[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oneechanbara
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: Onechanbara Z2 Chaos.jpg (651 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Onechanbara Z2 Chaos.jpg
651 KB, 1920x1080
Who else has played this series? I remember trying some of the earlier entries and being unimpressed, but ZII actually feels like a fun game.
>>
Also, I find it curious that the titles are primarily released in Japan and Europe. The US only has 3 of the games.
>>
I platinum'd ZII Chaos. Pretty decent game overall especially once you get a grip on the insane combo system.
>>
>>330786526
Onechanbara Z truly shows the series has come a long since it was just a Simple Series title, but wouldn't say it is quite there yet, if a next game happens and it packs the same level of evolution Z and ZII had towards its predescessors then yes, the series will finally become something really great to play as.
>>
Pc when desu
>>
>>330786526
Thinking of getting the PS4 game, though it will be my first one in the franchise.
>>
>>330786526

the latest entry is definitely better than previous entries, but its a game thats more Style over Substance.
>>
>>330787736
I'm still trying to get there myself. I think the main thing holding me back is that I like using Saki and Saaya too much.

>>330787854
I believe the series has indeed made leaps and bounds, and this is only from trying the Wii and PSP entries before.

>>330787997
It was effectively mine too. A few things will be lost on you, but you'll be fine.
>>
File: OZII.jpg (93 KB, 365x500) Image search: [Google]
OZII.jpg
93 KB, 365x500
>>330786526
I wonder why XSeed felt the need to add more clothing to Kagura's top in the Game's cover, thankfuly the game itself is untouched.

Were they trying to scare unaware Social Media Watchdogs away or something?
>>
>>330788229
>A few things will be lost on you, but you'll be fine.
You mean plot? That guy won't miss much, the series always had a forgetful story as whole, and if you mean what happened in ZI, the one that didn't get brought over, ZII gives a rundown of what happened previously right away.
>>
Z2 Chaos was pretty fun. Enough so that I do want to go back for a harder difficulty at some point. Definitely a budget game, so I'd recommend people get it cheaper than what it released at, but it's some good trashy fun.
>>
>>330788063
This might be true, but it's pretty surprising how much substance is actually there.

>>330788250
Never even noticed that. Especially since she's still spread eagle on the disc.

Also are most of the costumes DLC? I cleared the game once and have the risque bikini's but that's about it.
>>
>>330786985
>The US only has 3 of the games.
Never sold much and it is a known fact that Nintendo of Europe and Sony Enterainment of Europe are more chill towards sales expectations than their American counterparts.
>>
>>330788448
That coupled with the fact that Aya was the original protagonist.

>>330788454
I got it for $30 new which I'm perfectly fine with. The imminent Golden Week sale might feature the title as well.

>>330788627
Fair point.
>>
>>330788479
I don't think there's much DLC in ZII compared to ZI, there must be more unlockables than you got.
>>
Actually the first games had better gameplay, while the rest have better visuals. Mind you, the first two games were budget stuff (part of the Simple 2000 series), and they still have like, 5 versions!

About the games being released in Europe but not the USA, remember that quite a lot of stuff from the PS2 era only got to us through Europe. I guess they didn't give a fuck.

Just FYI:
Oneechanbara 1 (original)
Oneechanpuru (added D3 characters)
Zombie Hunters (Europe)

Oneechanbara 2
Oneechanpon (added D3 characters, Dragon Sisters)
Zombie Hunters 2 (Europe)
>>
>>330786526
>Onechanbara Z2: Chaos
>$30
Still waiting sales
>>
>>330788704
>That coupled with the fact that Aya was the original protagonist.
I kinda included this on the fact the series doesn't have much of a ovearching plot, just wasn't clear enough while posting.

Not much has happened ever since Aya debuted in the PS2 to now, in terms of characterization I mean, unless you mean all the times her design changed.
>>
File: 1434579816770.jpg (14 KB, 220x276) Image search: [Google]
1434579816770.jpg
14 KB, 220x276
>>330788921
>Actually the first games had better gameplay
Either a case of taste or you are trolling, plaing and simple.

Z Kagura and ZII Chaos has evolved the gameplay for the Onechambara series to such a degree that picking up the original PS2 game right now feels like trying to make a grandma do a backflip.

Only the 360 game have somewhat playable gameplay after Z, and it still doesn't compare.
>>
PC version when?
Goddamn it, PC get the wrong games. I love PS4 games but this is screaming for mods
>>
>>330788250

Xseed bigwigs are just as out of touch as every other necktie in the gaming industry, and Tom has nothing to do with the game's packaging.

