[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nostalrius?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 9
File: Nostalrius.jpg (608 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Nostalrius.jpg
608 KB, 1600x1200
Has anyone played on Nostalrius? Some of my old school friends praise it and I think if I download it, it'll be like when people say they're going to the gym. I'll play it for a while, remember it was mostly just nostalgia and then uninstall it.

Was Vanilla really that good or is it mostly nostalgia? The only thing I can see myself missing is the sense of reward you get from an item. That and starting a new character without a million God damn level 1 mounts and people decked out in the same BoA shit.
>>
Vanilla is great, Nost is an OK server, the community is garbage.
>>
>>330796452
>the community is garbage.
I figured that much. It's growing bigger every day so yeah, any community that's large is probably going to be cancerous.
>>
>>330796540
even at the very start it was 90% reddit and /vg/eddit faggots spouting memes
>>
Vanilla was amazing for its time. I can't say if its worth going back to play it now though.

If you've never played vanilla WoW, give it a shot. Just don't expect it to be the masterpiece that everyone says it was.
>>
It's actually pretty fun. I got it as something to do when I'm not playing retail. Now I only play retail on raid nights and play on nost constantly. Community is helpful but also full of meme spouters. I think it's worth trying out. If you want to actually level at a good pace then roll on the pve server. If you want to get corpse camped then roll on pvp
>>
>>330796359
it lags too much
>>
At the start it was cancerous nostalgiafags and reddit sorts.

Now it's Xian, Lian, and Lao.

The former was irritating, but the later is unplayable due to server strain and being unable to communicate with 50% of the population.
>>
>>330796540
I don't know about Nostalrius in particular, but private server for WoW was mostly a nostalgia trip for me.

Avoiding most opinions concerning over convenience ruining WoW, there are some conveniences that are definitely taken for granted. IE: Having to manually dismount or make a macro in order to actually cast a spell when on your mount. It makes you feel like "oh yeaaaaaaaaaaah! lol, don't miss that."

Personally, most of the nostalgia passes and I realize that WoW is only fun because of friends these days to me and that a lack of them leads to an inevitable lack of interest in the private server. With that in mind, you might actually enjoy it more because your friends are actually playing on it, so it may be fun again AND a nostalgia trip.

Either way, good ol' times with friends are hard to pass up imo... even if you do end up uninstalling.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_072015_165836.jpg (334 KB, 1499x934) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_072015_165836.jpg
334 KB, 1499x934
i met my gf on nost
>>
>>330797368
I figured this much as well. Anything that becomes popular is infested with Chinese gold sellers and prison farms to make profit.

>>330797154
I played the hell out of it but I was 15-16? when it came out. I had nothing to do but homework and play Vanilla. I have a lot of nostalgic memories but I just can't see it being as fun as everyone remembers.

Oh well, in any event, it's only 5 gigs.
>>
I love it, and it's great.
When there are less than 8000 people online.
>>
>>330796540
The community isn't any more garbage than it has ever been. There are certainly fewer noobs running around though, as the main demo is nostalgic players
>>
>>330797632
>Riposte

Well that takes me back.
>>
>>330797764
Infested is an understatement. Legitimately 40%+ of the population is Chinese. (~6000 of the 13k on at peak times) [Vanilla server cap is 2500]

PvP is ruined due to account sharing/RMT boosting by the Chinese. The economy is ruined, and it's too late into the progression of the server to find a decent PvE guild.

Draw distance is ruined by the sheer number of people online at any given time - the game is unplayable.
>>
File: nostalrius.jpg (204 KB, 1014x691) Image search: [Google]
nostalrius.jpg
204 KB, 1014x691
Nostalrius is filled with gold farming chinks and RMT, but the admins do nothing about them because they take a split of profit from them (which is highly illegal).
>>
>>330798058
>200g for $66.85
Holy shit what a ripoff
>>
>>330798058
>>330798051
>shills trying to devalue nos
nah Nos is pretty legit actually. It's not nearly as bad as these two are saying.
>>
>>330797632
>Pezado

I think I remember you. You made some post on the nost forums because I kept killing you in Winterspring on my warlock while I was trying to farm the wintersaber mount

are you still god awful?
>>
>>330798260
Nos WAS legit, now it's a shady as fuck server filled with lag and RMT chinks.

