[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uplink
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 61699_full.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
61699_full.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
>Get busted

>Lose a full-endgame rig with top of the line hacking software.

>Need money to rebuild, but the missions still expect you to have deep blue at your fingertips.

wat do?
>>
>>330821407
The honest answer is: get better at the game.
If you had a full-endgame rig with top everything, I'm not even sure how you managed to fuck up so badly that you got caught. It should be almost impossible to get caught unless you're doing something very very wrong.
>>
>>330821740

well, the motion sensor turned red, so I nuked it.
>>
>Uplink

What's Uplink?
>>
>>330822420

http://store.steampowered.com/app/1510/?
>>
How's Hacknet? As good as Uplink, just modernized?
>>
use incognito mode
>>
this game is pretty good

I don't really like the other games they have though like defcon is kind of boring
>>
>>330822742
Interested in hearing the answer to this, I love Uplink and didn't even know Hacknet existed
>>
>>330823123
Yeah, I have the old Introversion classics and Uplink really is the best. Arguably one of the first big indie success stories.

I don't know about Prison Architect though, it looks pretty cool.
>>
Always start by using interNIC and delete logs after every hack.
Almost impossible to get caught bro.
>>
>>330823580
Another tip is never delete the initial connection log, because when you'll disconnect your IP still shows up.
>>
>>330823580

must have missed one.
now it's all gone, like tears in the rain.
>>
>>330822742
>>330823128
Honestly, no.

I tried it thinking it was a modern uplink but it's almost completely different other than the hacking aesthetic. It's a very scripted game with VERY linear progression, and there is no money to speak of at all.
>>
>>330823736
It's ok bro.
You can get a top tier rig very early in the game.
Just do missions until you get one where you have to check someone's bank account. If you're lucky the person will have quite a lot of money.
So get the log deleter and send the money from the account to your own (or make a new account) and that's it.
>>
>>330822097
The motion sensor wouldn't have gone off if you hadn't fucked up and left a trail.
>>
>>330821407
never buy a rig you can't afford to immediately replace.
>>
>>330822742
>>330823128
It's not really the same type of game, but having played the shit out of Uplink, I'll tell you I liked it anyways. It's more like a UNIX-based puzzle game, honestly. The hacking itself is pretty easy, but the aesthetic is cool and the game puts more of a focus on figuring out what to do.

Like I said, though, it's not that difficult.
>>
>>330824342
or you can just know how the game works and never be at risk for being caught doing anything
>>
>>330822742
Hacknet felt far more linear than Uplink.
>>
wait...my standing is still good, i can get about half a million creds if I demand upfront payment on every mission available.

we can rebuild
>>
>>330825643
Hack the bank bro
>>
>>330825703

>hacking the bank on an alpha with only file copy and file delete
>>
>>330825801
Keep demanding money in advance from contracts and use the funds raised to build a new setup.
>>
>>330825983

>>330825643
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.