[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game beatable without outside help, just you and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: zelda1.jpg (49 KB, 480x448) Image search: [Google]
zelda1.jpg
49 KB, 480x448
Is this game beatable without outside help, just you and the game?
Or does it have some secret bullshit that I've read online?
>>
If you draw out the map yourself, yeah, you can beat the game.
>>
Yeah, but be prepared to spend hours bombing every wall and burning every bush.
>>
>>330940538
I beat 1st quest with just the stuff provided in the box.
I beat 2nd quest with absolutely no help from anywhere.

I was around 8 years old at the time.

About the only necessary "secret" is that buying the bow and the bait are required to beat the game. Everything else in the overworld is optional, outside the dungeons themselves.
>>
>>330940538
The design of the sword in the title always bothered me.
>>
>>330942095
Thanks, now I can't unsee it.
>>
>>330940538
Neo/v/ would tell you "yes" but the game is not so cryptic that you can't figure it out with just a little brain power and clever thinking.

For example, you get a clue that goes along like "there's a secret where fairies s don't live." Shortly after, you see a lake with fairies flying around and a lake without. The rest writes itself.
>>
>>330941015
>blue candle shoots one flame per screen

so fucking annoying
>>
>>330941015
This. You made games to sell strategy guides and advertise your nintendo power hotline back then. The first Zelda game you can beat by yourself without anything else (and NOT spending 20 hours collecting bombs to bomb places) is Link to the Past.
>>
>>330942558
Case in point, this fag.
>>
>>330942680
What case?
>>
>>330942680
Maybe you have all the time in the world to not use any sort of help and to waste hours finding essential hidden holes with no clues. I don't. I got shit to do.
>>
>>330942558
>You made games to sell strategy guides and advertise your nintendo power hotline back then.
>Legend of Zelda release date: February 21, 1986
>First issue of Nintendo Power: July 1, 1988
Sure, Anon. That must've been their plan when they were making the game.
>>
>>330942410
>just a little brain power and clever thinking.
and a couple dozen hours for trial and error, especially the second quest
>>
This game was one of the games made to sell nintendo power magazines.

Some cryptic bullshit in it.
>>
File: vegetable man.gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
vegetable man.gif
2 MB, 500x375
>>330943040
>>330943060
>>330943162
t. casual
>>
yes but what this guy said >>330941015, it's cryptic and random especially if you want to 100% with every heart container
>>
>>330943274
what the fuck, that's not the gif I posted

fucking jap moot
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.