The PvE server isn't as bad as the PvP one, but it's still a shit show.
>>
>>330798234
It's absurd. I can make 150g an hour doing mara solo runs.

>>330798260
Fuck off Xiao. You ruined the server.
>>
Its laggy as fuck
Other than that, its fun because its not endcontent driven
>>
>>330798234
>Some people with Stockholm syndrome and nostalgia are so addicted that they'll spend that much money on gold for a game that can't be played anymore legally and is 12 years old

If it's selling, I can't blame them.
>>
>Get to level 60
>Get geared enough to start raiding UBRS and MC
>Get instance locked for the week
>Nothing to do but AFK on my mount in Orgrimmar or wait forever in queue for BGs

it's good for nostalgia but made me realize that endgame in Vanilla WoW is just as stale as endgame in modern WoW.
>>
It's like 90% chinese farmers at this point.

Also, horrible lag and buggy as shit.
>>
File: devilish.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
devilish.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
"Nostalgia" is a lie. Vanilla WoW is legitimately better than retail.
>>
>>330798701
>i'm going to keep saying nos is all chinese players until everyone believes me
We get it. You don't like NOS. Stop samefagging with your "too laggy" and "it's all chinamen" posts.
>>
>>330798837
Hi Chang,

We've deposited $0.81 into your account.

Thanks,
Mathis Bernard
Nostalrius Team
>>
>>330799096
Post proof that Nostalrius is mostly Chinese players. I'll wait.
>>
>>330798807
What is that cooldown timer mod called?
>>
As the other anons have said, it's mainly full of chinamen. I can't talk about the lag since I quit playing the day BWL came out, but even before that all the BGs were just full of afking chinamen and the content that's out isn't really that fun. I might get back into it when AQ comes out since I have a 60 warlock already on the server.
>>
>>330799139
>>
>>330799139
You're right, those god awful players with strange names who don't respond, don't accept party invites and never type anything aren't chinese.
They're bots. That shitty server's population is like 90% bots.
The "chinese players" is just a front.
>>
>>330799139
It's not worth downloading the game and making an account to see 80% of the characters in the starting area are Chinese and the rest are alts.

The server is history. Don't even try to trick English speakers into fueling your shit economy, Ming-Lee.
>>
>>330799178
OmniCC
>>
>>330799264
>other anons
>unique viewer count didn't increase
Still waiting for proof.
>>
>>330799397

yeah, because I already posted here

>>330798339
>>330799264

Why are you defending Nost so much? I'll log on my Alliance warlock and show you I have a 60. Why don't you admit the BGs are just afk Chinese people?
>>
If I still had the client installed I'd just log in to a starting area and screencap. Server is full of farmers now
>>
OP here. Still waiting for the game to download and I Goodle'd Nostalrius Chinese problem. Seeing a lot of posts from January about the Chinese plague and how they've invaded Nostalrius.

I couldn't get away from these dickheads when I played League, please tell me they're not on PvE servers there
>>
>>330799642
Nost pays people to shill on /v/, /vg/, reddit and normalfag forums.
It's nothing new, there's always at least one desperate nost shill in every vanilla wow thread.
>>
>>330798058
And they say people won't pay for retail vanilla servers.
>>
>>330798058
This.

The chinks camp nodes and only care about making a profit from RMT than actually playing the game. It's fucking disgusting.
>>
>>330799829
It could be worse, it could be Brazilians.
>>
>>330799845
Most classic wow threads are just Nost shill threads to begin with.

Usually the only genuine ones are when some retard from the salty crew or some spinoff posts an EPIC chat log as the OP.
>>
surprised nobody has directed you to the nost thread

>>>/vg/135125915
>>
>>330799954
What they meant to say was: Our staff has been gutted and we just could care less because WoW is our unnoticed red headed step child now.

