[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"This remake is pretty terrible - but it could be worse,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 9
File: ff1 ff2.jpg (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ff1 ff2.jpg
33 KB, 500x500
>"This remake is pretty terrible - but it could be worse, I could be playing the original NES versions. Those have to be a million times worse."
>mfw I find out that the GBA games are almost exact 1:1 remakes of the NES games except for a tiny few modernizations like being able to save anywhere

So does Square actually legitimately think that these games are perfect and that none of the systems/stories needed to be updated? Here's an example of the games bad design:

>Earth Cave with the vampire boss fight
>Have to go through 3 stages of bullshit maze caves and horrible random battles
>Once the vampire is defeated(and I don't mean the Lich guy), you get a ruby and have to leave, which means means going through the same thing 3 times
>Then once you give a ruby to a giant and talk to an old man, you have to go BACK to the vampire caves and go down the same 3 levels just so you can then go into even MORE maze caves

Obnoxious backtracking like this is unforgivable.
>>
Dude, it sucks dick, but that's part of the original game. That's shit you don't remove. That's like removing the backtracking in Metal Gear Solid 1.
>>
>>330833005
Play other game, you are complaining about an old remake of an even more old game.
>>
>>330833005
Hm? Don't you only go there twice? It probably takes like an hour between entering it the first time and beating the Lich. Of all the NES-era RPGs to bitch about, Final Fantasy I is one of the few that are playable without a guide. It was a passable game then, and it's still fine in my eyes. At least it doesn't have that ATB shit.
>>
>>330833333
>>
>>330833005
You have posted this every few days for months. You must really hate this 20+ year old game.
>>
>>330833005
But the remakes of FF2 are a million times better than the NES version
>>
FF I+II DS or the PSP remakes?
>>
Final Fantasy I is still pretty fun, though.

Final Fantasy 8 is what you should be complaining about. What a smelly, steaming diarrhea pile that game is.
>>
>>330833916
the only difference is that FF1 has another superboss and the visuals and soundtracks are higher quality.
>>
>>330833005
>>mfw I find out that the GBA games are almost exact 1:1 remakes of the NES games except for a tiny few modernizations like being able to save anywhere

Not even close in the case of 1, tons of bugs were fixed and they threw out the entire magic uses system in favor of MP, which makes the game even easier than it was before. 3
FF1 was my first video game and favorite of the series, put in probably 500 hours from ages 6-12
>>
>>330834627
Sorry it was your first video game, but it sucks now

That doesn't mean old=bad, because Mother 1 is from the same era and it still holds up
>>
Dawn of Souls was fun.
>>
You forgot the whole "if you have a character attack a monster but it dies before that the character doesn't do anything" thing they got rid of.

Huge improvement.
>>
Why is this a copypasta? I just don't understand.

OP, do you just come up with new "here's my slightly obnoxious but ultimately meaningless opinion" copypastas every few months? It's hard for me to believe that there are really multiple people on /v/ doing this shit.
>>
>>330833005
>>mfw I find out that the GBA games are almost exact 1:1 remakes of the NES games except for a tiny few modernizations like being able to save anywhere

They are not 1:1 remakes of the NES games. The PSone Final Fantasy Origins are.
>>
File: Warmech-ff1-nes.png (789 B, 88x96) Image search: [Google]
Warmech-ff1-nes.png
789 B, 88x96
yo whaddup
>>
FF1 is fine, the game is alright.

FFII is an unforgivable piece of shit that's almost unplayable.
>>
What is the final fantasy game more easier to all?
>>
>>330833792
lolno

they retain the bullshit design of having end game level enemies randomly dispersed around the open world, who you're only capable of doing 1 damage to and one shot you

they retain the complete and utter dogshit leveling system where you repeatedly cast osmose and attack your own party members to try and level up

they retain the absolute madness that is opening a door in a dungeon and coming out in the MIDDLE of the room so you're forced to walk back to the door and get a random encounter.

