[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how many hours on average does it take to beat the main story
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: na-cover-art.png (573 KB, 481x504) Image search: [Google]
na-cover-art.png
573 KB, 481x504
how many hours on average does it take to beat the main story for this? also any advice on figuring out/knowing which way to go? made a character 6 months ago and only beat the first boss now im pretty much lost should I start over? DaS thread
>>
It took me like 80+ hours on my first try.
>>
>>330824057
bump
>>
>>330824057
If you've only beaten the first boss feel free to start over to refresh your memory you should be back where you left in about 20 minutes. Graveyard with the skeletons should be left for later, (especially if you haven't played souls games before) follow the aqueduct to reach the first area
>>
>>330825763
This. Take your time. The first playtrough is the best.
>>
>>330824057
reinforced club is life, reinforced club is love.
>>
I just started Demon's Souls. Any tips? Having square for items is screwing me up.
>>
70-90 hours is the norm if you explore everything.
>>
depends on how shit you are
>>
>>330829926
Take your time, save upgrade materials for a weapon you really like, don't worry much about stat optimization since its your first character, but i suggest leveling up both str and dex a little so you can use most weapons you find (each weapon type has a unique moveset so experiment until you find the one you like the most). Always drop every weapon, armour, upgrade material and items you don't use at stockpile thomas so you don't get overburdened.
If you get frustrated take breaks or go explore a different area, the game isn't that hard it just requires a specific patient mindset until you know what you're doing. don't use boss souls (You can use them later for special weapons and magic) until you're sure you don't need them. Good luck
>>
>>330830813
Got it. Thanks a lot anon.
>>
my first playthrough took me 58 hours. I had played Demons Souls though so maybe longer for a total noob. /r/ing the beginner's tips pic
>>
File: Dungeon.jpg (2 MB, 2100x7078) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon.jpg
2 MB, 2100x7078
Depends, you can definitely beat it until the eu release of DS3, even more likely if you're lucky. I got very lucky because I got an end-game item early game, the black knight greatsword. Just remember to upgrade your weapon and get firebombs from the undead merchant to take down mobs who are a nuisance.
>>
first time took me like 65 horus
>>
Dark Souls isn't hard but it asks you to spend a lot of time in SESSIONS so you can learn its mechanics. If you space it out, like I tried to do, you just won't progress because your nerve memory isn't strong enough.

It's a good game but you fuckers overrate it because you invested so much time trying to beat it. It's the Ulysses effect.
>>
>>330824057
Took me 102 hours.
>>
>>330831967

I only realized how important upgrading was when a friend of mine told me.

Also he explained me how it works because the game never tells you that.

It's fairly easy to shit on people but truth is DaS should explain some of its mechanics better.

BB did this better. Upgrading is less an hassle and you realize from the get go how important it is since you get your own upgrading bench.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (39 KB, 684x166) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
39 KB, 684x166
>>330824057
I got das on steam when it was first released on pc and played up to getting the lords vessel three times before my current playthrough, losing my saves for various reasons which is a long story and last month I decided to give it a go again and now I only have sif and four kings and gwyn and the dlc content left.

at some point I'm going to copy and back up my save so I can do some pvp after I beat the game, because I don't want to do ng+ at least not right away with das3 right around the corner.

but this is how long steam says I've been in game, since the very first day it came out. I'd say it's taken me about 80+ hours this playthrough, playing blind after lordsvessel.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.