Honestly, how does WoW retail get so little and so few updates? It takes that multi-billion dollar company forever to do anything while Indie games without their resources push out far more content in a perspective time frame.

Hearthstone championships get up to 100,000 viewers while WoW championships get maybe 10-15k.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot.jpg (501 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot.jpg
501 KB, 2048x1152
>>330796359
It's fun. Fun in the same way the original was. There are a few persistent bugs, like newly equipped bags not showing your inventory and every once in a while not being able to get out of combat. The bugs have not hampered my fun at all so far.

There are anywhere between 3 to 5 times as many players as a max pop Blizzard server at any one time, so finding groups is really easy. Questing hasn't been a pain because difficult quests can be tackled by finding any rando in the zone.

The population is not only immense, it is also diverse. There are people from many different countries, most of which speak english. I have not found any consistency in any one nationality being shitheads. It's a real waste of breath to accuse specific people of ruining the server. There are definitely many Chinese on this server. Most login during the day on china time, so if you play in the evening you'll see less of them.
>>
Can I go full world of roguecraft on nost?
>>
>>330800269
sure buddy, just join the other 25%+ of all players that did
>>
>>330796359

I have never played WoW in my life and started playing Nostalrius to have "clean" eyes and see first how it was, so far I'm having quite some fun, it's difficult to describe, the game "feels" right for some reason, it's a bit like final fantasy 14 but more unique, so far I dig it.

shame about the lack of Draenei tho
>>
I would play if the server wasn't so fucking laggy. It's not my connection either, it's because the server is ran by frogs and filled with chinks.
>>
>>330800185
Yeah nost gets so much better off its peak hours, the worst of peaks is Sunday at the overlap of Chinese players and euro raidloggers
>>
Nost is garbage BECAUSE its vanilla, and if you don't play a rogue, or mage you are fucked.
>>
Time for nostalgia feels

>The year is 2005
>My friend and I run a guild with 20+ people in it, no real purpose to the guild
>I want to be the largest guild in the game so I come up with the idea of eating up smaller guilds
>Talk to someone with a guild of 10+ people
>Propose that we merge, he can be an officer and I'll handle all of recruiting
>In true cringe fashion, we meet up in Westfall, talk things over and negotiate terms like guild member benefits
>The deal is final, I've eaten my first guild and moved them all over to my own
>The previous leader and I run people through Deadmines
>One of our guildies is on Vent every day talking about the sandwiches he makes (he sounds like a 40+ year old trucker)
>One day before we were going to meet up and do something for the guild
>He complains about chest pains a few minutes before we were going to start and says he has to go but he was calm and collected
>He never logs in again

He was just a lonely middle aged man with a love for sandwiches and the guild we had. It was kind of sad to log in each day seeing if he'd ever return. We got a point where we were so big, we kept kicking out inactives and all the way through Wotlk, we never kicked his account out and no one ever logged in again. RIP Salami (his nickname).

There's no online game where you can get stories like that anymore. Everyone's just "fuck you, I'm out for myself" because games have been simplified to the point where you don't need anyone's help. Even the Mythic raiding guilds in current WoW are having a hard time finding people who want to raid. There is no community anymore.
>>
>>330800391
Dude mages are worse but rogues are close second. Wsg pugs at 60 at least 60% of all players are mages
>>
>>330798807
>plays an undead mage
>expects me to listen to anything he has to say

I don't think so, Tim.
>>
I'm leveling on the server right now and have been for the past two weeks or so. Unfortunately, yes, the server is predominantly inhabited by the Yellow Scourge who essentially fund the server fees, paying the GMs off and causing nothing bad to happen to them in return.

Otherwise, it's fun and I want to be 60 already so I can raid.
>>
Vanilla was highly unbalanced and overrated. Sure it's better than WoW today, but it's still very flawed and themeparky. The main highlight of vanilla was a sense of wonder and the community, but all that goes to shit on a private server since all the secrets are already discovered and exploited, not to mention that you got to deal with chinese RMT and EU faggots.
>>
>>330800843
This is an exaggeration, all the classes have benefits and a place in raiding and groups (Can't say for PvP because I never cared). The only real disparity is in early leveling. It's really bad for hunters and warriors until level 10, then continually hard for warriors until ??.
>>
>>330800867
RIP Salami
>>
File: kwakwow.jpg (40 KB, 866x190) Image search: [Google]
kwakwow.jpg
40 KB, 866x190
>>330800867
Stories like this are always depressing.

