[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Osu!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: Osulogo.png (292 KB, 945x945) Image search: [Google]
Osulogo.png
292 KB, 945x945
Do many people here play "Osu!"?
I started playing again recently because I really enjoy rhythm games and I heard a lot of people use it to improve their mouse mechanics for ASSFAGGOTS

I'm trying to look for some more tracks that are fun to play but it's hard sifting through all this shit on their website. Most of their search filtering is just plain broken and 99% of the maps are just anime opening themes with squealing japanese shit that all sounds the same and all sounds awful. Is there any place I can go to find good tracks? or are there any good recommendations?

I seem to be looking for difficulty level at or just above 2 stars, I play with a mouse and am not interested in graduating to a touch tablet.
>>
Just search for what you want on the website and if you're picky about the maps then just edit it or make your own.
>>
115k rank here with mouse + keyboard. I still play almost daily and I see myself beating my own records all the time. Guess I'm still improving but only slightly. I don't really have the interest to grind out harder songs anymore. This one was 5,5 stars.

>Most of their search filtering is just plain broken and 99% of the maps are just anime opening themes with squealing japanese shit that all sounds the same and all sounds awful.
The songs are community made. It just so happens most of the player base are weebs. Embrace it or play 1% of the available songs.
>>
File: screenshot014.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
screenshot014.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>330792057
Forgot pic
>>
beatmania IIDX.
>>
>>330792057
aren't there any decent beatpacks with a good variety? all the ones listed on the site are literally just "beatpack #472" which tells me fucking nothing about what's inside of it.
>>
>>330792817
I don't think so. I've searched all my maps from the site and I think it works fine. I also play a lot with my friends who also search for good songs. So when we play it's a chance for us to share our good finds.
>>
>>330790531

i used to be about rank 7,000 in osumania but stopped for a while and now sit around 13,000. game is fun but the community is probably the most autistic one out there besides sonic or undertale.
>>
>>330790531
>use it to improve their mouse mechanics for ASSFAGGOTS
What the fuck people smoke?
>assfaggots
>any mechanical skill needed above lowest denominator
Pick one
>wah weebshit
Abandon game, you won't get any music up to your taste. There are some pure electronic music maps and the ones using beatmania songs as base. That's as far my knowledge goes.
>>
>>330790531
http://osusearch.com/
>>
casual shit lmao
Go play assfaggots
>>
>>330793172
This is what I want, thanks
>>
don't be fucking retarded. if you want to be good at assfaggots, play assfaggots. if you don't like weeaboo music, why the fuck would you play osu
>>
>>330793168
There are some songs from bands of different genres but they are so far and between that it doesn't even feel worth it to search for them.
>>
>>330793405
i dont care for weeb music but like playin the game
>>
Rank ~300 here, just going to let you know that playing osu isn't going to help you get better at anything other than osu.

Also you might as well just learn to like weeb shit now if you are going to keep playing.
>>
>>330793504
What the hell? Isn't OSU made especially to pander to weebs? Are you a girl?
>>
>>330793405
>>330793168
You need the mechanics to make sure you're attacking the right targets in hectic team fights. I honestly think playing the games themselves is a really bad way to practice because the games generally go through three very distinct phases. If you want to work on your team fighting then you have to sit through 10 minutes of laning and 10 minutes of skirmishing before some brief practice with team fighting and then the game is over. When you want to practice a skill you want to set yourself up to work on nothing but that skill for an hour or two so you can get that muscle memory built up.
>>
>>330793892
Nice copypasta, friend. Did you remember to share this deep though about strategy text on facebook?
>>
>>330790531
i have the same issue. given the audience most songs are just the same anime nonsense over and over again. however there are some gems hidden in there and even when the music itself isn't that great the maps themselves can be done very well. a few integrate the background visuals with the gameplay very well (the most popular bad apple map for example).

