[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which voice chat you use? Skype is sucking ass lately
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: 152357645423.jpg (24 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
152357645423.jpg
24 KB, 500x500
Which voice chat you use?
Skype is sucking ass lately
>>
Mumble
>>
>>330691895

Discord.
>>
File: birb.jpg (235 KB, 1500x1071) Image search: [Google]
birb.jpg
235 KB, 1500x1071
>>330692050
This one.
>>
>>330691895
Skype has always been ass for gaming. It uses your GPU, it uses more CPU than any other VOIP, it hogs bandwidth because nobody knows how to setup push to talk making it awful for multiplayer games. Also since nobody knows how to use push to talk you have to listen to everyone breathe and type on their keyboard. Use mumble or teamspeak
>>
is razor voice chat good?
>>
Discord works pretty good
>>
>>330691895
My friends use Razer Comms, its pretty neat actually.
>>
File: 1442071726192.jpg (134 KB, 764x764) Image search: [Google]
1442071726192.jpg
134 KB, 764x764
>>330691895
>first pair of headphones
>get Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma
>Quite like them, they fit well and have good sound, although i cant wear them for more than 3 hours before my left ear starts to hurt
I dont really get why everyone hates them
>>330692498
On the forementioned headphones, its fine. I would vocaroo but [/spoiler] Im too embarassed
>>
Ignore all those inbred fucks that mention Discord, it's pure garbage.

https://r4p3.net/threads/what-is-discord.861/
>>
Teamspeak>Mumble>>>>>>Everything

Any other opinions posted are objectively wrong.
>>
>>330692604
I actually never mess up spoilers i dont know what the hell happened there
>>
>>330692681

TL:DR
>>
Teamspeak
>>
File: 1441637324922.gif (512 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1441637324922.gif
512 KB, 480x270
>>330692732

>trying to prove that you never mess up spoilers by replying to your own post
>>
>>330692682
>Teamspeak over mumble
Doesn't Teamspeak have higher latency than mumble?
>>
>>330693217
Yep, what are you gonna do about it?
>>
>>330692289
Wait, do birds have ears?

Are they internal or something?
>>
Mumble

Discord is a bot net
>>
>>330693327
Yes birds have ears but they are nothing like ours. They have little holes on the side of their heads.
>>
>>330692604
I hate them because they're fucking crushing my skull at this very moment.
>>
Axon. Too much cool shit going on in it not to use.
>>
Curse voice
>>
Some old version of TeamSpeak because it supports my disabled CapsLock button as a PTT key. No other software besides Ventrilo (lmao) recognizes it.
>>
>>330693540
Thats bizarre, I just read this page and yep those birds have some dope ass ear tech in there.

http://www.featherme.com/index.php/do-parrots-have-ears/
>>
>>330693847
that'd be really weird if birds were just deaf
like imagine never hearing birdsong
or constantly walking up on birds who didn't notice you coming and then they spazz the fuck out right in front of you
>>
>>330691895
Why not just use party chat on the xbox?
>>
>>330692682
>>330693069
Friendly reminder that Teamspeak 3 uses Mumble source code and is backdoored.
>>
>>330691895
discord is really good
>>
>>330693940
>or constantly walking up on birds who didn't notice you coming and then they spazz the fuck out right in front of you

I just imagined that in my mind and burst out laughing. Good point anon.
>>
my friends use curse voice
>>
>>330694047
>backdoored
Implying what, exactly? I just use it because my friends do.
>>
>>330691895
>lately

Fuck me, skype has never been good and I hate how it's encouraged so many people to thing that voice activation is better than push to talk because its easier despite the fact everyone else can hear your faggot face scoffing crisps
>>
Discord rocks.
>>
Mumble is still the best.

Discord is fine if you're poor, I guess. I imagine all the people using Discord are the same retards who used Skype for VOIP for games.
>>
>>330694778
As in the developer can access the server, and do shit to the server software like shutting it down remotely, blacklisting it and preventing clients from accessing it, retrieve logs and a lot more things without requiring authentication to the server.
>>
Discord is decent, I don't see anything wrong with it. Its layout encourages text chat when nobody's on voice, so you can actually be present with your friends outside of chattering constantly into your mic to see if anyone's online.
>>
Been using teamspeak for years, and i have no reasons to switch to anything else.

Discord is looking rather nice though
>>
>>330695631
Dang. Doesn't really phase me though, since I don't see what kind of private information I'd be so afraid to exchange over TS.
>>
>>330691895
Discord is great because it's lightweight, but then again the servers suck and crash every couple days or so.

Haven't tried Mumble or Teamspeak in years, so I can't say anything about them.
>>
>>330692103
This. seems really fluid even though I struggle with the UI sometimes. Nice that if somebody new joins up they can just use the website.

>>330692597
Fuck Razzorcoms its always glitchy as shit and runs like hell.
>>
Aside from outages, which are becoming less and less of an issue, Discord is the best. They recently added an overlay so any single monitor fags can keep up
Only thing it lacks is a sub channel and the ability to ctrl+f things, which they're working on now.
>>
>>330692681
>https://r4p3.net/threads/what-is-discord.861/
Except a lot of the shit he mentions really isn't that big of a deal for your general user.

>security
You don't have to give discord information or sign up for an account or even download anything. At worst they can listen to you fucking talk about how much damage your doing to whatever shitty meme bossyou're fighting oh fucking no. You have no digital security if you're a general user anyway so stop fucking trying or learn to really protect yourself.

>Buisness sellout
So what? if the tech they use gets popular then sold it will shut down and I will move to another product. Nothing about that really effects me. It's not being integrated into the game like the previous software he was using as his example and I'm not a game developer trying to integrate it into my games so again this does nothing wrong to me. A dev shouldn't rely on other peoples software anyways for his very reason.
>>
If your not using discord then your slow
>>
>>330692681
No of the points mentioned are good come back later
>>
>>330691895
>lately
skype has always been trash
>>
>>330698496
Vent vs Teamspeak is now Razercomms vs Discord?

YOU
FAGS
WILL
ARGUE
ABOUT
ANYTHING
>>
Discord has a good interface all the others mentioned use to much CPU and GPU and have shitty interfaces
>>
>>330698713
the fuck is razercomms
>>
Mumble > TeamSpeak > Trash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Skype, Discord and other botnet
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.