[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best version of A Link To The Past? SNES or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: 1.png (28 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.png
28 KB, 1920x1080
What's the best version of A Link To The Past?

SNES or GBA?

WHY ARE THESE THREADS DYING SO QUICKLY
>>
GBA version has shitty screen crunch and the voice clips are annoying
SNES version is superior
>>
There's no Link to the Past on GBA!
Super Nintendo emulation is ONLY possible on New Nintendo 3DS Consoles!
>>
>>330670736
The GBA version also has a bonus dungeon, an extra sidequest, and several other minor improvements.
>>
>>330670873
Kek
>>
SNES on n3DS VC
>>
For definitive version, ask which one has the bigger screen.

Why is this an issue? If you were to ask "What's the best version of A Link to the Past while riding the bus?" then the answer would be different.
>>
>>330671658

You could technically play OoT on a big screen, but the 3DS version is still superior. So playing on a big screen doesnt automatically make it better.
>>
>>330672779
>the 3DS version is still superior

I was specifically thinking of this game when I typed that. You're wrong. If playing a story driven adventure game on a tiny handheld with uncomfortable controls doesn't bother you, how about the fact that everything they removed wasn't just a puzzle here or there but essential atmospheric art and music.
>>
>>330672993
>how about the fact that everything they removed wasn't just a puzzle here or there but essential atmospheric art and music.

Really? I didnt know that.

I was thinking of the improvements like new models, being able to use items without stopping the game, etc. but that's all I knew about it. I didnt know they removed music.. why the fuck would they do that?

I got OoT 3D coming on monday.. if what you say is true, then I'm not looking forward to it that much anymore.
>>
>>330673251
I'm exaggerating. But they took out things like the blood and chains in the bottom of the well as well as keeps the fire temple music change and ganon's green blood from versions after the original 1.0 cart.
>>
>>330669803
GBA because of the four swords dungeon
>>
>>330671095
Good luck getting into that fucking dungeon without cheating
>>
>>330673251
best to play OoT on the n64, for the lighting alone.3ds version ruined one of the most memorable moments in gaming.

now the MM 3ds remake is actually a straight improvement of MM
>>
>>330671095
damn this is my favorite game and I never knew that. Time to replay!
>>
>>330669803
Because it's a dumb question. SNES
>>
>playing twilight princess
>get to first miniboss in first dungeon
>can't figure out how to throw the plant bombs into the plant mouth
>give up
God. I hate what I've become.
>>
GBA
I played both.
>>
>>330674524
Use the Boomerang, target the bomb, target the mouth, there done. It has multiple targets remember?
>>
>>330673467

The only thing that bothers me about that is the blood and chains.. There is nothing wrong with a little disturbance once in a while. It's not like its in your face about what it is either, its kind of subtle. Dumb Nintendo.

>>330673985

I got the NGC Master Quest version of OoT, but felt like playing the 3DS version too. Good thing I own both then.

I'm getting MM3D next. I'm glad it's worth it.
>>
>>330669803
>GBA
>awful colors and recolors
>shit sound
>OoT link downsampled sounds just because

nigger do you even need to fucking ask?
>>
>>330673985
>OoT's slow as shit text

I'd play the 3ds version just to be rid of that
>>
>>330669803
>ice dungeon made easier for retards

Among many other reasons in this thread, this is why the SNES version is superior. That said, palace of the four sword was fun, and Four Swords in general was great.
>>
>>330676510
>>awful colors and recolors
You can use original colors retard. It's an ingame option.
>>
>>330677156
yeah you stupid fuck, but overall GBA has issues with colors itself
>>
>>330670873
The GBA game is a port, not emulation, dumbass.
>>
>>330677223
Not when you can literally play with the same colors as the SNES version if you're emulating, or if you're playing on the GBA itself you can adjust the brightness
>>
>>330673985
what about the gc version? it's just a rom isn't it but it probably outputs at better quality if you play it on a wii than n64,
>>
>>330673985
the character models are gay for link. his zora form has no tattoos, gorgon form has no scars. zora swimming is not as good and the bosses all have giant hit me eyeballs
>>
>>330673796
elaborate
>>
Snes version, The Wii U port specifically.
>>
>>330677550
>"actually only true heroes can enter"
>you need to beat the multiplayer aspect to get in
>>
Why do so many people use exclamation points? Are you people literally from reddit
>>
>>330677685
They're old /b/ who mutated into old /v/. They're angry.
>>
Major GBA changes:
-Smaller resolution so you see less of the screen
-Get to keep the shovel, and dig up and down
-GBA sound
-Link screams when falling, getting hit, etc.. and does an identical scream EVERY time you swing the sword
-Four swords bonus dungeon which nobody got to because you need to play four swords which nobody did because every player needs his own GBA and cart
-Also the lumberjack thing which I think was also related to four swords

Decide for yourself, neither is outright superior or inferior
>>
>>330673985
>now the MM 3ds remake is actually a straight improvement of MM

>Impossible, infuriating Twinmold fight
>improvement
>>
>>330669803
The best version of ALttP was Parallel Worlds
>>
>>330674962
Oh.... I didn't have the boomerang yet. Weird.
>>
>>330670873
>Super Nintendo emulation is ONLY possible on New Nintendo 3DS Consoles
I know it's obvious bait, but I had SNES emulation on my DS for forever.
>>
>>330670873
Unless, you know, buy a flashcart that comes with a fucking CPU faster that the one in the ds
>>
>>330673796
>>330677550
>>330677678
Translation: he didn't have friends to play 4 Swords with.
>>
>>330678371
probably the best Zelda game created. no sword for a good while, so you have to make use of the environment. non-linear format without making the difficulty babby-easy. my only complaint was that it was hard to figure out what to do if you haven't played for a while in the middle of a game
>>
>>330669803
SNES

But GBA doesn't have the annoying bottle sub menu.
>>
>>330679076
dang, there are a ton of little version differences aren't there?
>>
File: parallel worlds.jpg (254 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
parallel worlds.jpg
254 KB, 800x533
>>330669803
this is the best version
>>
>>330678636
It's probably poking fun at Nintendo's position that these SNES Virtual Console games would be impossible to put on 3DS, so they're New 3DS exclusive.
>>
>>330679991
>>330678371
How did you hear about this game? First time I've ever heard of it. It looks interesting. I love ALttP so I might give it a try sometime.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.