[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DMC5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: 1457507019433.png (33 KB, 833x833) Image search: [Google]
1457507019433.png
33 KB, 833x833
Hopes and dreams ...
>>
Nero
>>
>>330757102
As many complete campaigns as there are playable characters.
>>
Didn't we already get a DMC V?
>>
>>330758198
Including Donte?
>>
>>330758253
No, that was a reboot
>>
>>330758264
No. For every playable characters included in that game, a complete campaign. Not a campaign for every character that ever was playable in the series.

Assuming Donte qualifies as belonging to the series anyway.
>>
I want more focus on the story and less on combat.
I mean it.
>>
>>330758730
Didn't you learn your lesson from DmC: DMC?
>>
>>330758957
Well, I mean story and exploration. I want the game to have more coherent layout, than just a bunch of killing rooms sewn together.
>>
>>330757102
Perfectly implemented co-op with co-op combos and attacks and enemies/bosses which require teamwork to eliminate, such as Nero being able to make them vulnerable for Dante to damage.
>>
>>330759080
DMC3 had that.
>>
>>330759120
No. Maybe a co-op side thing like Bayo 2 and W101 have, but not fully implemented in the main game.
>>
>>330759120
Co-op in action game is always miserable. Literally never been pulled right in the history of vidya. Camera angle is already an issue in regular DMC, and arguably the toughest enemy in term of messing up your directional input: dropping combos and screwing up the direction of your dodge.

Bayo 2 got around it by needing online and separate console for co-op but even then it is still pretty underwhelming.
>>
>>330759241
The genre is getting fucking stale anon, we can't keep rehashing DMC1 with minor gameplay and camera changes forever. I want DMC5 to do something new.
>>
I just want a new DMC with DMC3 difficulty and DmC visuals. Lose the color coded enemies, lose the pointless vulgarity and replace it with charming dialogue and a fucking metal soundtrack. No wubs, no screamo, just metal.

TL;DR: I want DMC3 on steroids.
>>
>>330758957
I liked the story more in DMC4 than DmC
DMC4 had the right amount of story focus
Only fun part of DmC was Bob Barbas boss battle
I want Nero back because I loved his design and especially weapon
Dante needs to come back obviously
And that's it
Just don't make me backtrack through the entire game again, I mean it was fun as fuck because I was playing with a different character but I'd have liked more variety
DMC4 is still my favorite DMC
>>
>>330759304
>getting stale
Says you
>>
>>330759406
>DmC visuals
Fuck that bland as hell color palette, despite the game technically having a larger color spectrum than DMC3, it was used all wrong and ended up looking boring, while DMC3 applied colors in ways where even really bland environments still looked good.

TL;DR: Fuck everything about DmC.
>>
>>330759517
The only god thing I can say about DmC is that it's a good example of how to fuck with a franchise and alienate old fans.
>>
>>330759304
>genre getting stale

You don't know what you're talking about. There has never been a 10/10 stylish action game for a reason, although Bayo 1 came really close. We just need DMC4 combat depth with less annoying enemies and more bosses. EVERYONE knows what a "perfect" stylish action game is, but there's always some stupid circumstances ruining it (DMC3 had a weak midgame, and few fair enemies while DMC4 as everyone knows is half complete)

To be honest, none of the gimmick, e.g. Platinum style shmup, DMC style puzzle/exploration (remember the stupid DMC3 invisible bridge??), or any filler ever work ever. Maybe for one time gimmick, sure, but the BnB is always combat combat and combat so I wouldn't mind DMC being just a glorified series of killing rooms after killing rooms.
>>
>>330757102
For it to exist and for it to actually be finished
>>
File: reuben.jpg (85 KB, 833x833) Image search: [Google]
reuben.jpg
85 KB, 833x833
What if all just a cruel cruel lie?
>>
File: 1414047816770.png (3 MB, 1500x2500) Image search: [Google]
1414047816770.png
3 MB, 1500x2500
>>330757102
Bring back this Lady
>>
>>330760198
She looks moist.
>>
>>330760339
shes watching Dante in action and wants his pizza
>>
>>330757102
my dream would be a game that is dmc1 in atmosphere and level design, and dmc4 in combat mechanics
>>
>>330757102
No Nero, but that hope and dream is already shattered
>>
Have Nero as a protagonist again and sole focus of the story. Dante has exhausted himself and there's nothing new he can bring to the series. Make him like Rodin in Bayo - manage the store, unlockable playable character and secret boss.
>>
>>330761059
How do you live with such shit taste?
>>
>>330761126
>hate cod for more of the same
>HOW CAN YOU NOT WANT MORE OF THE SAME?
>>
>>330761059
But Nero's gameplay is really stale and one-dimensional compared to Dante's.
The lack of styles hurts him a lot.
>>
>>330761357
And obviously, give him more weapons and shit. I meant Dante was done in therms of story and character. While Nero still has place to develop and unanswered questions left.
>>
>>330758264
>Play through DMC 5
>At one stage Dante gets a black wig after flying through something
>If you get hit the wig falls off
>Beat the game without being hit
>Achievement unlocked
>A Million Years
>>
>>330759780
>le Kojima ruse cruise lel
Job assigments and a trip to Japan aren't ruses, this place is now filled with conspiracy theorists thinking the illuminati is behind everything.
>>
>>330761492
Yeah, I'll give you that storywise.
Unless they make Dante go full MGS4 old man.
>>
>>330761258
But I don't hate cod for being the same, and the problem with Nero was that he was an half ass attempt at different while being shit. In fact I say it this simply, I would rather see a new game with Donte then with Nero
>>
>>330761615
>Dante gets his pizzas delievered by a guy riding a skateboard
>Can I get a tip?
>Not in a million years
>slams door
>>
File: absolutely-solid.jpg (9 KB, 200x355) Image search: [Google]
absolutely-solid.jpg
9 KB, 200x355
Return of Sparda
>>
>>330761492
>unanswered questions left.
Are there?
I mean, we know the deal with his arm and heritage.
What else is there?
>>
>>330761059
Dante is Devil May Cry. I'd rather not have the game at all than not see him shitpost at everyone he encounters.
>>
BOSS RUSH MODE PLEASE GOD
>>
>>330762256
When will he lose his virginity?
>>
co op bloody palace. that's all I want.
>>
File: 1436311236901.png (45 KB, 410x330) Image search: [Google]
1436311236901.png
45 KB, 410x330
>nero and dante
>campaign is again divided between them, but no backtracking and after finishing all missions once you can play any mission on any difficulty with both
>dante has 5 weapons and 5 devilarms again
>nero gets something like style switching but for his arm so he can switch between grabbing, a punching moveset and more
>more revving weapons
>nero obtains yamato as an actual devilarm and darkslayer style in the story
>vergil costume
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.