here are my suggestions:
Miracle - 12 Girls Band - Breeze (simple instrumental with good difficulty range)
Beast and the Harlot - Avenged Sevenfold (another simple 2 star map with popular american music)
JUMPER - Capsule - Mafiamaster (pumping bass without being obnoxious means good anchor for the map, fun with lots of "clicks" without being overwhelming on lower difficulties)
My Shiny Teeth and Me - Chris Kirkpatrick - Katsuri (so corny its great song)
All the Dragonforce Songs
Mastication Numerique - Igorr -grumd
Shuriken - Madeon - Charles445
Bad Apple - Masayoshi Minoshima ft. nomico - Ephemeral
What's up people?! (tv size) - Maximum the Hormone - Envi
Moondance - Nightwish - Kurai_ (this one is pretty hard for a 2 star)
1925 - Nobunaga - Shiirn (chill acoustic song with spot on timings)
Don't Stop me Now - Queen - m980
Sky is Over - Serj Tankian - Sieg
Rock n Roll Nan Desu No - supercell - garvan (one of my favorites, catchy japanese pop rock with tons of energy, lots of easy clicking makes you feel badass)

The Fairy Tale soundtrack is good as well, usually high energy guitar/instrumental tracks.
>>
>>330794092
>song - artist
FUCK
YOU
>>
>>330790531
>used to be ~25k rank
>log in after not playing for months
>125k
Welp there goes my motivation
>>
>>330792057
Everytime I have an intense session (har-har) my mouse slowly slips out of my hand everytime... any technique to prevent this?
>>
>>330792267
>beatmania IIDX
Where can I get a pad for this shit
>>
>>330794171
maybe later 8-)
>>
>>330794281
Called mouse drift, most common problem mouse players have, you just have to learn to fight against it
>>
>>330794281
Change your grip? I use claw and I have no trouble holding it troughtout the whole song. But if you are talking about the fact that your mouse will slowly start to move to one side of your mousepad, then there is nothing that can help. It will happen to all mouse players.
>>
>>330794492
Either find a KOC, buy a Dao, find an arcade with a machine or learn to play on keyboard
>>
>>330794061
I'd be honored if someone used my post as copypasta, but I only wrote this just now.
>>
>>330794492
http://www.gamo2.com/en/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=248
>>
>>330794705
Well I hope you know your opinion is wrong and you need to play more dota.
>>
>>330794827
Why isnt this shit loading. the site just hangs
>>
>>330794840
>playing MOBA games
>having skill
Try other genres.
>>
>>330794827
>implying you need a RED unless you play doubles
http://www.gamo2.com/en/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=244
>>
>Playing anything but Mania
Standard a shit.
>>
>>330794281
I started using highest DPI on my mouse to prevent it and started learning how to play with it.
I think I might buy tablet.
>>
>>330794840
don't like dota
>>
File: 1387332640438.png (672 KB, 571x551) Image search: [Google]
1387332640438.png
672 KB, 571x551
>>330790531
This is probably the most autistic game I have played and I've played only for 3 years
I wish I had a tablet but my onii chan left so now I don't have one and I'm too anxious to buy one so I'm stuck on 4 stars
>>
File: chrome_2016-03-14_20-43-20.png (3 KB, 266x29) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-03-14_20-43-20.png
3 KB, 266x29
it's fun
>>
>>330795758
Mania is for shitters though.
>>
i don't play it, but i did find out that somebody mapped a song i made and that it was used in that 2014 tournament (world cup finals?)

>shameless peen stroke
>>
>>330796839
What song?
>>
>>330796923

supernova
>>
>>330790531
>plays osu
>doesn't like anime
what the fuck
>>
>>330797481
I do like anime
I don't like constant OPs that all sound the same and are from moe shit that I don't want to watch.
>>
so, anons, why don't you play easy mod?
>>
just go into multiplayer and play for like an hour
you'll probably find songs you enjoy eventually
if that fails just click on people with a similar rank profiles and look at their top performance songs, people don't normally grind shit they don't find fun
>>
>>330794092
I'll try these out tonight.
>>
>>330797821
can't read AR6
>>
>>330799434
maybe you should just get good
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.