[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of Doom?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: doom-2016-feature.jpg (467 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
doom-2016-feature.jpg
467 KB, 1920x1080
What does /v/ think of Doom?
>>
>>330674945
It isn't out yet. What we can see of it is concerning.
>>
It got all the kids excited that's good
>>
Alpha MP was shit.

60 fps cap, slow as molasses, generic FPS gameplay.

MP will be dead within a month just like Doom 3's.
>>
Id rather have a crazy spin off like Mario kart or party but with DOOM in it
>>
I'm excited. But I'm a casual gamer. These autists here hate it because Bethesda and how dare they like something popular.

Story looks fun and the multiplayer looks like Halo, which is fine for me.

I'm buying it.
>>
>>330675543
it doesnt have to be about popularity or nostalgia, after all, there are questionable features like no mods, 2 weapons only on MP, QTE animations and enimies dropping health packs that make the game look poor
>>
>>330675543
Or perhaps people don't hate it because it's popular, but because it was designed for casuals and doesn't meet the expectations of more seasoned players.
>>
>>330675739

Why are they not allowing mods? Are they unaware that mods are what made Doom 3 playable in the first place?
>>
>>330676183
They had this thing called Snapmap which is basically a level editor.
>>
>>330676259

I like how that didn't answer my question. I know that there's snapmap support, and I know what it does. What I want to know is why Id has a problem with modding, when modding is what made Doom 3 playable because they made the brilliant decision to make you decide between having a flashlight and having a gun.
>>
>>330675098

>It got all the kids excited

That seems like an overstatement
>>
>>330676638
The thing is, because they wont you to use Snapmap, they wont allow you to mod the game, which is a bad thing because even the first game had a history of community modding
>>
>>330676802

Right. The level editing and modding community is what made Doom into what it is now. So, it's bizarre that they're taking such an Apple approach to it.
>>
>>330675739
>2 weapons only

Fuck
>>
looks like complete ass

I doubt anyone from the original Doom team or even the Doom 3 team is involved so why get excited?
>>
>>330675181
This. The small shred of hope I have for D44M is the fact that MP is outsourced, so it might be a Wolfenstein 2009 esque scenario where the oursourced MP is trash but the campaign saves it.

Oh who am I kidding I was the only person who loved Wolfenstein 2009
>>
>>330675739
2 WEPS?

what the fuck is this bullshit
>>
>>330679336
And loadouts too, apparently.

>>330678774
>Oh who am I kidding I was the only person who loved Wolfenstein 2009
Surely not.
>>
>>330674945
Doom is great. This new halo clone called doom looks like it's going to fucking suck
>>
File: 225px-Imp.jpg (7 KB, 225x191) Image search: [Google]
225px-Imp.jpg
7 KB, 225x191
Super glad Doom babies aren't getting the game they want. :)

PS4 bros will enjoy a weird take on halo mp, as for me I am getting more choice for online shooters.

Thx Beth.
>>
File: 1391554051538.jpg (29 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
1391554051538.jpg
29 KB, 240x320
>calling D44M DOOM
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.