
>>330972332
Because the same thing is happening in every media type, in every art form, that's the way humanity works now.
>>
Because I hate having to spend 45 fucking minutes in a game. MOBA's are so boring because they're filled with so many bullshit mechanics and overly reliant on meta-research. There isn't any real room for innovation or strategy, because going outside the set meta and item builds garauntees your loss. Plus, they're designed to be so inherently lop-sided. There is virtually no way to make a come back after the 20 minute mark, as the advantage to the other side winds up being way too strong once they lock in their optimal item builds.

Plus, they're just boring. You spend the first 10 minutes creep-denying and last-hitting, then spend another 10 trying to set up ganks, and then depending on how everything goes you either spend the next 20-25 minutes roflstomping your opponent or getting fucked in the teeth with zero hope. The critical time where team fighting begins is so short, and engages happen so quickly, that one mistake made by someone can just royally fuck over your team. It's aggravating, but people like to flock to MOBA's because it creates an artificial sense of "skill," even though most fights boil down to which carry can farm their items first.
>>
the only MOBA done correctly is Bloodline Champions but no one will play it, it's too skill-based for noobs to gain entry.
that's the thing, that's why MOBAs are even a thing, because it's easier for casuals to get into them.
>>
Let me name the ways:

> shit camera, like something from a 90s RTS
> shit graphics, every time
> unresponsive controls, you're not controlling a character, just giving him occasional instructions, it's not engaging
> hardly any moves, autoattack and four abilities you can never use because of the cooldowns/mana
> lane phases
> can never play what character you want because someone else got there first
> stuns/locks, yeah I love not being able to control my own character
> boring xp/level system
> same map every time
> no skill, everything autoaims or has huge aoe
> full of third-world trash who play it because it's free
> dumb incoherent fantasy setting
>>
I spent a year addicted to dota and man, I feel so much better now I've dropped it, it finally took a 11 game losing streak to do it, I just decided not to play a game that makes me so angry at myself for losing.

... Now planetside 2 is my fix
>>
>>330972639
>Bloodline Champions
>skill-based
Its an ASSFAG if ASSFAGS were only teamfights. Don't fucking kid yourself.
>>
Let's be honest about this, if Mobas were any good, why do people only play them if they're free?
>>
>>330969952
All these.

I also just like my vidya to be 30-100 hour experiences with a beginning and end that I can eventually replay if I want to.
>>
>>330973050
Because the ones that are currently free are the best on the market and paying for an inferior product is stupid?
>>
>>330969898

I hate the rich get richer mechanic, I hate that the more my teammate feeds, the harder it is for me to carry (or vice versa).
>>
>>330972526
this.
>>
>>330973147
If people enjoy a genre they would be willing to pay for it. So far, people only bother to play Mobas that are free. If League of Legends charged it would go out of business.
>>
>>330969898
They're terribly design and overglorified mods.
3rd worlders eat it up because they don't know any better.
>>
>>330969898
Uninteresting
mostly skill less
played by the biggest fucking faggots on the planet.
>>
>>330973243
>So far, people only bother to play Mobas that are free
Yea, I just explained why.
>If League of Legends charged it would go out of business.
Initially, yes. It was technically a new IP from some shithead company nobody knew of at the time. If they smacked a price-tag on it now, a lot of people would probably buy a copy.
>>
mobas are almost as shitty as this thread
>>
>>330970939
You are probably baiting but she acted like a dog aka made a fool of herself just to let the other wolf feel superior, a lot of ppl say that she got raped but that not only false as said in the LN but also unlikely since it is explained that the other wolf was a "proud youngster" having holo the wisewolf, who is well known, act like a fool in front of him would do more than enough, not only that but holo could have probably stood her ground in a fight vs them
>>
I haven't played many but I don't like how the game can last a solid half hour past the point where the match is decided. Once a team gets ahead it's so difficult for the other team to catch up.
>>
Can someone explain me why they're called "ASSFAGGOTS" on /v/?
No hate pls
A fitting name I must say
>>
>>330969898
Because I wasted 800 hours of my life playing DotA 2.
>>
>>330974201
Lurk more or check the archive.
>>
>>330974201
Use google, literally first image.
>>
>>330973024
um, no, you get caught in 1v1 situations all the time.
i feel like you don't know what you're talking about and are just disagreeing for the sake of it.
>>
>>330970002
Who knows? they have a russian dub of her maybe that is the reason
>>
File: 16.png (2 MB, 1280x906) Image search: [Google]
16.png
2 MB, 1280x906
>>330969898
MOBAs require far too much commitment for me. I'd rather just play fighting games or shmups and whatnot.
>>
>>330969898
I don't really disilike ASSFAGGOTS so much as I think they're a really weak form of RTS game.
As competitive games though they tend to have large hero pools in conjunction with bad/inexperience designers, which culminates in poorly-balanced games that they just drag around from one equilibrium to another by making random changes.
>>
>>330973151
Ah yes, the compounding stat advantage problem. I forgot about that. That's also why I never liked CounterStrike.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.