[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Street Fighter V, /v/. Is it a fun game? I tried
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
Redpill me on Street Fighter V, /v/. Is it a fun game?

I tried to get into Street Fighter IV but I couldn't out how to input consistently, or do most of the inputs for the characters I chose.
>>
>redpill

nice try sexist fag

>>>/r9k/
>>
It's probably the easiest and most forgiving version of the game since you can win matches by alternating jabs and parrying as Ryu.
>>
>>330791589
Will the "go back to x or y" meme ever end?
Literally the bottom of the barrel on this board right now.
>>
>redpill me
Kill yourself.
>>
>>330791518
I just bought it and it seems pretty fun
the wait times to play anyone are stupid long though
>>
File: 133750140238.jpg (161 KB, 460x283) Image search: [Google]
133750140238.jpg
161 KB, 460x283
I'm in the same boat as OP. I suck ass at fighting games but would at least like a reasonable chance at winning rather than getting constantly stomped on by people who have been playing this series since the 1990s.
>>
File: image.png (34 KB, 123x200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
34 KB, 123x200
>neckbeards using a term from a movie made by two trannies
>>
I would consider it more fun than IV.
>>
The game is fun but there's no way you can reach the fun.
I spend 6 minutes waiting in a que to fight than lose twice in 30 seconds to a "rookie" whos played this shit his whole life
>>
>>330792064
>I want a game where I dont have to try and rewards being a mashing scrub

you are everything wrong with modern games
>>
>>330791589
kill yourself thx
>>
everyone turtles like a fag op don't bother
>>
File: RMika.jpg (514 KB, 2160x2160) Image search: [Google]
RMika.jpg
514 KB, 2160x2160
E.Honda is nowhere in sight, and that's terrible.
>>
It takes way too much time between matches and the priority system makes it very unforgiving for people who don't keep their buttons in check, I don't really like SFIV but it's still probably better as an introduction to fighting games, my advice would still be to get fightcade and get you ass destroyed into shape in Super Turbo.
>>
>>330791518
The only thing thats easier with sfv are the button links, quarter circle motions and shoryukens are the same as they were in sfiv.
>>
>>330792064
Every sf game has different mechanics so it doesn't exactly mean old school players will automatically win over newcomers. What does carry over is fundamentals and execution, which you should aim to get down. If you want a chance at playing a game with a new playerbase you should get it. If you're not happy with the lack of singleplayer content then don't.
>>
File: Are_you_okay.png (81 KB, 444x380) Image search: [Google]
Are_you_okay.png
81 KB, 444x380
The only way to get good is to fight people better than you. I know its the road to salt and many loses, but its the only way.

Good luck
>>
>>330791746
So as someone who mains Zangief, would I have a fun time circle-grabbing Ryus?
>>
>>330791518
If you couldn't figure out how to do qcf motions consistently fighting games just might not be for you.
>>
>>330792769
This is the least turtle sf I've played. Fireballs are worthless in this game.
>>
>>330791870
Ssshhh
>>
File: 1422643347795.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1422643347795.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
>>330793081
This. There's always someone better than you. But in the meantime, you'll have to put in a lot of practice.
Getting good at fighting games is a giant time commitment.

Pic very much related to how I feel about street fighter 5, and the lack of Alex so far.
>>
>>330791589
decent bait
>>
>>330792317
Well you have to take into account that the game is new and that people playing are often just starting regardless of their rank. Also just play casual.

You'll see more characters, less defensive play, and you won't get mad about losing LP.
>>
>>330792096
It's from Phillip K Dick originally.

>>330791518
If you had problems with execution before, it won't really change. The buffer window is slightly shorter, making BnBs harder for people completely new. If somebody brings up 1 frame links, it's negligible because if you have basic execution issues, those optimized damage combos aren't what you should be focusing on.
>>
>>330793281
Yeah the fireball is weaker but that usually just makes people turtle harder.

I honestly like the haduken having no damage, it makes it a tool for set ups rather than it's own means to win.
>>
File: GayVegita.jpg (297 KB, 600x766) Image search: [Google]
GayVegita.jpg
297 KB, 600x766
>>330793748
This doesn't matter as the game has no lifeblood, they fucked up in releasing it, and they think they'll recover with TWITCH/FGC marketing down the line after they "finish" the game's modes, but people are gonna be telling eachother it's terrible forever now. This will lead to the same group playing the game that you can't progress against and shut out small spurts of new players getting their shit pushed in and then quitting the game altogether due to it being impenetrable.
>>
>>330792769
Learn to hit compulsive crouch-blockers from above. If they really are just 'turtling like a faggot' that will be easy enough to get around.

I do think it shows that people on ranked care almost exclusively about points, they play the same safe boring match whether they're winning or losing and it can be really frustrating.

However if you're better at offense than they are at hiding they won't stand a chance. It's trade-offs and intelligent rock paper scissors with the block/throw/punch that will really win matches anyway.
>>
>>330793804
People don't use it with Dick in mind, moron.
>>
>>330794012
You've mistaken /v/ for the real world. This is the only place shitting so desperately on it. The casuals you're worrying about will be playing it with real friends in their real houses and also don't care about anti-consumer practices like releasing a AAA game in early access.
>>
>>330794114
You have no idea what the posters are thinking of when they post it pal
>>
>>330794315
There's no single player modes to speak of, I don't think you understand how easy a game it is to drop right now, I've spoken with people who had no idea Street Fighter 5 even came out, and upon actually looking at it they decided they would be better off playing any other SF because it actually has a game and roster in it unlike 5.
>>
>>330794046
From above

What?
Do you mean jump at them you fucking scrub?
>>
File: 1456031923443.jpg (65 KB, 896x960) Image search: [Google]
1456031923443.jpg
65 KB, 896x960
I'm in the same boat as op. I played sfiv. It was okay. I mainly play umvc3 but I got a stick (hori rap) for Xmas that works on 360, xbone and PC. Is it worth getting or should I stick to mahvel?
>>
>>330796390
Both are terrible and SFV is too simple to last any length of time
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.