They retain the disgusting amount of grinding required to use weapons and magic.

But do you know what they don't retain from the NES game? The option to use glitches that circumvent the game's shit design. The NES version is sadly the most playable version BECAUSE it's the buggiest.

That's how bad FFII is, the only good version is the one that's the worst made because that version allows you to skip the gameplay.
>>
>>330836543
Can you repeat the question?
>>
>>330836543
Mystic Quest.
>>
>>330836638
What is the game of the Final Fantasy series easiest of all?

final fantasy game that anyone can overcome without problems
>>
>>330836838
the remakes of FF1 that use MP instead of magic charges are extremely easy,
>>
I quite enjoyed the GBA port of FF1. It's easy but it's fun.
>>
>>330836616
>they retain the complete and utter dogshit leveling system where you repeatedly cast osmose and attack your own party members to try and level up
>They retain the disgusting amount of grinding required to use weapons and magic.

You're one of those idiots that sits around the beginning areas grinding Rank 1 enemies for hours, aren't you?
>>
Why do you keep posting this thread, faggot?
>>
this is slightly changing the subject, but FF is still involved, but:

Does anybody else have trouble playing/catching up on series when they've pretty much dissolved to shit?

Like I've played up to FFVI, and I've been meaning to start a ROM of it, but the fact that the series has fallen from it's GOATness up to like X (though I understand a lot of people like XII) and there's 3 fucking XII games really kills my motivation to catch up on the classics. I know XV could still be good but if it ends up sucking....
>>
>>330836906
then I look for a final fantasy game, where you can climb very very easy leve

and not too difficult bosses
>>
>>330836616
>end game level enemies randomly dispersed around the open world, who you're only capable of doing 1 damage to and one shot you

But I love when RPGs do this. I did a huge sequence break when I played FFII by beating the shit out of the monsters that were supposed to be unbeatable 'roadblocks', after an hour or two of grinding. I took all my money to towns on the other side of the world map, and got sweet equipment and armor and magic and became an unstoppable juggernaut before I even watched Scott die.

Though I don't suppose that says anything good about FFII's game balance.
>>
>>330836616
>Game level enemies randomly dispersed around the open world

They aren't, they just pop up if you go too far south/away from where the plot tells you to go. Also I love FF2 because of how breakable it is, the teleport spell works on almost any boss including the human form of the emperor.
>>
>>330837116
Then FF1 is your cup of tea
>>
>>330836838
2 and 8 are very easy especially if you know what you're doing but 10 is probably the easiest to anyone new to the series or jrpgs in general.
>>
>>330836979
The question you have to ask yourself is if you want to play the games, or if you want to complete the games for you gamer hipster cred. Answer that question for yourself and you'll have your answer.
>>
>>330837196
>too far south
literally 6 tiles away from the starting area are some of the last enemies in the game

I honestly find it unbelievable that FFII was even released or that a team played it and thought "Yeah, this is okay."
>>
File: 1443133754017.jpg (418 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
1443133754017.jpg
418 KB, 1836x3264
you can teleport to the start of the dungeon you retard
>>
>>330837452

i do, it's just when I'm deciding on what to tackle next on my already huge backlog it affects me.
>>
File: no.jpg (76 KB, 500x687) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
76 KB, 500x687
>>330837516
Maybe you shouldnt walk the wrong way, dipshit
>>
>>330836838
FF13 doesn't even give you a real game over at any point. It lets you restart battles whenever you want with no penalty, and it's 99% auto-battle.

FF8 can be beaten without ever leveling up, and you can get 99 Megalixirs and tons of game-breaking items really early on in the game if you know how to abuse GF abilities.

FF1 can be beaten with three fighters mashing the default attack command for the entire game with the occasional heal from a white mage.

FF7 is also really easy to turn into a complete cakewalk, but there's a swinging rope at one point that's kind of difficult to grab onto, so it's a pretty hard game because of that.