Hatsuu is in marketing but probably thought it wasn't worth making a stink about

People forget that Xseed's hands off localization approach is mostly thanks to those two, not the company as a whole.
>>
>>330789283
Well, I'll give you that the PS2 games had very few moves, and sometimes it was a chore to do some stuff, but the tight timing and combos were all there from the start.

I remember it took me half a day to kill 150 zombies in one combo in Oneechanpon (part of a challenge), because the game didn't spawn them fast enough.
>>
>>330788250

Something about ESRB and partial nudity on covers of games.
>>
File: 13216519651.jpg (19 KB, 570x574) Image search: [Google]
13216519651.jpg
19 KB, 570x574
>>330788845
I keep unlocking accessories with missions, I guess only story-mode playthroughs yield costumes?

>>330789454
Well, the current games still rewards timely button presses.

So, who's everyone's favorite?

>mfw Saki
>>
>>330789812
I liked Riho.
>>
File: 1418219545143.jpg (200 KB, 720x805) Image search: [Google]
1418219545143.jpg
200 KB, 720x805
- Kagura in Japanese speaks english in some of her one-liners.

- Kagura in english speaks japanese in some of her one-liners.

Ha, crazy touch Xseed gave while localizing it, other characters that spoke english at random in other works are usually localized with speak french at random or something.
>>
>>330789891
She looks oddly like Tina from Dead or Alive.

>>330789987
I think I'll switch to ENG just for the hell of it.

And although the story is largely just there to provide gameplay we never are going to find out exactly who Misha is are we?
>>
>>330787736
>Pretty decent game overall especially once you get a grip on the insane combo system
That is what I'm needing to do. Trash mobs are easy to kill and don't require much though but those boss fights require you to bring your A game.
>>
>>330790217
>we never are going to find out exactly who Misha is are we?
Probably not, not even in a future game.

The story in Onechambara game are always off the wall, they want you to know right away you shouldn't concern yourself much with it.
>>
I was pleasantly surprised by Z2. I was already in for the tits (yeah sue me) but the gameplay is fucking deep. Still haven't platinum'd it though.
>>
>>330790952
>I was already in for the tits (yeah sue me)
It would be weird to first come in contact with the Onechambara series for anything else.
>>
>>330790575
I understand, but still seems at least mildly interesting.

Also while perusing the character animations in the gallery, I swear I came across some throw breaks. I'm not missing something am I?
>>
>>330788250

Some stores won't stock it if the cover is too lewd

Gamestop has that policy, I think
>>
>>330791235
>but still seems at least mildly interesting.
Only for the character interactions in my opinion, which delivers some guilty pleasure humor.
>>
>>330791508
>Only for the character interactions
I'm all about those.
>>
>put the EZ mode cool combos ring on Saki
>YOU'RE JUST A MONSTER-WORTHLESS PISSANT endlessly
The English dub is pretty good for a dub. The actors at least realized it was cheesy D-movie tier and played it well.
>>
File: 1453851292158.jpg (2 MB, 2048x4544) Image search: [Google]
1453851292158.jpg
2 MB, 2048x4544
Is Onechambara the only Simple Series that became an actual series of its own?
>>
>>330792114
Earth Defense Force

>>330791802
I spend all my orbs getting weapons and skills.

The weapons do actually increase attack strength right?
>>
>>330791802
You should check it when the series was called Zombie Zone overseas, and gaze upon the atrocity that was the english voice track.
>>
>>330792229
>The weapons do actually increase attack strength right?
Yes, the combo rig gets longer.
>>
Fun fact: In the first Onechambara Z there's a Mission Control guy that speaks flawless english throughout the game, you can sort of understand what's going on even if you don't know japanese.
>>
>>330792229
I did the same. Kinda wish I got the training ring that increases the orbs you get though since there is a shit load of things to buy.
>>
>>330792795
Aren't all the menus in english as well?
>>
>>330792795
Gotta love when that shit happens.

>>330793028
The main menu. Various items and sub menus are moon.

Speaking of Z, is NoNoNo! fun?
>>
>>330793028
The Main Menu is and some other options, but deeper menus are in Moon.

Anyway, it is easy to navigate, it got recycled for ZII actually.
>>
>>330793219
>Speaking of Z, is NoNoNo! fun?
Sort of if you like long ranged attacks.

I wish her model was straight up ripped from Dream C Club though, she looks very unsetting in the semi-realistic style of the Onechambara series in my opinion.
>>
>>330792795
So which version is the one to get? 360 or PS3?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.