[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is your favorite Mario Kart, and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 7
File: mario kart 64.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
mario kart 64.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
Which is your favorite Mario Kart, and why?
>>
>>330852526
Double Dash was amazing for me.
Me and a I friend played it for 8 hours non stop and we just stopped because I had to go home already.
Then I never got to see him again, cause things went out of control.
>>
>>330852982
Seconded. DD had the most universally acceptable roster. Nobody too important is left out.
>>
Mario Kart Wii.
Gamecube controller compatible + custom tracks (in other words, all the legacy stages) and runs well on dolphin.
>>
DS, because I played the absolute shit out of it with my friends and loved every second of it

>dat kart control
>dat online
>all dem karts
>BASED AS FUCK dry bones
>mission mode
>>
>>330853787
I love the 3DS version, but haven't played the DS version. Some people say it's better, would you argue the same?
>>
>>330853985

absolutely
>>
>>330854042
Well the DS wifi is kill so unless you have friends, then you are pretty much fucked.
>>
>>330854163

>not doing LAN/DS download play
>>
DS

Was my first MK and i have good memories of playing it at lunch and even in class in like 8th grade
>>
File: 1449054375725.png (107 KB, 1582x1526) Image search: [Google]
1449054375725.png
107 KB, 1582x1526
8 tbqh
>fantastic tracks
>antigravity is pretty neat
>music is great
>200cc is fucking insane
The only problem is the character roster, like Pink Gold Peach seriously what the fuck
>>
64. the physics and general balance are fucked and it leads to a bunch of hilarity
>>
>>330854275
The roster and the "battle mode".
>>
>>330854462
Lets be real, literally no one ever played battle mode
>>
>>330854462
Though to be fair, it wouldn't be so bad if it was just optional to battle on a racetrack or an arena. But the fact that they took arenas out is pretty unforgivable for me.
>>
>>330854531

mcfucking kill yourself, you shit gargling cuntsicle
>>
>>330854275
Music is shitty, antigravity, flying and being underwater all suck hard. 200cc is nice doe

Double dash is the only correct answer
>perfect roster
>good amount of karts with plenty of variety and stats actually mean something
>best range of items and balanced.
>no OP bullet bill
>there's actually strategy to the game by who you pick and when you use certain item switch to get as many items as possible and get special items
>superb maps

The only faults I see with DD is that going back there really aren't a enough tracks although 8 is just a compilation of all older tracks.
>>
>>330854531
I never played 8's but I played the shit out of 64's with my dad and older brother
>>
File: carlton.gif (495 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
carlton.gif
495 KB, 500x390
>>330854531
>Lets be real, literally no one ever played battle mode
>>
Double Dash.

Best everything. Double Dash was an amazing game, jesus christ.
>>
>>330854275
Oh, and the F-Zero tracks are the best in the entire series imo
>>
>>330853719
I miss the goofiness of Wii. Is the faggy community still active? I'm looking to hop back and get my shit rekt with Koopa and Dry Bones on Bullet Bill and the Quacker Bike.
>>
>>330853985
I wouldn't. 3DS version is extremely generous with its download play, while on the DS version is lackluster.
>>
File: 1434425037978.png (101 KB, 566x516) Image search: [Google]
1434425037978.png
101 KB, 566x516
>>330852526

8, It looks beautiful, it plays great.
>>
>>330852526
>Which is your favorite Mario Kart, and why?

1st one.

There was no blue shell bullshit. It was based more around racing your lines consistently.
>>
>>330852526
MK64 has the best battle mode
DD has the best kart movement, and good co op option
Wii.. best Rosalina voice maybe?
DS is okay
3DS is very good all around
MK8 has the most content and is overall excellent bar for that abomination they call battle mode
>>
>>330854275
If only it had GameCube controller support. I don't know why Nintendo doesn't push that adapter for more than just Smash.
>>
>>330855271
8 with the Pro Controller kicks ass enough.
>>
>>330855134

>DD had the best kart movement

I sincerely hope your joking
>>
File: CalhounJ-570x382.jpg (80 KB, 570x382) Image search: [Google]
CalhounJ-570x382.jpg
80 KB, 570x382
Mario kart 64, because I have the most memories playing that game with friends.

But I also remember playing super mario kart on snes against people over xbvnd.