I'd say FF8 is the easiest, just because you can become an invincible demigod quicker than any other title.
>>
>>330837516
You die, you learn, and you get better. That's how old games worked.
>>
>>330837628
There shouldn't fucking be a 'wrong way.'

the designers of the game fucked up or rather, didn't fucking care.
>>
>>330837402
a Final Fantasy even easier, please
>>
>>330837712
Maybe you should bother to learn instead of having the game hold your hand on where you need to go
>>
>>330836154
I could never get this bastard to spawn
>>
>>330837701
In a skill based game like Ninja Gaiden or Contra it's about learning enemy patterns and being good at the game. Given you have good enough reflexes and sense you can go through a level your first time without dying.

in a fucking JRPG where you have no way of knowing jack shit, it's retarded. You shouldn't be able to literally game over within 30 seconds because you walked South, it has nothing to do with any sort of skill. You encounter those enemies and they one-shot you, and you can't run away because stat-based run command.
>>
>>330835062
Kys you fucking casual
>>
>>330837712
Would you rather they put lava there?
At least those monsters CAN be overcome, and they give you a sense of satisfying progress once you can kick their shit in.

It also breaks the cliche of "lol why are all the monsters in my hometown level 1".
>>
>>330836979
I've started with dawn of souls and played the series very out of order. Honestly, I don't feel the series was ever great but instead only popular.
They're all decent games and I enjoyed playing them but I think people exaggerate when they say anything post 7 is shit.
>>
>>330837712
What my question here is, what do you have against FF2? Why are you so angry about it? You didn't play it as a child since it didn't leave Japan and you couldn't have been traumatized bit it, and it has a reputation of being a cruel game at times so if you started playing you would have known this going in. I don't understand where you're coming from with all this complaining.
>>
>>330837680
is that I look for a fantasy end, where there do not have strategies

it very easy.

no difficult bosses

where you can climb very easy level

and that anyone can overcome
>>
>>330837936
>He thinks Mother 1 is casual

Nice to see you never played it
>>
>>330838048
FF: All The Bravest
>>
>>330838048
Kind of, more like the third in that sense but certainly the first.
>>
The real problem with FF2 is that heavy armor is complete fucking garbage and anyone that logically thinks "Oh, this has higher defense so it's better" is going to get screwed over by it later on, especially when Undead enemies become more common.

Give everyone light armor and a shield and the game becomes MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS halfway through.
>>
>>330837876
That's how JRPGs were back in the day. You didn't know jack shit, you went out and learned it by exploring. Sometimes you'd die, and it would be painful like in any other game, but you would learn something from it.

Assuming old JRPGs did not take skill is incorrect. They simply take a different kind of skill.
>>
>>330838048
What's your native language? Just curious.
>>
>>330838091
>he thinks mother 1 is not casual
Nice to see you are incredibly casual.
>>
>>330838195
But see, Final Fantasy I has fair good design and not shit design like II.
>>
>>330838164
good

What more RPG videogame series easiest of all?
>>
>>330838231
United Kingdom of England are yours also are?
>>
>>330838316
It is designed differently, but the difference between good and bad design is often simply preference.
>>
>>330838195
I hated having to manually open doors and go up stairs in Dragon Warrior
>>
File: 1427260060216.png (95 KB, 192x279) Image search: [Google]
1427260060216.png
95 KB, 192x279
>Playing the SFC remake of Megami Tensei I
>Get to the huge tower near the end of the game (I'm blanking on the name right now)
>One of the first encounters is against a Ghost Vampire
>"Ha! What a dumb name!"
>He steals an entire level from my character

I always hated old DnD stuff.

