[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
YOur opinion on Metal Gear 1?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: metal.png (852 KB, 4352x3840) Image search: [Google]
metal.png
852 KB, 4352x3840
YOur opinion on Metal Gear 1?
>>
>>330918683
Didn't like it.
>>
I enjoyed it. It wasn't great by any means it all but it lied out the the foundation for the rest of the series.
Metal Gear 2 improved nearly everything this game did anyways.
>>
Pretty bad. I'd argue it's nearly impossible without a guide
>>
second one blows it out of the water.
>>
File: 959123.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
959123.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
>>330918683
I thought it was really great for what it was. The wall punching part to find the secret door was kind of bullshit though
>>
It's okay.

Had some cool music despite having so few tracks.
>>
Great OST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7hlTcWEd8E
>>
>>330918683
Kind of boring. 2 was so much better.
>>
>SNAKE you have to backtrack to get this item!
>>
>>330919159
Why is gilvasunner so popular all of sudden?
>>
>>330919159
That and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEtN4GizqEs are the best things about the game.
>>
modern remake when
>>
>>330919415
the same reason people found rickrolls funny
>>
>>330919647
soon
at a pachinko parlor near you!

>>330919159
these lyrics are so true to the spirit of Metal Gear
>>
>>330919529
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bguw5wol5ro
>>
Dated, but alright.

Ghost Babel is better.
>>
>>330918860
laid*
>>
File: 1373269296992.gif (2 KB, 160x144) Image search: [Google]
1373269296992.gif
2 KB, 160x144
>>330919883
Ghost Babel was better than both 1 and 2
>>
Couldn't beat it without a guide. There's so much unintuitive stuff in the game I don't know how anyone thought they were good ideas.

I remember I accidentally killed one hostage during a bossfight and then couldn't beat the game because you need max rank to be able to carry enough explosives to beat the metal gear at the end. Luckily I had an earlier save.

Or when it tells you you need a certain piece of equipment but doesn't tell you where it is and it turns out it's behind some random wall that you wouldn't find normally without hitting every wall in the game.
>>
>>330920227
Ghost Babel is fantastic, but it had already had the foundations of the series to learn from for many years.

MG2 could still hold really well on its own for the most part too.
>>
>>330919647
Hopefully never.
>>
The game has its slightly arcane parts. On the whole, though, I think its remarkably successful at what it tries to do given its ambitions and innovations. The enemies have a very narrow field of vision, but the game compensates for this by placing multiple enemies on any given screen to help keep a sense of claustrophobia entact.

It's not as good as several other games in the series, but I still think it's a more satisfying and fun game to play than, say, MGS4 or PW despite its shortcomings.

Metal Gear 2 and Ghost Babel are two of my favorite Metal Gear games period, so I prefer the classic MG gameplay.
>>
>>330920227
Ghost Babel has the most balanced gameplay in the series. I still think I like MG2 more on the whole, though. It's a little more varied. Ghost Babel has much better bosses though, for the most part.
>>
Aged like shit but has some good parts to and you can kinda respect it for what it started.

MG2 was much better though, for obvious reasons.
>>
File: snake codec.gif (115 KB, 140x248) Image search: [Google]
snake codec.gif
115 KB, 140x248
>>330918683
Metal Gear?
>>
>>330920227
Ghost Babel's puzzles fucking suck!
I stopped playing after getting to the cardboard box puzzle. A shame too since I liked the gameplay,soundtrack and bosses.
>>
>>330919808

That boxart is hilarious since Tx-55 isn't even in the NES game.
>>
>>330918683
I enjoyed it and played it a few times through. Metal Gear 2 is 600% better though, it's crazy they're both on the same console desu
>>
>>330922654
It's not that big of a deal. All you have to do is pay attention to where you've been, and there's still actual sneaking throughout to keep it grounded and engaging. It's an unnecessary segment, but I've never found it all that troublesome.
>>
>>330922196
I just think it was the best 2d Metal Gear, not quite on the same tier as the mainline games.

>>330922654
Yeah, 2 was much less annoying when it came to that, but they made up for it with all the invisible instant death pits everywhere
>>
>>330918683
Game that was over-looked for a reason but is now considered a classic by autistic metal gear solid fans.

t. Life.
>>
>>330918683
I actually just played through it for the first time last year leading up to the MGS V release. I have to say I liked it. I had a feeling I'd maybe not like it after having played a little bit of one of the NES games(I didn't know at the time that it was different to the original MSX version), but I found it quite enjoyable. I liked MG2 better, as did a lot of people here it seems. Neither of them are the best in the Meta Gear series, but they are both alright.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.