[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japanese or English?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: xenoblade.jpg (44 KB, 550x331) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade.jpg
44 KB, 550x331
Japanese or English?
>>
Japanese just so I dont have to understand the same 3 lines that are repeated every fight.
>>
>>330834145
English.

Japanese sounds just like a generic anime. English same generic anime but british
>>
File: Reyn Time.jpg (278 KB, 655x655) Image search: [Google]
Reyn Time.jpg
278 KB, 655x655
>>330834145
>not enjoying the British VA
>>
>>330834145
The English dub is a 10/10 but you might get tired of hearing the same things again and again

I played through in both languages and it was great both ways.
>>
>>330834145
>not liking British chodes
WHAT A BUNCH OF JOKAS
>>
I go play an online MMO instead.
>>
>>330834145
Brit is the only way.
>>
The japanese dub for this game was surprisingly average, but I'll take that any day over Monty Python
>>
As someone who usually goes JP, EN, especially if Shulk is in your group, some of his lines in battle are just inarticulate screaming.
>>330834868
>he doesn't understand that offlineMMO is the best genre precisely because it isn't online
I bet you crave the attention and acceptance of your peers, you loser
>>
English.
>>
Since we're on topic. Is Chronicles X any good?
>>
>>330835502
Meh. It's alright if you want to put the time into it.
But don't expect to be driving those mechs that they advertise everywhere for the first 30 hours.
>>
>>330835502
If you enjoy exploration, it's fantastic.
>>
>>330835130
The online, multiplayer aspect of an MMO is the only reason anyone would ever play one. They have horrible, grindy gameplay and are technically unimpressive.
>>
>people still trying to dismiss Xeno-series games as MMOs
Literally kill yourselves, you are too stupid to understand video games.
>>
>>330835502
Do you think Skyrim is a masterpiece? If yes, you'll like X.

If you're not retarded, then no, you won't like it.
>>
>>330837835
Isn't it just Blade with better gameplay and no story?
>>
>>330834805
Xenoblade's english dub is Star Fox 64-tier so it evens out.

LET'S NOT LOSE OUR HEADS THO
>>
>>330837928
You are correct the anon you're replying to is just retarded.

It's extremely light on story save for some pivotal moments and TWEESTS but it does have some decent character moments in the affinity mission.

The fucking gameplay though makes everything worth it, goddamn.
>>
File: A VISION.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
A VISION.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>330834145
english is way better, especially for Riki he sounds like a fucking toddler in the jap dub
>>
>>330837928
The battle system has a lot of nuance to it and you can easily spend a few hundred hours flying around in the mechs once you get them.

I actually have made zero progress in the story since getting the flight module.
>>
>>330837928

"Better" is subjective. On the one hand you get a lot more freedom in your own skill build. On the other hand the classes are way more samey than they were before and your party members may as well not be there at all.
>>
>>330837928
The story is played more straight than past Xeno games but it isn't bad or nonexistent by any stretch of the imagination. The game puts exploration at the forefront but the story is good enough to warrant your attention.
>>
>>330835502
It's one of those games that's technically a better game than it's predecessor, but I can't say I like it more. The exploration is better, the combat is much better, the menu and inventory management system is vastly better, the movement is a lot faster and it's really nice to not have to slowly jog absolutely fucking everywhere, and the systems are deeper but not necessarily too hard to understand. If that's all that's important to you it's an awesome game.

That said, there's a lot that drags it down to being less of a great and memorable game than the original. The music is hit-and-miss and the worst fucking songs in the game are the ones you'll be hearing the most. There are more characters but they're not unique in playstyle anymore thanks to the build-a-character system and a misguided need to take a quantity over quality approach to party members, and outside of Elma and Lin they have practically no plot-relevance (they do have some nice character development in the HtH missions though).

The story itself barely exists and what is there is EXTREMELY poorly paced; It feels like half the game nothing happens and the rest is all stuffed into the second half, and gets wrapped up so quickly I thought "Wait, that was it? That was the whole game?" when I beat Chapter 12. If that's not bad enough, loads of plot threads are dangling by the finale and it ends with sequel bait so painfully bad that it feels like the story itself didn't actually finish. They've also created a cool world but they never actually USE it for anything cool with the exception of a single boss fight. Nothing feels like it has any lasting effects on anything else, and there's no sense of adventure like the first game had (in the plot that is, there's still plenty of adventuring and discovery to be had outside of it).

Keep in mind that I don't think it's a bad game, it really isn't. I just don't think it's as great as the first.
>>
>>330834145
>They got some famous Jap VA to do Metal Face
>Some cheeky brit is way more memorable

Playing Xenoblade or TWEWY on Jap voices is a crime against humanity.
>>
>>330835502
yes, it's a far better game than XC1 but a worse experience, if that makes sense
>>
Might as well use this opportunity to ask: just how many side quests do I have to go through to get enough affinity with world areas to access new skill trees? It feels like there's way too many pointless fetch or kill quests.
>>
File: 1421695926878.gif (1 MB, 320x232) Image search: [Google]
1421695926878.gif
1 MB, 320x232
>>330839775
This anon put it perfectly
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.