>tfw no one else on /v/ much less anywhere even remembers the nationwide glitch
>my brother got 1st place in mario kart and got challenged by someone from the top 10 who thought he was a puller, accepted the challenge and was recognized for his skill by his opponent
>making friends playing snes doom over xbvnd

Those were fun times. But all those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
>>
>>330852526
Double Dash, followed by 8.

Only ever played the console versions, though.
>>
To me, MK8 just feels leagues better than all of the other ones.
>>
DS & 8 are the best.

64 is also great

SNES is good too.

Rest are fine?
>>
>>330855339
>having to spend 50 dollarydoos when I already have three gc controllers that work with the wii u

Mamma Mia
>>
>>330854692
>Music is shitty
All Nintendo music sucks, in my opinon. Every game is like generic elevator music. The first time I got excited since Smash Bros Melee when Big Blue released for MK8.
>>
>>330855134
>MK64 has the best battle mode
To me, that just shows how bad Battle Mode is. The 4 blocks was the only good course in that game.

>DD has the best kart movement, and good co op option
Agreed, and I also liked the Character specific items.
>Wii.. best Rosalina voice maybe?
I liked that it had Dry Bones, too.
>MK8 has the most content and is overall excellent bar for that abomination they call battle mode.
Agreed.
>>
File: wttp00p04b_mi_199.jpg (19 KB, 199x267) Image search: [Google]
wttp00p04b_mi_199.jpg
19 KB, 199x267
>>330855682
Should've gotten it through the Best Buy sales, bruh.
>>
>>330855682
I wasn't aware that MK8 allowed the use of GC controllers.
>>
>>330855861
>The 4 blocks was the only good course in that game.
Sky Scrapper tho
>>
>>330855698
This is a fair point. I just don't like the instruments and ridiculous sounds they used in 8
>>
>>330855924
It doesn't, that's why I'm peeved at the Pro price tag. The >implication is that the Wii U already has a GameCube adapter so Nintendo should make it work with Mario Kart 8.
>>
Trackwise 64.
Gameplay-wise DS, but Super Circuit has sentimental value because it was the first one I played and the first GBA game I ever owned, not to mention the only one I still have.

8 is alright, though I will never forgive them for butchering Battle Mode like that. It's borderline unplayable I am so fucking angry. They STILL didn't fix it with DLC either.

Crash Team Racing shits all over all of them
>>
>>330854275
If the roster wasn't complete ass, it'd be my favorite.

>Any Baby character over Diddy, Funky, King Boo, Birdo, ROB, Dry Bones
>Mario and Peach skins over literally anyone in the previous kart titles
>Miis with helmets
how do you fuck up this badly Nintendo
>>
>>330852526

64 because of nostalgia. otherwise, probably the Wii U one because the bloom makes it look good
>>
>>330856054
I picked up a bunch of knockoff Wii-motes and Classic Pro Controllers. $15 for two on ebay. I'll use the tablet, the Missus gets the Pro Controller, and friends get the rest.

>>330855960
That level sucked more than the Doughnut.
>>
>>330856073
>8 is alright, though I will never forgive them for butchering Battle Mode like that.
Pretty much this. 8 is fun and all, but fuck what they did to battle mode. It's like they thought that no one ever played battle mode so why even bother? But battle mode has always been my favorite mode ever since the snes.
>>
>>330856116
How in the fuck did they stick in all 8 koopa kids (who practically nobody uses), but kick out Dry Bones and Bowser Jr?

Not that it matters. Once you unlock the Gold Standard and accompanying parts, Dry Bowser is the best option.
>>
Double-Dash

Because 4 player local multiplayer was the fucking pinnacle of team-based racing games and will never be met again.
>>
Doughnout is great, too
>>
Double Dash is the best one on consoles. Amazing battle mode, two items makes races interesting. If it was less bumpy it would be 10/10

