[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a Splinter Cell thread? Or maybe just sneaky games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 234453423.jpg (385 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
234453423.jpg
385 KB, 1024x768
Can we have a Splinter Cell thread? Or maybe just sneaky games in general.

Just finished Chaos Theory for the first time last night, had a great time. Much easier than previous games, although I think I was on pussy difficulty. Throwing people off buildings and ships was awesome.

Do any of the newer Splinter Cell games hold up?
>>
These guards were fucking funny, too. Some of them sounded like South Park characters.
"Wow, killed by a ninja! Cool!"
>>
For anyone who's interested - a speedrun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUAhDK9HY4E

Off to 404land!
>>
Blacklist is okay.
Especially the co-op mission. Too bad there were so few of them.

I'm actually having a blast trying to stealth suit-only in Hitman right now.

Also >tfw cant get the shadows to work properly in Pandoras Tomorrow
>>
>>330753981
I played blacklist the other day for an jour, game looks teeible and didnt have the feel of the first 3 which are the only ones I have played.
Fisher was able to hide in shadows in broad daylight, stupid
>>
>>330753981
What the fuck do you mean "hold up?" They weren't good when they came out.
>>
File: 1387720427982.png (19 KB, 201x183) Image search: [Google]
1387720427982.png
19 KB, 201x183
>>330754924
>
>>
I really liked that I could just slash people's throats from right next to them, or stab them in the guts if I was spotted.

Not sure how much smarter they are in harder difficulties but it wasn't too hard.
>>
>>330755020
Great, here come the contrarian shitposters. Go on, make your stupid post where you pretend Blacklist and Conviction were anything but petrified shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KnmzEZgkh8

God I hope the next SC will improve on Blacklist.
>>
File: ibp3dxZy2Vys4F.jpg (63 KB, 848x900) Image search: [Google]
ibp3dxZy2Vys4F.jpg
63 KB, 848x900
>>330755256
Man, what the fuck did they do to the series..
>>
>>330755256
>>330755438

>Judging a stealth game based on its speedruns

Blacklist wasn't a bad game. It was no Chaos Theory and it had some serious wank for a story and characters but some of the level design was quite solid. That video is actually the worst level in the game from memory. Oh and the final bossfight was garbage.

So I'm guessing you don't like stealth games?
>>
>>330755583
He's literally flying all over the place as if it's fucking assassins creed. Sprints past guards in broad daylight without them even turning around. How can you defend this?
>>
>>330753981
I just finished Double Agent old gen and it's great. Really great story and level design, even though it's essentially Chaos Theory expansion. Now to check next gen version and compare.
>>
>>330755805
Old gen is definitely better, but next gen isn't as bad as people make it out to be. A lot of missions are during the day so there's more emphasis on cover and distraction, rather than lurking in the shadows. I enjoyed it.
>>
>>330755730

>How can you defend this?

You can do this if you know the exact limits of every system in any stealth game.
>>
>>330755730
>He's literally flying
He can fly in the newer games?!
>>
>>330755905
I can't jump and climb over a fence under a second, I can't climb two stories up against a flat wall, break the window and climb in without the guard that's 10m away hearing it.
>>
>>330753981

No, in fact no modern stealth game does.
>>
File: 1456395467003.png (488 KB, 610x803) Image search: [Google]
1456395467003.png
488 KB, 610x803
>>330754205
>Splinter Cell speedrunning is a thing
>>
>>330755984

???

We aren't talking about your fat unfit ass.

The fuck is even your argument? Because you can't do those things that Sam Fisher that highly trained and fit spy shouldn't be able to?
>>
Anyway as somebody told me, the PC controls are tight. Really good because you can control your movement speed with the mouse wheel.

You can save that shit at any time and reload at the slightest fuck-up. It's really fast and bug-free.
>>
>>330756238
I was comparing it to Chaos Theory, probably shouldn't have left that out. My point is, I don't like way they've changed the pace of the game. Different tastes, I guess.
>>
Eh heh heh... what do you say, amigo? Do you want another battery?
>>
GOOO
TOO
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL
>>
>>330754737
but there is a fix, google it
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.