Fuck Wizardry too.
>>
>>330838345
On top this is Dragon Quest of four and poketmon for Nintendo system and too including
>>
>>330838231
es que yo busco un final fantasy, donde no haya que tener estrategias

que sea muy fácil.

sin jefes dificiles

donde se pueda subir de nivel muy fácil

y que cualquiera lo pueda superar
>>
>>330838387
Okay.
>>
>>330838195
When people say 'skill' relative to vidya they almost always mean mechanical or reflexive skill.

But yeah, beating those games without a guide definitely took a lot of patience, planning ahead and intel gathering. I still have fun playing shitty old RPGs because of that, even if alot of them are hair-wrenchingly unfair and cryptic.
>>
Except the NES versions are a million times worse due to a fucking stupid magic system that the FF3 port decided to keep for no goddamn reason whatsoever

Seriously, that shit boggles my mind, who thought keeping the "spells per magic level" was a good idea instead of just going to normal MP like FF1 did?
>>
>>330833005

>1:1 remake
>magic/mp is entirely different.

You're retarded. The MP change alone makes the versions drastically different.
>>
>>330838387
if you die in DQ at least you didn't go back to the time you save, which might be sometimes far back

Losing half the gold is much more lenient tbqh
>>
>>330838545
not 2

NES 2 has the cancel command glitch meaning you can build up strength and magic uses so the game is actually playable
>>
>>330838518
What is the easiest game of all pokemon?

and what is the Dragon Quest most easiest of all?
>>
>>330838528
>When people say 'skill' relative to vidya they almost always mean mechanical or reflexive skill.
I am aware, but I don't feel the need to excuse them when they say something incorrect.
>>
>>330838646
Only on the beginning on dragon series is easiest difficult when pokemon game are easy more so than on the hand held Nintendo advance game boy so more on the fourth
>>
File: gau.jpg (165 KB, 603x695) Image search: [Google]
gau.jpg
165 KB, 603x695
>>330837680
Gau breaks FF6. Cat Scratch is a damn near OHKO up until Ifrit at least and in WoR, the Rafflesia Rage inflicts permanent Charm on everything, including bosses.
>>
>He thinks FF1 is what an obnoxious RPG looks like
I wonder if there's a single underage who has, or will ever, beat a Wizardry game?
>>
File: 1338172260860.jpg (72 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
1338172260860.jpg
72 KB, 313x286
>>330838646
DQ II is the easiest
>>
>>330838879
Wizardry lets you win.

You don't beat it.
>>
>>330838646
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are the easiest Pokemon Games.
>>
>>330835062
>it sucks now

fite me
>>
>>330838979
RPG Game Very More Easy please
>>
>>330838979
Don't you lie to me, boy.
I couldn't beat Dragon Warrior II on cartridge until 20 years later.
>>
>>330838992
a game of pokémon even easier please
>>
>>330836154
I think there was a Nintendo Power contest to see who could beat this fucker
>>
>>330838820
>>330838646
>>330838345
>>330839189
>>330838048
>>330839098
Are all those immigrants starting to post on /v/?
>>
File: 1453509240244.jpg (58 KB, 960x774) Image search: [Google]
1453509240244.jpg
58 KB, 960x774
>>330833005
I beat this game when I was like 12. It was literally the first RPG I ever played and I beat Final Fantasy II just by playing through it like I did FF1. I didn't even know I could attack my party members to boost their defense or health or whatever.

Even going back to it now that I'm 20 I still find FF 1 & 2 fun.
>>
>>330838190
>Give my mages 2 shields and no armor
>Essentially invincible

FF2 is the only game I can think of where dual wielding shields can actually break the game.
>>
>>330839389
I am a native of my country, you are an immigrant of mens anus
>>
>>330837186
"Balance" is focused on far too much in games nowadays. Lack of balance in many older titles, mostly in RPGs, gives birth to a lot of memorable unscripted moments. It also helps the world feel a little bit more real because the game doesn't revolve around the players feels they need.
>>
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 209x241
>>330839874
Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>330839874
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>330839874
You killed him and this thread, congratulations faggot.
>vote Trump to stop niggers like this
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.