DS is the best handheld game by a mile. Almost flawless for its time.
>>
I'll always like the SNES version even though it's aged like shit.
N64 version will always be one of my favorites even though it doesn't have koopa troopa which is weak.
I haven't played double d in like 10 years and my comp's too much of a piece of shit to properly emulate dolphin games.
Never bothered with anything else because the motherfuck the wii.
>>
I've only played the original. Been meaning to play the others but I'm terrible at racing games so I'm a bit hesitant.
>>
Playing DD as we speak, actually. Definitely my favorite along with Super Circuit. Also, has anyone ever actually played with up to eight people on this game? I bet it's intense but dem broadband adapters are so fuckin' spendy.
>>
Does anybody use the Wii Wheel? I've always been a controller man but the novelty seems fun. Not sure if I want to lose out on the finer control though.
>>
>>330856407
My wife used it on the Wii, because she didn't want to learn the GC controls. She dropped it for the GamePad/Pro Controller on the WiiU, though.
>>
>>330856324
16 player LAN party?
>>
I missed out on double dash. I don't even know why, I guess I was too into socom or whatever was out on the ps2 at the time. What did I miss? Was it really as good as everyone says it is?
>>
>>330856407
I don't have the space for the sensor bar above or below to get it right. Steering always gets fucked up, it's awful.
>>
>>330856407
I used it for MKWii, It was alright despite being a piece of plastic.
>>
>>330856575
Fantastic, been playing for a decade and it still doesn't get old.
>>
>>330856575
It's pretty great. It has the best Rainbow Road to this day, in my opinion. That course is actually hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6tJ6pkVIt4
>>
DS, because snaking notwithstanding it was virtually perfect. Still waiting for another game to implement mission mode.
>>
What does hopping do? Only ever played DD which doesn't have that feature.
>>
>>330856575

I think it's good but overrated. The dual racer gimmick was pretty interesting and is probably the closest the series has gotten to allowing the player to employ a degree of strategy in their approach, but to me the game felt like a MK64 reskin with heavier physics otherwise. I think it's worth playing for sure but I think of it as a underdog entry more than a standout one.
>>
File: Extreme-G_3_cover.jpg (22 KB, 256x326) Image search: [Google]
Extreme-G_3_cover.jpg
22 KB, 256x326
>>330856932
Off topic, but this game was underrated if someone is looking for a real challenge on their old GC.
>>
>>330856923
I don't know about other games but E-sliding in 64 while wiggling the joystick gives you a tiny speed boost.
>>
>>330856923
It allows you to get out of grass/mud quicker, and, in MK8, at 200cc, you can even hop over some grassy/muddy areas. Excitebike arena is one such example.
>>
>>330856923

It lets you hop. But seriously, it's mostly how one enters into a drift, though I suppose with god-like timing you might be able to hop over a banana or something. The mechanic in and of itself isn't super useful.

>>330857054

DD and DS also incorporated and refined this drifting mechanic, though in the case of DS it unfortunately breaks the game.
>>
I'd kill for ROB to come back in a new Mario Kart game, he's one of my favorite robots in gaming.
>>
>>330854531
I have no friends: the post
>>
>>330854692
>not enough tracks
There was like 16 in total, that wasn't enough for you?
Double dash was the best Mario kart
>>
>>330860408
Yea that wasn't enough for me, I pretty much knew every inch of every track. DD was the best kart that was my statement. I was only acknowledging something it lacked
>>
>>330856073

No Kart racer will ever have drifting that good
>>
It would be between Double Dash or 8. I really liked the dual racer concept in DD and I would like for them to bring it back in some manner, though not in a way where it is completely overarching.

Mario Kart 9/NX needs to work on game modes (battle mode) and roster choices where everybody that was once playable in a MK game is playable. This means no more cuts. Avoid clone repeats and keep any non-Mario character down to a small minority and it will be golden.
>>
Diddy and koopa troopa master race here, bullet bill kart for max fast. Both get their special when pretty far ahead and big banana is great defense, triple shell for offense. Come at me.
>>
>>330861870
Baby luigi and koopa troopa, barrel train kart. Chain chomp for when I'm anywhere but 1st place, koopa for those damn shells. Barrel train offers perfect balance of speed weight and acceleration. I can't be beat
>>
>>330862163
You are literally my best friend, he picks those two as well, although he like the paratroopa with the red shell kart. But I swear, that chain comp is so scary when it comes up behind me.
>>
>>330862964
Ah I meant paratroopa actually! Your friend is a smart man. I can't do the shell cart, too lofty for me.
>>
Don't understand how anyone can like 8 with those broken fuckin red shells. There's literally no escape, at least other games allowed you to drift your way out of them. Not to mention they'll just hover below and wait for you to land when you go off a jump. The game is fucked
>>
>>330863432
This... Red shells didn't bother me in DD, but I can't seem to escape them in 8, probably because it'd be unfair? But the red shells waiting for you is dumb tho tbqph
>>
Double Dash, best gimmick.
>>
>>330852526
Double Dash because fuck you that's why.
>>
>>330865471
And yet nobody ever seems to bring this up
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.