[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do health potions taste like? pic related, a Red potion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: 02000000.png (379 B, 27x27) Image search: [Google]
02000000.png
379 B, 27x27
What do health potions taste like?
pic related, a Red potion from Maplestory. It's probably the weakest one, only restoring 50 HP
>>
salty and metallic like cum

and blood
>>
>>330838498
metallic cough syrup
>>
>>330838498
What the fucking power elixir would taste like?
Magnesium?

grape juice?
>>
>>330838498
Nasty cough medicine
>>
>red
salty milk of baggy coins
>orange
coiny sacks of baggy milk
>white
sandy milk
>>
>>330838498
Snapple Apple
>>
>>330838498

They likely taste like liquid pepperoni
>>
>>330839125
I always thought it tasted like grape/blueberry juice.
>>
File: Chu_Jelly_Bottles.png (91 KB, 252x207) Image search: [Google]
Chu_Jelly_Bottles.png
91 KB, 252x207
>>330838498
probably medicinal like cough syrup or something similar, in the LoZ games at least they mention potions having a bad smell to them
>>
>>330838559
What the fuck are you eating that makes your cum taste salty and metallic? Mine is salty, sweet, and creamy
>>
>be cleric
>training at wraiths
>going back every 4 hours to buy more mana potions
>make close to no money
>no red whip drops
I was there from 45 'til 72. I couldn't go to Coolies because I didn't kill fast enough and it was slower to grind on a platform than to hold a map to myself at Wraiths. later on some better potions came out in NLC and shit.
>>
>>330839972
>Not maxing MP steal
Shit was cash.
>>
>>330840250
Yeah I did that right after maxing Heal, I ended up maxing Invincible and Bless too but not Holy Arrow. Wraiths just drop shit for money and their drops were the only thing that made it bearable, I'd have lost money training there without those.

I made more money at Teddies on my Spearman which ate up HP and MP
>>
they probably taste like aloe vera
>>
>>330840502
You were better merchanting or selling robes at those levels.
>>
Obviously blood.
>>
Different potions have different tastes depending on their color.
Red = Cherry
Yellow = Lemon
Purple = Grape
The weak ones taste like water with a bit of extra flavor, medium tastes like Gatorade, and the strongest potions are unbearably sweet.
>>
>>330842756
So what would a rotten potion would look like?
>>
>>330845034
Incredibly bitter, and it would be chunky. Thankfully, potions keep for a long time.
>>
>>330845034
>>330846387
Oops, read that wrong. It would look the same as a regular potion, but with visible chunks.
>>
>>330838498
Thick and sweet.
>>
http://shop.harcoslabs.com/health-energy-potion-6-pack/

Order some and tell us
>>
>>330842756
>strongest potions are unbearably sweet
Damn, I hate sweet things
Maybe I should restore my health by consuming food.
>>
It depends on what the potion is made out of. If it's like fruits and vegetables it wouldn't be that bad. If it's like dolphin penis, sulfur, and whatever the fuck it's obviously going to taste like shit.
>>
they're thick like milk
elixirs are syrupy
>>
>>330839961
Why are you eating your own cum?
>>
>>330846945
Why are you not? You're losing precious nutrients every time you don't.
>>
>>330839668

>chu jelly

I cannot think about gulping the remains of a gelatinous goofy faced monster. The thought of having an upset stomach and rushing to the bathroom just to look in the bowl and see that now brown goofy face staring back at you makes me uncomfortable.
>>
>Health: Bitter and medicinal, sugar may be added to help it go down easier
>Mana: Refreshing and cool, to calm the mind
>Stamina: Horrifically sweet and tangy, to give you that extra boost of energy
>Strength Boost: Milky, tastes like bananas and oatmeal
>Magic Boost: A warm herbal drink
>>
File: U1795.png (175 KB, 399x431) Image search: [Google]
U1795.png
175 KB, 399x431
>tfw born with no sense of smell or tastebuds

I'm not missing out on much am I?
>>
>>330847243
>This anon will never taste chocolate

Let us pray for him.
>>
>>330838498
draenei futa cum hopefully.
>>
>>330838498
weak potions would probably taste like watered down medicine without too much taste due to many people using it.
mid potions would taste the most like medicine because nobody uses them that much so its unprofitable to try and change the taste
Strong potions would taste stronger, but easy to get used to. Specific tastes im not sure
>>
File: 4lwjCtf.gif (2 MB, 416x320) Image search: [Google]
4lwjCtf.gif
2 MB, 416x320
Heres a question

Lets say a game has "standard" potions for health and/or mana ala Red/Orange/White potion for health and Blue/Green/Black for Mana

Throughout the game it is balanced so that you would be carrying and using a few hundred of those every so often (common for MMORPGs)

How does the character not get something along the lines of diminishing returns or gain a sickness since the taste would eventually become tiring for them? Even your favorite food would become disgusting to eat after the 300th time in that sitting
>>
>>330847757
Terraria has a potion sickness mechanic.
Health Potions (any) can only be used once every 60 seconds, 45 with a certain accessory. Mana Potions can be used when you want, but you get a Debuff that reduces Magic Damage by a good amount if you use them too quickly.

If you have a certain accessory equipped, you automatically use mana potions. So you keep a stack in your inventory during a boss battle or invasion or event, you automatically use them to keep your MP up but you do less damage.
>>
>>330847071
Okay, I'll eat your cum.

For the nutrients.
>>
>>330838498
CH-CH-CHERRY COLA!
>>
>>330848165
No fuck off, it's my nutrients.
>>
>>330847757
It's alchemy I ain't gotta explain shit
>>
>>330838498
Monster Hunter potions are made from Herbs and Blue Mushrooms, so that'd probably taste like tea, maybe.

Mega Potions are mode from Potions and Honey, so that'd definitely be pretty sweet and probably good.
>>
>>330838498
>What do health potions taste like?
Taste like a combination of it's ingredients?
>>
>>330847757
Mabinogi has a Potion Poisoning mechanic; drinking too many in a short time causes diminishing returns and temporary stat penalties.
>>
>>330849184
And by "temporary" I mean the penalty lasts like two real hours
>>
>>330838498
Weakest taste like Hawaiian Punch.

The stronger they get, the more medicine like they start to taste and start to become disgusting.

I assume.
>>
File: 343434.jpg (131 KB, 1023x1313) Image search: [Google]
343434.jpg
131 KB, 1023x1313
Here, have a guide on the most common potion colors.

Red potions are made out of Goopo Rojo. (Red Goop.) They taste like Dragon Fruit, Strawberries, Watermelon, and Blood.

Green potions are made out of Limo Verde. (Green Slime.) They taste like Kiwi, Lime, Green Apple, and Bile.

Blue potions are made out of Fango Azul. (Blue Slush.) They taste like Blueberries, Raspberries, Grapes, and Grey Matter.

Yellow potions are made out of Lodo Amarillo. (Yellow Sludge.) They taste like Bananas, Mangos, Star Fruit, and Serous Fluid.

Remember this, anons.
>>
>>330838559
You should see a urologist about that...
>>
>>330849551
Obviously this doesn't apply if the game itself has a crafting system.
>>
>>330847243

Cant miss what aint there anon, on the upside you would make a great ER medic or a filth clean up man.

Smell aint that good, humans dont have great noses and bad smells are like 10 times as strong as the good, but its useful for knowing something is wrong, the smell of death, burning, chemicals and rotten food can save your life.

Taste is the cooler smell, more intense and clear, a lot of variation and quite sensitive, think of it like smell is simply hearing noise and taste is music.

Still, a lot of people barely use their noses and mouths, so compared to the average person you dont miss a lot.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.