[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what was their downfall?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: wii_u_iwata.jpg (240 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
wii_u_iwata.jpg
240 KB, 960x720
So what was their downfall?
>>
>>330851498
cancer took too long
>>
hubris
>>
>>330851498
Honestly? Lots of stuff. But mainly the fact it was a quick cash grab after the the success of the Wii. Unfortunately for Nintendo, that ship had already sailed and people were no longer interested.
>>
They called it wii u instead of wii 2
>>
>>330851498
people didn't know what the fuck it was coupled with the usual 3rd parties being a bunch of lazy cunts
>>
>>330851498
wii u sales killed him
>>
not doing appropriate market research, not learning from their mistakes (3DS launch, anyone?), a sense of pride that led them to believe they could not fail (PS3 launch, anyone?)
>>
>>330852737
problem with both the 3ds and PS3 launch was price
>>
Being overconfident.
>>
>>330852737
>not doing appropriate market research

this is the part where /v/ shows it knows jack shit about business

they did the fucking research. being overconfident in the research is how you end up with a tunnel visioned product line.

it's why that same research is probably guiding the nx to be another sack of shit waiting to hit the market for an inflated price and something all of you vocal minorities will hate, but still turn a profit.
>>
File: playstation-boot-screen.jpg (23 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
playstation-boot-screen.jpg
23 KB, 1280x720
>>330851498
Playstation
>>
File: 1452821667217.jpg (44 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
1452821667217.jpg
44 KB, 500x371
Horrible choice of title, lackluster advertising, main exclusives taking forever to release unless it involves their plumber mascot, etc.

Could also add that they discontinued selling the console solo. So unless you're a fan of Mario, get ready to purchase extra cash for a Mario game bundle you don't want or pay extra on amazon for it standalone since those sellers still happen to have a couple left in stock.
>>
>>330851498
why do you guys keep on using the same picture. Do other photos of iwata not exist?
>>
Iwata was running them into the ground.

he would always think 20 years behind the times.
>>
>>330853682
they are all equally cancerous, so there's no difference.
>>
>>330851884
Wii Ultra or Ultra Wii would have been better in my opinion.
>>
They started out by claiming that the WiiU would be comparable to the PS4 and Xbone and get its fair share of multiplatform AAA games.
But people don't buy Nintendo platforms to play AAA multiplatform games. And it didn't get more than a couple anyway.

Stick to a lot of smaller, weirder games, along with the huge Nintendo titles - Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.
They just didn't have much to offer on that front either.
>>
>>330851758
>>330851847
>>330851881
>>330852568
>>330852669
>>330852995
>>330853428
>>330854039
Fuck you Iwata was video game's God. Inventor of Mario, POKEMON, zelda? Go back sonyger
>>
File: 1457756716699.jpg (16 KB, 300x251) Image search: [Google]
1457756716699.jpg
16 KB, 300x251
>>330851498
I feel like Nintendo was successful because anyone could play there consoles and its games brought people together.

>When I was a child, my family and I played Ocarina of time together. It is one of my happiest memories.
>Other kids would come over to my house, just to play smash, Mario Kart etc

My theory is: for a console trying to get the general public to sell; you need to make it playable for each family member so there is a reason for a parent to buy it and a seasoned gamer.

The Wii U was just bad.
>The controller sucked.
>No new Zelda game
>should have been named something not Wii related.
>Families didn't feel compelled to buy it.

i am to lazy to go on with a post no one may read and i am sleepy but you get the idea.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.