I miss my first raiding guild. I miss the two adults who had kids of their own (too young to actually play) who were like our guild mom and dad. I miss the other young teens who were around my age level, and the bro as fuck older teen/early 20s dude who always had my back. He'd chill in vent and bullshit with us constantly. He quit not too long after the start of BC. Miss that nigga. Miss my first guild and my server community.

RIP in peace, Frostwolf-US.
>>
>>330800867
I literally did this in FFXIV a few months ago, except I didn't have a friend name Salami who died.
>>
>>330800843
Nah, there is place in every raid for warriors, healers, 3 warlocks, 1-2 hunters, enough pallies/shams for buffs, and as many innervate batteries that can fit.
>>
>>330801473
Yeah also almost every class counter can be surmounted with engineering or consumables
>>
>>330801697
I always loved having my own guild. I loved logging in to see a bunch of shitposters just chatting up, no matter the hours that I logged in.

Even during Cata and MoP, I had 1k member guilds and addons that helped me keep it that way. I had another addon to auto kick people with a 2 day inactive rate and at one point had 100-200 people that were always on all the time.

I tried doing the same thing in WoD but it wasn't the same. Even with 1k members, only 10-30 people were ever on, no one would talk and no one wanted to do anything. Most people were just sitting in the Garrison if they weren't doing their daily dungeon and then logging out.
>>
>>330801769
>>330801906
You're forgetting how every single class other than mage and rogue is broken in some fashion, ESPECIALLY shamans and paladins.

You're also forgetting how those engineering/consumable crutches make OP as fuck rogue/mage even MORE OP as fuck.
>>
Can I play Enh Shaman in Vanilla? I don't remember if they were viable or not.
>>
>>330802141
>mage isn't broken
>impact is broken

choose one
>>
>>330802235
Not for raids, no.
>>
>>330802235
Do you have at least $2000 USD to drop on getting Sulfuras?

If yes, then you can play Enhancement and hulksmash people. If no, then don't bother.
>>
>>330802258
Mages have retarded easymode frost.
>>
>>330802141
Doesn't fucking matter when you've got 40 spots in a raid and 99% of raid encounters are piss easy. When everyone on Nost knows how to exploit everything in vanilla there's no need to stack only the most OP of classes all the time.
>>
>>330802481
boo fucking hoo
many are forced to play that because fire isnt an option because impact is broken
>>
File: 1392447524095[1].png (198 KB, 526x503) Image search: [Google]
1392447524095[1].png
198 KB, 526x503
>>330800185
>diversity is a good thing
>>
>vanilla WoW
>WoW period

lamo
>>
>>330802141
In solo world pvp situations you're mostly right, but like I said it's still possible and doable given that most likely if you're encountering one of those two classes somewhere in the world a few of their powerful abilities are on cool down. I don't want to really get into it but mages especially are definitely beatable by a few classes without any engineering tricks, one of those classes is priest
>>
>>330800593
modelswap
>>
>>330802671
I'm busying being salty because I'm a paladin and pallies suck in vanilla, quit pissing on my parade.
>>
Is there a site for Vanilla addons? I don't even remember the name of half the shit we used back then.
>>
>>330798807
>to prove this, he posts vedun

everyone was shit back in vanilla but my god that's terrible anon, please stop
>>
>>330796359
>Hear so much about Vanilla being amazing
>Joined early TBC
>Decide to play Nostalrius
>Its just very very very tedious grinding
>Only plus side was that it actually was decently hard
>Retail is somehow bad because it cut down on all the tedious shit
Vanilla was shit and I don't understand why people try to make it seem like it was super fun.

already resubbed to retail
>>
>>330802881
Well I'm an herbalist rogue with enh and I'm salty at fucking Paladins because all of my OP tricks are useless when they can bubble and loot that all powerful Black Lotus right in my face
>>
Here's what I don't get. If Blizzard disapproves of what they're doing so much and doesn't want them live, why don't they have them shut down? They could send a notice to their hosting company and turn it into a legal war against them which they would easily lose.

