[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the /v/erdict on The Division?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Jimquisiton The Division Review.png (470 KB, 715x638) Image search: [Google]
Jimquisiton The Division Review.png
470 KB, 715x638
What's the /v/erdict on The Division?
>>
>>330701683
its okay. all you do is pop out from cover and shoot the same enemies.

that's literally the game.

pvp is shit becuase you lose progress if you die as a rogue player. fucking stupid.
>>
>>330701683
Slapping meaningless stats on an 'mmo'tps does not make it an rpg.
>>
>>330701683
It's fun.
>>
It's pretty neat at times.
>>
File: Ubisoft got me again.gif (2 MB, 442x222) Image search: [Google]
Ubisoft got me again.gif
2 MB, 442x222
>Ubishit
>>
>>330701683
it's shit. siege is still the only decent game ubi have made in years, and even then it's suffering because they're incompetent as fuck
>can barely make a 5v5 fps work online
>let's make an mmo
>>
>>330701683
tried during the beta

I played for 30 minutes, took that first base, no idea what the fuck was even going on, fairly sure I got attacked by a player because he didn't move like NPCs and took more damage, took that fucker out, pretty fun

Also ran like shit so I uninstalled and didn't buy, and no, I wont play a shooter on my consoles
>>
File: CIAReally.png (169 KB, 2000x1200) Image search: [Google]
CIAReally.png
169 KB, 2000x1200
I'm am with the CIA.

We have become aware that the plot behind Tom Clancy's The Division™ has been leaked to agents within ISIS and Al Queda.

We are currently researching the possibility or a virus born attack on US soil in correlation with the plot presented in this game.

We ask that anyone who has purchased Tom Clancy's The Division™ immediately log out of the game so that we can eliminate you IP from a list of potential hostile users.

Your country thanks you and remember, we're always watching.
>>
>>330702374
Different dev teams
>>
Played it a bit on a friends account. Don't really like it. It's a single player MMO.
>>
>>330701683
Pic is pretty much right anon. It's fun. But it isn't great. Check back in a year after dlc and it'll probably be neat
>>
>>330702374
>siege is still the only decent game ubi have made in years

black flag and fc3/3.5 were pretty decent though
>>
I love the game.

It's actually a challenge when you do missions a few levels above on hard. But its not a challenge to the point where I want to quit the game, More of a "i know ill win next time" type challenge

Crafting could use work. its confusing. how am i supposed to know what dps/arm im going to get if you give me a range of 5000.

overall? i give it a generous 8/10.

if ubi had done it the way theyve been releasing other recent games (bugged to all hell beyond playability) It would get a 6
>>
>>330702636
So is it good or what?
>>
>>330703080
Just wait until you get to the daily challenging missions.

It isn't kidding when it says you need a full team of competent players to complete it.
>>
>>330701683
better than expected. 6.5 sound about right.

replaying same missions over and over will get boring though - just like it did in destiny. there isnt much point to endgame - its just grinding for loot so you can increase difficulty on the same missions. hopefully the grind leads to harder content in the incursions.
>>
>ubishit

I learnt my lesson after watchdogs.
>>
>>330701683
I agree with the pic's assessment more or less, but I'd say instead of okay it's mediocre. Time for the food analogy! Okay would be pasta with olive oil and a bit of salt, the Division would be just plain pasta done in salted water.

5.5 is a better score by my reckoning.
>>
>>330701683
OP pic is related, minus one thing.
It's not exciting enough at all.
It's okayness is what really kept it boring. I just couldnt find a reason to buy it after the betas.
>>
the end game content is non-existent and dull.

the game is dull.

Its basically a gear grinding game because the pvp is moot.

its shit.
>>
>>330703253
There seems to be a pretty clear progression for endgame content.

>Finish storyline
>new mission pops up
>the guy invites you to the darkzone
>once you hit dz rank 30 you can buy dz gear, by then you should have some phoenix credits and yellow drops as well
>this allows you to do the daily challenging mission, which gives guaranteed high end armour
>which in turn lets you head further north in the darkzone, to get better loot and hit dz rank 50
>dz rank 50 you can buy and use the best gear the game has to offer as far as I have seen
>incursion comes after that

So yeah. From what I can tell, the incursion will be the hardest thing in the game.
>>
It's clear the devs put no effort or love into the game. It is a soulless game created to sell copies/season passes quickly then never deliver on content.

It was made purely to sell on hype then die within a few weeks.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.