[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lotta game projects gotten funding through Kickstarter... What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9
File: kickstarter.png (24 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
kickstarter.png
24 KB, 640x400
Lotta game projects gotten funding through Kickstarter...
What's been the biggest success?
What's been the biggest failure?
>>
I have only backed Star Citizen so far and it's nowhere completed yet. If they drop the ball it's the biggest failure to date.
>>
Biggest success? Shadowrun.
Biggest failure? I don't back games until they only have 2 days left and are guaranteed to make it.
>>
>>330846242
Undertale

Elyssian Shadows
>>
File: 1393938669904.png (316 KB, 683x623) Image search: [Google]
1393938669904.png
316 KB, 683x623
>>330848046
>Scam Citizen
>>
Talking successes aren't much fun, although they happen often enough, despite what some people on /v/ would like to think.

The failures are the real talk. That Ant Simulator where the dude's two friends took all the money and spent it all on booze and strippers, making a punchline into a reality.
Star Citizen seems to be going nowhere, I guess. Despite the time and money put into it.
Not sure if it was Kickstarter, but the Coleco Chameleon may end up being a huge fraud that's about to be blown wide open.
>>
>>330848951
>The Ant Simulator

elaborate, sounds like a great fuckin story
>>
NightCry barely got funded despite having a few fairly big names attached to it. It's technically a success, but not by much.
>>
I think Yooka-Laylee will turn out well, but the Kickstarter was entirely unnecessary and only implemented because people demanded to be able to give them money so make of that what you will.
>>
That one where she was told by the sun god to not release it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1820893788/katalyka/posts/239764
>>
File: drive_starring_ryan_gosling.jpg (74 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
drive_starring_ryan_gosling.jpg
74 KB, 500x373
>>330849026
Alright.

Eric Tereshinski was the dude that started the Ant Sim project and two of his friends also joined in. Eric is also the lead programmer, meaning there really is no game without him.

Eric did carefully read the contract to make sure he didn't get screwed out, but apparently missed the part where his two friends signed themselves on as "consultants." Meaning they have access to the money without having to do any actual work.
Eric had been long-term friends with them for about 11 years and didn't think they'd ever do anything of the sort. Evidently, they did a complete 180 and spent all the money of restaurants, booze and strippers. Like I said before, the punchline of a kickstarter joke became an actual reality.

Eric resigned after finding out all the money was gone and personally refunded everyone back the money from his own pockets, as he actually wants to be able to work in the videogame industry in the future. However, since he resigned, the Ant Sim project was no longer his and can't show any videos of any progress he had done before any of this happened.
As far as I know, the two "consultants" have the project rights to it or something, just without any money and with a quickly tarnished rep.
>>
>>330846242
I think the shadowrun returns games did pretty damn well for themselves

as for failure... I'll need a research budget, and assistants to dig through them all to find the biggest one.
>>
>>330848046
>It's been nearly over 2 years
>For a game trying to be as big as it claims to be

For a game like Star Citizen it's going to take a fucking decade. If you keep spewing shit that's not even fucking true why do you belong on 4chan or even the internet itself? Now, shut your fucking mouth if you don't have actual legit words to back it up?
>>
>>330850085
Back the fuck off???
>>
File: BEAR Robot Overview 3.webm (691 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
BEAR Robot Overview 3.webm
691 KB, 1280x720
>Every game you backed, even the ones that had decent teams behind them has either turned out to be mediocre or shit
>One of the games you backed isn't even out yet and probably won't for years to come

Fuck kickstarter
>>
>>330849026
>>330849812
>>
File: 1401062043471.png (1 MB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1401062043471.png
1 MB, 900x675
>>330850397
>too late to back something you discover
>turns out good anyway
>>
>>330850397
>Backing /v/ Kickstarters
>>
File: 43242.gif (3 MB, 779x434) Image search: [Google]
43242.gif
3 MB, 779x434
Biggest fail? Red ash, to me anyhow.
>>
I just got moon hunters which is pretty much what I expected and a bit janky but good concept

Best thing I've kickstarted is Lords of Xulima. Worst is 60 whole dollars to Unsung Story: Tales of the guardians.

Thing I'm most looking forward to that will def come out is Divinity original sin II. Thing that I am the most confused what I was thinking on is Churbles, I think I was pretty drunk.
>>
>>330851000
How was that a fail? It's being made and you didn't have to shill out for it 3 years in advance. That's Win/Win.
>>
File: tight budget.png (926 KB, 1000x2179) Image search: [Google]
tight budget.png
926 KB, 1000x2179
>>330851000
Speaking of inafune..
>>
File: He's a business man.png (39 KB, 542x313) Image search: [Google]
He's a business man.png
39 KB, 542x313
>>330851000
>>330851160
We were warned.
>>
pillars of eternity turned out pretty good
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.