Maybe the CEO plays on Nostalrius? I don't get how this server is such a big issue but Blizzard does nothing about it.
>>
>>330796359
Rebirth Wow is a better server
>>
>>330803045
I have absolutely zero sympathy mr sprint/gouge/vanish/stunlock/prep & do all of it again
>>
>>330803078
Don't be silly, no one at Blizzard actually plays WoW.
>>
>>330803078
Nost is being operated outside of US legal jurisdiction. The private server is very much illegal but Blizzard can't sue or do anything unless they get the frog police to comply.
>>
>>330803078
Is it a big issue though? Seems like a waste of profit to me, but the flip side is that it's a containment server for everyone whining to actiblizzard for legacy realms
>>
>>330803040
I am not against simplifying things. Hell, I like a lot of things about current WoW over my nostalgic memories.

What I don't like is over-simplification. It makes things more tedious than grinds do. At least with a hard grind, you've got something to work forward to and you feel accomplished.

Everything about WoD is unrewarding and fucking simplified to the point that it's so overly boring.

Take LFR for example. It's a decent tool for gearing your alts up. I just don't get how people can do it in WoD. There's a near 0% possibility of wiping due to how fucking stupid easy it is and the fights just take forever because everyone is AFK. It's so utterly fucking boring.

I actually found myself having fun while leveling in Blade & Soul which made me realize what I'd been missing for so long after playing modern WoW.
>>
>>330802919
Oh, so vedun is shit? I didn't know. Why is he shit?
>>
>>330802669
simply eric :-)
>>
>>330796359

Heres my tries and getting back into WoW out of loneliness these days

>retail
>like 20 hours played, bought 2 months, still subbed but i dont think i'll log on again

>nostal
>like 60 hours played
>maybe lvl 25 or so
>was pretty fun meeting people and stuff while leveling but the sheer amount of time required to do things I've done several times before a decade ago just stops me in my tracks
>>
>>330803163
I find that with the pop nostalrius has I rarely get that kind of quality time alone with my prey
>>
>>330802235
I raided as an Enh tank on Rebirth, you can basically do whatever you want with enough autism spreadsheets and obscure consumables. Enh dps is easier for sure, but be prepared to work your ass off to barely match shitters playing pure dps classes.
>>
>>330802374
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja1j7xWpB3w
That takes me back
>>
>>330803357
>LFR

Nobody gives a fuck about LFR except casuals. You should be doing mythic if you're interested in content at all.
>>
>>330802919
Vedun is a pretty cool guy desu.
>>
>>330803798
Ah vanilla pvp, a time where you could kill someone the same level as you in 2-3 hits not because of skill but because you grinded more than them.
>>
>>330803853
>Mythic
Yeah, maybe on a main character and an alt or two if you have the time.

With how easy they've made to level up, there's no way anyone who ever leaves their home has time to do Mythic on every single character.
>>
>>330803798
>all those afk players
>all those back peddlers
>>
>>330803134
It's technically better and it's never going away, but it's been a complete ghost town since the original owner fucked everyone and left.
>>
>>330804056
Well, that works for League of Legends. It's the most popular game in the world.

>Two players with the same amount of gold made in the same game
>One depending on the champion can kill the other one in two hits
>Some without skillshots
>>
>>330804056

>as opposed to any other pvp game in the world
>he can kill me in %enterFPShere% only because he spent thousands of hours playing the game!
>>
>>330804056
Yeah vanilla pvp is fast, dirty and janky.
>>
>>330800867
>There's no online game where you can get stories like that anymore. Everyone's just "fuck you, I'm out for myself" because games have been simplified to the point where you don't need anyone's help. Even the Mythic raiding guilds in current WoW are having a hard time finding people who want to raid. There is no community anymore.
You are right about there being a lack of community but for all the wrong reasons.

