[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Point and shit games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: static1.squarespace.com.jpg (62 KB, 1264x711) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.com.jpg
62 KB, 1264x711
How the fuck can people enjoy these shit games in this shit genre?
They are barely passing by as games.
>>
>>330759753
they are called graphical adventures. people have different tastes.
simple and easy to understand matters, nothing to ask or be confused about
>>
Nice bait, nigger.
>>
>>330760625
nice nostalgia goggles
>>
>>330759753
>Secret special edition
Ew.
>>
>>330759753
>>330760774
Fuck off you underage babby, your opinions are as worthless as you are as a human being.
>>
>>330760774

Nice response, nigger.

People enjoy the games for their creative and colorful worlds. The genre is largely built on insane logic, but that's part of the fun because it challenges you to think outside the box. Does this always work? Not with every game, but things like Monkey Island are far more logical than other adventure titles that will have you doing things with no logical process whatsoever. Finally, they are games as they present a challenge that must be overcome in order to proceed, they don't need game overs because that would just redundant when getting stumped on a puzzle is essentially the same as being stuck on a boss that kicks your ass.

So shut, nigger. And return to you shitty social media sites to bait harder.
>>
>>330760795

It's not all that bad. They could have done more with the animation, but they probably wanted something that could transition back and forth near instantaneously.
>>
>dissing most patrician western genre

nigger weeb detected
>>
Sounds like someone is too dumb for puzzles.
>>
>that feel when Telltale's been fucking up the genre since TWD

It's not "hey, let's make point and click adventures use WASD for controls" bullshit, it's even worse.
>>
well designed adventure games are too rare unfortunately

i think the only well designed sierra game was leisure suit larry 1, and even then you had to savescum on blackjack tables to win
>>
>>330762549
>he doesnt know the first graphical adventure games used arrow keys for movement
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>330762635
Yeah man, I sure want to go back to those days.
>>
File: 1457084195521.jpg (11 KB, 251x239) Image search: [Google]
1457084195521.jpg
11 KB, 251x239
>>330759753
>not being cultured enough to appreciate the intellectual entertainment that are point'n'click games
I bet you also hate books.
>>
>>330759753
Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2 are way funnier than Monkey Island 1 and 2.

You can disagree with that. But then in terms of animation, sound design and pixel art, Simon blows Monkey.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.