[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been a few months, so how was it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11
File: main_0.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
main_0.jpg
112 KB, 1280x720
It's been a few months, so how was it?
>>
>>330890924
its fun, its still going well, just buy it already anon.
>>
>>330890924
its shit, its dead, dont buy it anon.
>>
>>330890924
I'm debating this or the division
>>
File: 140810298512.jpg (66 KB, 1363x569) Image search: [Google]
140810298512.jpg
66 KB, 1363x569
They said it was shit. They said it was going to be dead in a few days and everyone would leave. They were wrong.
>>
>>330891434
I'd get siege tbqh famalam
>>
>>330891434
Definitely Siege
>>
>>330891569
...it stuck around a whole week!
>>
>>330890924
>was
I'm glad you used the correct tense, it's fucking dead.

I got a copy for free with my GPU, gave it to a friend that was dying to get it since I don't trust Uplay.
It does pretty quickly and we were back to playing normal games not a week after.
>>
>>330891101
I'ts not dead. I always get matches you dork
>>
>>330891434
Get Rainbow Six, Division is shit. Or wait for the Wildlands, maybe it will be a good mix of Siege's tacticool and Division's 3rd person, but knowing ubishit it will be downgraded to hell and back. Whatever you do, don't get this stinking piece of shit Division is. Siege is the only good game they made in ages.
>>
>>330891650
>>330891665
Yeah I'm leaning that way
>>
it's really fun, bad netcode though but I love it
>>
>>330891434
The Division is shit. I got 10 hours in it. Have no need to keep playing. Siege is a pretty nice competitive shooter.
>>
>>330892009
ok cheers man. most probably go with siege
>>
How easy or hard would it be to get into Siege at this point?
>>
It's...boring now. I loved it the first couple of weeks, but now I got everything one can want/need without DLC. It just feels pointless to play since I no longer have anything to literally do.
>>
It's good just not 60$ good.

15-20$ would be good though.
>>
>>330892425
A bit in the middle
>>
>>330892429
Play it for fun. Not every game needs constant unlocks and other bullshit
>>
>>330892429
(You)
>>
>>330892425
It does have a learning curve, but once you figure it all out the game shines
>>
Play almost every day

It's incredible, but after 130 hours in it's getting a bit stale since Ubishit doesn't update
>>
>>330892429
>I need constant unlocks to continue playing a game
>>
I would recommend siege, Ive got both. I've put in 204 hours into siege with friends and its still fun. I don't currently see me putting anywhere near that amount of time into division.
>>
It's so good I can't believe ubisoft did it

It's very well designed from a gameplay point. And fairly balanced. Even with Tachanka bitching about how underpowered he is, it's not useless and can pull off some hat tricks if you know the area you're in
>>
>>330893286
This. One of Ubisofts best game in years. Hard to believe they made it. After playing siege I had hopes for the Division. Then I played it, and I was thinking they are back to the same old Ubisoft shit.
>>
>>330893761
Siege and The Division had different dev teams
>>
Play the shit out of it every night. Got Division with my friends because we thought they finally did it with Siege, Division is shit at the moment.

We play siege every night, hit plat 3 and just continue to have fun in casual. Have 140+ hours. My only gripes about the game is the really shitty netcode, and maybe they could use more frequent updates.
>>
>>330892425
You'll be at a disadvantage to start off with since you'll need to unlock all the operators and attachments, map knowledge is also big deal and you'll have none.

Your team will also get pissed at you if you spawn as a recruit every round even if you have no other operators to pick.

Complete all the single player situation missions and watch the tutorial vids before you jump online, this should give you enough renown to unlock 3 or 4 operators and some attachments.

Get Thermite and Thatcher first for attackers and Rook and Bandit for defenders as your first unlocks, these operators are paramount to success and Rook and Thermite are usually picked last by the team in favour of more fun operators since you need them every round and some players get sick of them.
>>
>>330894181
Its bandit really that great? Shock traps seem pretty meh to me.
>>
>>330895331
His gun is good and shock traps are good for stopping thermite.
>>
>>330895331
It's not the shock traps that are good it's the ability to fry the Thermite charge when he places it/activates.
I love doing it, drives the fucker crazy
>>
>>330890924
If I remember correctly every game mode was one life only like COD's search and destroy. Now granted when I played COD search was my favorite mode. But being forced to do that shit in every mode in siege means it will take way longer to learn the maps and that turned me off.

Perhaps I am mistaken about the one life thing but that is what i heard before siege came out.I just wanted another Vegas with better graphics.
>>
I gave up on it. 322 hours, level 107, Gold 3. Had enough of the server problems and netcode. Peeker's advantage is what ruins the game the most and I've never seen it worse in any other game. Last time I played I was headshotted around a corner and had no time to react, but on the killcam the guy runs around the corner and takes a fucking age to line up the shot.
>>
>>330895805
>killcam

You do know that the killcam itself is shit right and isn't indicative of what really happened?