People already have friends. Nobody buys games to make friends. People buy games with their group of friends, get on skype/ts/vent/discord/whatever, and never talk to anyone outside their group. The reverse is also a problem, guilds already have their inner circle core group of close bud raiders. People who join the guild late will be eternal outsiders.

Simplification barely has anything to do with it. People are smarter/more savvy now. Back in vanilla most people were unaware of the best addons/guides/info websites. People clicked buttons in pvp. Everyone minmaxes in nostalrius because they can google "how 2 minmax in vanilla wow". They only group up when they absolutely have to because you get more exp for soloing, and a guide says a group quest gives the bis leveling pants until level 57. Wordless parties have always existed too. Ive invited people/been invited by people to kill a quest mob we were individually having trouble with even in retail.

Your comment about mythic raid guilds doesnt make sense either. Mythic guilds cant find people because not a lot of high skill players play wod anymore, no more 10 man difficulty, and nobody wants to commit to 16 hour a week raid schedules when you can pug the 1-2 bosses you need for loot and be done in an hour.
>>
>>330796359
kronos is alright. less lag, scripted just as good or better (kronos animals sleep at night just like retail used to) and kronos has a temporary XP event right now where you can level at 7x the speed, so you can get to 60 in 1-2 days.

I have a 60 on nost and kronos bt i have been playing on kronos lately because the lag is too hard to work with on nost for pvp.
>>
I fucking hate questing in ashenvale and stv. Every time i try to complete a quest i get ganked by 5 people
>>
Tbh vanilla PvP is fairly skill-dependent. Of course there's no class balance, but in fights between same classes it really shows.

>tfw saw a mage in blue gear kill a mage in field marshal gear 1v1
>>
What's better, current WoW or Nostalrius? And how do you even afford WoW tokens, is the WoW economy just so incredibly bloated at this point that it's piss easy to get WoW tokens at their price?
>>
>>330803078
if blizz acknowledges their existence it would be a pr problem
>>
>>330804710
Nostalrius is better by a mile
>>
>>330804679
If by skill-dependant you mean it requires no skill and relies on A. how much gear you have and B. how broken your class is, then sure.
>>
>>330804116
The shaman has sulfuras and top end pvp gear, and he uses his mouse for his most simple spells.
And some people have the balls to say people today are more retarded than vanilla players
>>
>>330797350
Did you never go to ironforge in vanilla?
>>
>>330804465
The real reason is because the entire themepark genre has been figured out.
>>
>>330804495
The lag is really the most unacceptable part, hopefully clustering helps the server respond closer to the 100 ms ping I get on ec usa because besides peak hours are actually unplayable garbage.
>>
>>330803357
>i like hard content that can easily gear up alts
>should i do mythic dungeons?
>nah fuck it lfr lmao
>>
>>330804786
It's like you didn't even read his entire post. What a worthless empty comment.
>>
>>330804906
I read it, and saw how bullshit it was.
>>
>>330805018
So are you saying that blue-geared mages can't beat epic geared mages?
>>
>>330805018
Ah another "X person is wrong because I said so and nothing will ever change my opinion because it is mine" post. One of many.
>>
>>330804710
>is the WoW economy just so incredibly bloated at this point that it's piss easy to get WoW tokens at their price?
yes
I make ~800g in pure gold per alt every day by logging in and doing garrison missions. You also get a weekly rare mission that gives items worth 2k-14k. On top of that, daily cooldown crafting mats make 500-1k gold a day depending on prices.

