[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what point did you realize that Nintendo no longer considered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: chris-chan.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
chris-chan.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
At what point did you realize that Nintendo no longer considered you to be their target audience and they no longer had anything to offer you?

For me it was midway through the Wii lifecycle. That console may have been a financial success, but they made it clear they were no longer interested in their original audience. The motion controls made it impossible to have any gameplay deeper than cookie sheet and the amount of shovelware was mind boggling. The target audience was obviously casuals and parents. Then they followed it up with the Wii U and its disastrous marketing (most people didn't realize it wasn't just another bullshit attachment for the Wii).

The 3DS was a fucking flop with specs that can't even play SNES games and no compelling reason to buy one. The exclusives for it are a fucking joke.

I used to be upset about it but honestly I'm just glad that I have come to terms with the fact that Nintendo is content to hang themselves on the casual market and have completely forsaken the audience that made them successful. It's sad to watch them commit suicide, but what can you do?
>>
>the 3ds was a fucking flop

sure it was
>>
>>330697318
Face it, the only reason it's financially successful is because the hardware is so outdated it costs like $60 per 3DS and they can crank out shit for it on the cheap. Anybody who's interested in deep or engaging gameplay knows there's nothing there worth the investment. Sometimes I think Nintendo is actively trying to alienate as many people as possible.

And don't even get people started on the censorship issue.
>>
>>330697184
They never alienated me, they kept making the same types of games they always did and I kept enjoying them.
>>
I wish I was so pathetic that I would type all this out one day.
>>
>>330698427
i cracked up at this comment lol thanks

picturing someone angrily typing this with tears in their eyes defending nintendo video games
>>
im going to go buy 5 nintendos right meow!!!!
>>
before wii was launched
>>
>>330697184
oh absolutely the gamecube, and most noteably Metroi Prime. that was literally the day it became crystal clear than nintendo has no affection for their properties, they're just tools they use to make money. they don't care if they do a radical genre switch and ruin the legacy of a franchise as long as the shooter kids will pick it up.
>>
>>330697184

As you know, the 'nintendo is committing suicide by ignoring us' argument has existed for a long time and is basically bullshit. Just based on how many people don't play video games at all we havent even hit the ceiling for casuals.

and heres the thing: there's always more casuals, but hardcore gamers as we know them are a dying breed.
>>
>>330697184
>At what point did you realize that Nintendo no longer considered you to be their target audience and they no longer had anything to offer you?

When I grew up.
>>
>>330698765
Shut the FUCK up cunt
>>
>>330697490
>The 3DS was a fucking flop
>the only reason it's financially successful
anon...
>>
>>330697184
But what does Chris Chan have to do with this?
>>
>>330697184
They lost me with the N64. SNES was their last good console.
>>
They lost me with the NES, their arcade games were the last good things.
>>
The last "nintendo" game I played and enjoyed was Mario RPG Land of the seven stars, and that was a Square game.
>>
>>330698768
That's what I'm arguing. The big names have abandoned us. It sucks, but understanding it also helps to let go of the feeling of betrayal.
>>
>>330699770
Chris Chan has also abandoned his audience. He's not even interesting any more.
>>
I plan on buying Star Fox Zero and Pokken in the near future so I guess I haven't quite hit that point.

Pokken being more for the Bamco side of things than the Pokemon, granted - I'm not actually much of a pokemon guy. Always gotten bored before completing any game in the series.
>>
The Wii U was questionable. Amiibos were the breaking point.
>>
>>330700170

That's our fault. We egged him on too much, so he became too paranoid. He was always at his best when he had a single archenemy, be it Clyde Cash or Liquid. Now that he considers everyone who isn't his mother an enemy, he isn't as fun anymore.
>>
when I was a kid I had a sega and I was always jealous of how many games my friends had on their super nintendos. then I got a n64 which was cool, only now all the games were on the playstation. I only bought a gamecube because my smash addict friend convinced me to get one. I think I only had 3 games for it. what's the point of a company that only gets ony good game on their console a year for the last 2 decades?
>>
>>330700170
>26 February - A video is leaked of Chris showing off his frozen semen samples, in which he thinks he has successfully cryogenically preserved his sperm by storing them in Tupperware containers in his family's kitchen freezer.
>>
>>330701202
i need to see this
>>
>>330702138
I'm sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULDGgv35otw
>>
>>330697184
>>330698765
N64

Couldn't even beat the PS1
>>
It's not that nintendo doesnt consider you their target audence anymore
You grew out of their target audience
>>
>>330697184
>At what point did you realize that Nintendo no longer considered you to be their target audience and they no longer had anything to offer you?

>>
>>330701202
AHAHAHAHA
>>
>>330697184
I actually didn't mind the Wii that much.
With the sheer output of games for that thing, a lot of good came out of it. Monkeys on type writers and all.

It was a cheap system that got me access to the Gamecube library and games like Muramasa, Sin and Punishment, and Tatsunuko vs Capcom

It was around last years E3 where I realised Nintendos heart just wasn't really in it anymore. They aren't the company that deserves "best developer" awards anymore. They constantly crank out shovelware like triforce heroes and those dumb freemium games. Amiibos are another nail in the coffin, acting like 30$ dlc skins.
>>
>>330697184
When the Genesis launched. Never looked back.
>>
>>330702331
Is it just me, or does Chrischan look like he's old now
Like an old man, grandpa
>>

When I started having sex
>>
>>330697184

The consoles are shit because they've adopted the dreamcast's approach to games.

They do well on portables because they follow sony's philosophy of having something for everybody there instead.

Even microsoft did well when the 360 used that approach. It seems obvious which way does better. Dunno why execs stick their heads so far up their asses sometimes and think otherwise.
>>
>>330703483
My nigga!
>>
>>330703483

faggy brit
>>
File: dont call anybody.png (318 KB, 800x574) Image search: [Google]
dont call anybody.png
318 KB, 800x574
>>330703779
It's his unhealthy diet and general lifestyle
>>
>>330697184
Why are you using the image of a Sonic fan to talk about Nintendo?
>>
>>330697184
When I hit puberty.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.