But yes the netcode is total shit.
>>
File: bandit's mighty fist.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bandit's mighty fist.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>330895331
He's very good
>>
File: Sasuga Ubi.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Sasuga Ubi.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>They finally added a report button.
You think something like that would've been in from the get so.
>>
File: UnfitTiredHarpseal.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
UnfitTiredHarpseal.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
Siege is my personal GOTY 2015. Only if matchmaking was a little better.
>>
>>330896975
How did he get there so fast?
>>
>finally make a good game after years of rehashes and downgrades
>it doesnt. fucking. work.
>patches for bug fixes causing worse bugs to happen
Seriously what the fuck, its going to be at least another several months until this shit is legitimately playable.

Fuckfaces would rather focus on DLC operators than making the base game run properly.
>>
>>330890924
fps games without a competitive ranking system aren't fun after 30 hours
>>
File: Hostage.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Hostage.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>330897358
Planning phase is like 45 seconds. It looks like he got lucky with the spawn point.
>>
>>330893863
I know, but they both are under Ubisoft who controls every aspect of development
>>
>>330896975
>personal GOTY 2015
same here
>>
I've been playing it a ton on PS4. Definitely not a dead community by any means, but ubisoft seemed to have stopped giving a fuck about siege since the division's release.

Siege is a bag of wasted potential. It's ridiculously fun and the word dynamic isn't just a buzzword like in every other game, it's actually dynamic.

I would get it, it's worth playing for a nice change of pace from CSGO and other tacticool shooters.

It is just very plagued by unnecessary bugs
>>
>>330897358
Exploit when the game was released. Defenders were able to leave the buildings during the preparation phase.
>>
File: Nitro Cell.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Nitro Cell.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>330890924
It's quite fun. I'm having a blast.
>>
I bought it for PS4, installed it and downloaded the latest patch. The game application would stop working in the menu screen, in the middle of games and while trying to find matches. When I actually managed to play the game it was fun and intense when I wasn't getting insta-killed by players before I even saw them peek around the corner. I returned it because by the time they fix all the bugs most of the player base would have moved on. It already takes 5 minutes to get into a game.
>>
>>330898920

>tactical shooter is dead on a console

Shocking
>>
>>330896593
WINDOW STUCK
>>
>>330891671

Except people still play it you shill.
>>
File: DRONE STUCK.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DRONE STUCK.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>330899368
>>
>>330890924
hands down the best fps in a a while
>>
I wish it had released when I was out of school.
It's fantastic, but I barely have time to play (let alone shitpost on 4chan).
>>
File: Fuck your shield.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Fuck your shield.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Nitro Cells are a lot of fun.
>>
File: IQ.jpg (22 KB, 320x569) Image search: [Google]
IQ.jpg
22 KB, 320x569
Best operator cumming through.
>best guns
>low armor
>cutest :3
>>
>>330902061

>best guns
>low armors
>cutest

I can tell without clicking it that its Ash. Obviously.
>>
>>330902061
Fuck people who play IQ. Worst operator in the game, down there with Tachanka and Castle. At least they have abilities that might come in useful.
>>
>>330902583
She is not that bad though. At higher levels she's really good because of her guns and most people only play low armor characters for the movement speed and being able to walk without making noise.

But I do agree that her abillity is really bad because it doesn't really help the attacking team, I just really like her AUG and the other rifle.
>>
>>330890924
It's good but it's going to have to add some more content/fixes soon or it'll be gone for good.
Was definitely the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game from last year ongoing.
Ubifucks just fucked the pricing up. I'm hoping a steam sale will get the sales coming in so the devs start improving on it.

I still play it but it's frustrating as fuck to get a bullshit death thanks to enemy player models not updating or not landing a hit on a target even though you clearly see blood splatters. I'm waiting for the next operators to come out before I dive in again. Frost and her shotgun also took out some of the fun, I see her as the main threat in most matches now similar to the early alpha/beta shields and their super accurate pistols.
>>
>>330903265
>Ubifucks just fucked the pricing up.

no
Pricing is right should stay at 60$

keeps hackers as low as possible
filters kids and poorfags coming from CS
>>
It's great, most fun i've had in a mp shooter in a long time. Biggest problems are netcode and stability of the game as well as some underpowered operators, the 1 hit headshot is something im on the fence about, it promotes proper crosshair placement and can feel very satisfying however it makes tachankas machine gun pointless and allows blitz to get lucky 1 hit hip fires.
However other than that, once the map layout clicks and you feel more confident it's a great experience to put into motion tactics that initially would have felt suicidal, it's rare to feel this kind of progression in shooters nowadays, most of the time you hop in and start getting kills etc straight away, not here.
>>
File: Whatever works.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Whatever works.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>330904740
I still need to get used to shooting through walls. Even more so the floor/ceiling.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.