You can also solo cata raids and vendor everything for 4k a raid, but thats too much work for a garrison alt boy such as myself.
>>
>>330805061
No, I'm saying that blue-geared mages can beat epic geared warriors, rogues (cept sub but no one specs sub), paladins and shamans.
>>
>>330805264
Yeah. That's exactly what I meant under "there's no class balance" you're fucking mongoloid. You're not doing anything to disprove my point.
>>
>>330805142
isnt that what you just did though?

and a worse geared person beating a better geared person is more of a statement on how bad/afk the better geared person is than a statement on the true high skill depth of wow
>>
i love how these vanilla private servers are cyclically shilled and praised before they all invariably die out for whatever reason. how many vanilla private servers have come and gone at this point?
>>
>>330803078
I was in a guild on the PVE server with a guy named Zuna and some other dude and both were professional Heroes of the Storm players and they said that they downloaded the Nost client on the practice computers and blizz employees saw it but didn't care.
>>
>>330805264
Rogues and mages have an even matchup with all cooldowns up, mostly depends on how effectively the rogue can open on the Mage
>>
>>330805547
Rebirth and Valk have been around forever, yet no one plays on them.
>>
Reminder that Kronos was superior.
Was.
Until it turned into a funserver.
RIP.
>>
I think the real question is: Was TBC that great? And when will we get a server for it that isn't butts?
>>
If I'm a person who started WoW during TBC and pretty much dropped off during Cata/MoP, is Nostalrius worth playing? Do I need to pay any sort of subscription bullshit? And is it fun?
>>
The server is great, no idea what most people here are talking about when referring to shit community. I actually found the opposite.
Populated as fuck and pinging better than official.
>>
>>330805954
Totally free, might be or might not be worth it but you can determine that for yourself since its free.
>>
>>330805954
Since it's banking at 90% on nostalgia, you'll probably be a little disappointed, but since it's free give it a try
>>
File: 8-Million.jpg (7 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
8-Million.jpg
7 KB, 270x270
>>330805870
>Was TBC that great?

For competitive PvP it was, that's it

>when will we get a server for it that isn't butts?

see image
>>
>>330805870
TBC was hands down the best experience I've had in an MMO. Also Nost is starting testing on a TBC server. A lot of the time the problem with TBC private servers is the 1-60 experience is god awful but if a Nost TBC server comes out there might be hope assuming that corecraft is dead.
>>
>>330796359
If you're going to play on Nostalrius, play on the PvE realm. Half of the PvP realm's population is Chinese. I'm not even exaggerating.
>>
Nost is decent. Wish I could convince friends to try it but they're too busy being cucks with the Divison.
>>
>>330806264
>A lot of the time the problem with TBC private servers is the 1-60 experience is god awful
Really? It's not all the meaningful content being either nonexistent or unable to path properly?
>>
Server's great but I despise the community. Namely, /nosg/.
>>
>>330806538
Can confirm, the PvE server is awesome for the classic WoW experience. The PvP server is also fun, but in an absurd high-intensity clusterfuck kind of way.
>>
is there a PvE server?
>>
So, what's the best Vanilla and BC private server?
>>
Nost is just like any other server, your guild is what matters, there's tons of older players, just stay away from the memeing guilds.
>>
>>330808168
Nostalrius
Excalibur (this is how bad tbc servers are)
>>
>>330808168
Hellgrounds but its filled with filthy polish scum
>>
>>330796540
Remember Barrens chat?
Now it's American meme politics chat.
>>
>>330809612
>Now
It was a year ago as well.
>>
>>330809720
A year ago wasn't retail Vanilla.
>>
>>330796359
not worth the time, the only people playing it are either blinded by nostalgia goggles, or can't afford a sub.
>>
>>330805556
>professional Heroes of the Storm players
they exist?
>>
>>330796359
>I think if I download it, it'll be like when people say they're going to the gym.
wat
>>
>>330796359
great time to play since current patch is BWL which was the sweet spot in vanilla, lots of content but before things started getting fuck-y with AQ

also there's still tons of social/casual players/guilds working on MC and such that'll take newbies, the community isn't like WoD where it's full heroic/ring/achiev or fuck off
>>
>>330804495

if you are an amerilard it's your problem lmao
>>
>>330796359
Server being located in Europe makes it basically unplayable.
>>
File: 1770091_0.jpg (32 KB, 540x309) Image search: [Google]
1770091_0.jpg
32 KB, 540x309
>>330813642
Maybe they could host a server in the land of the free.
>>
>>330807606
Yes.
>>
It's not too late for start playing? How hard find party for low-lvl dungeons or quests?
Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.