[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix co-op in these games? All it does is trivialize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
How do we fix co-op in these games? All it does is trivialize every aspect of the game except invasions.
>>
>>330664047
It doesn't need fixing. Co-op there for casuals that can't finish the game solo.
>>
Make the games harder
>>
I find that co-op makes the game harder because all it does is make the boss less predictable and gives it more health. 90% of the time you get scrubs that die before even taking out 30% of the bosses health bar anyway.
>>
>>330664492
This.

In Bloodborne any boss with charge becomes much much harder with coop because they can start the charge animation towards one player but then spin around and change the target when it launches.
>>
>>330664492
Never had this experience. Cooping most bosses give you a shitload of off time to heal or get rid of additional mobs and the health increase is not much trouble, at least until NG+ (I didn't bother to go further)
>>
>>330664047
>How do we fix the most innovative online co-op system to come out in a decade?

Another day, another random aspect of a souls game to complain about. Quit creating problems, and just don't summon.

Maybe one day you will be as hardcore as this faggot >>330664121 and you won't have to play the games the way they were meant to be played.
>>
>>330665298
I never claimed to be hardcore. The co-op is there to help you if you have trouble with a boss or an area, it's not the way the game is meant to be played.
>>
>>330665456
>it's not the way the game is meant to be played.
Why do people make stupid comments like this?

If you weren't meant to do it they wouldn't even give you the option. It's there for people who need a helping hand and to give the enjoyable experience of helping a stranger and sharing hardship with each other tying into the game thematically.
>>
>except invasions
I love these games but goddamn can I not stand the lot of you fucking idiots
>>
>>330665682
It's not a stupid comment. If it was the way the game was meant to be played the boss health wouldn't increase.
>>
>>330665990
...you hate Invaders?
>>
>>330666113
Does that mean that NG+ isn't how the game is meant to be played either because the bosses health increases?

Pretty faulty logic bro. Seriously if you were never meant to do it it wouldn't even be there.
>>
File: 1331733177961.jpg (54 KB, 525x481) Image search: [Google]
1331733177961.jpg
54 KB, 525x481
>>330664121
It's also fun to do with friends
>>
>tfw I summon before every boss

I just think it's fun to co-op and help people get their sun medals, I've already done all the bosses solo at least once nerds
>>
>>330666113
I posit that every fight you can summon solaire for was designed with 2 people in mind
>>
>>330666494
>I've already done all the bosses solo at least once nerds

Pretty much this
>>
File: jake-gary-busey.jpg (60 KB, 376x468) Image search: [Google]
jake-gary-busey.jpg
60 KB, 376x468
>>330664121
>Co-op is there for casuals who can't finish the game solo
>>330665456
>I never claimed to be hardcore

Hokay. So what are phantoms for? Why do successful boss fights revive hollowed phantoms? I stone over humanity every time if I have 30+ in the counter already.
>>
>>330665298
I enjoy co-op with random people, but I don't want it to take away the sense of accomplishment I get from defeating bosses by myself.

I really had fun with 2cats because, albeit being a lazy rehash, they were meant to be fought in co-op. You can solo them of course but it's a RNG-fest
>>
>>330666231
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/games/bloodborne-designer-wants-to-challenge-not-coddle-players/
Yeah bro, Miyzaki sure intended to make all the bosses trivial.
NG+ is an entirely different matter, it's meant for consequent playthroughs and it increases damage from enemies as well.
>>
Rom is just plain annoying and unfun to fight solo cause those faggots spiderlings.
>>
>>330666678
Feel free to try and explain at any point why they would go to the effort of specifically adding co-op to the game if they didn't want anyone too ever use it.
>>
I'd prefer a more dedicated co-op mode where you can reliably go through the entire game with a friend, rather than the whole summon thing which just makes a co-op playthrough a pain in the ass.

I know that's not how it's supposed to be, but I would greatly enjoy it as an option.
>>
>>330666776
They didn't meant for you not to use it, they meant for you to use when you are having trouble or when you want to play with a friend. How is that hard to understand?
>>
>>330666889
Yeah I've been playing co-op with my brother recently and that's pretty much the feeling

having to stand around waiting for servers to not be shit so we can summon each other is a pain in the ass
>>
>>330666973
Thanks for conceding.
>>
>>330667068
Conceding? Are you retarded? I never said it wasn't supposed to not be used.
>>
>>330666975
DIDN'T PLAY BLOODBORNE, DID YOU SUNSHINE?
THEY FIXED THAT WITH BEING FRIENDS AND USING PASSWORDS AND LEVEL-ADJUSTING TO THE HOST IF YOUR SUMMON IS OP

BY OP I MEAN HIGHER LEVEL THAN YOU, NOT A FAGGOT
>>
The problem with souls co-op is that it's not real co-op, it's a please help me mode.
You have to jump through some hoops to make sure you can always summon each other. You can't actually play through the entire game with a bro without doing everything twice since your world won't advance for helping the other player.
>>
File: Disapproval.png (102 KB, 345x230) Image search: [Google]
Disapproval.png
102 KB, 345x230
>>330667334
>it's not the way the game is meant to be played.
>>
It's literally designed to be easy mode.

What people forget about the Souls game is that they are "hard" but they actually do have an easy mode, but it's in the game itself and not on a difficulty menu option. This gets balanced by gating summons behind a resource and so you (are meant to) summon sparingly.

If it wasn't an intended leg-up, people might not even bother to summon, and rule 1 of online features is you need to give people an incentive to populate them, just putting them out there isn't enough.

In general 75% complaints of Dark Souls or the series in general fails to take into account that the single-player experience is not as isolated as people assume, and it IS very much designed to compliment online interaction.

Trial and error deaths are prevented by messages, having to track to a boss room for the 20th time in a row will cause you to consider summoning a player, resources are made rare and as online incentives and thus people bother to use them. Even the solitary experience is complimented by the brief, silent helping hands of other players. Everything ties up and co-op will continue to be easy-mode.
>>
>>330664047
Co-op Phantoms can't deal Poise damage.
Hire me
>>
>>330667514
The other hidden easy mode option is playing a caster.
>>
>>330667482
Well it isn't, the games are supposed to be a challenge. It's meant to be used when you're having trouble, the games were designed around being completed solo.
>>
>>330667638
If you're not meant to do it they wouldn't even include it. It's pretty simple bro. If they included it they obviously meant for some people to use it.
>>
look at all these pc fats who haven't played bloodborne. They fixed the coop in that.
>>
>>330667725
and fucked up pvp while they were at it
>>
>>330667723
Jesus christ can you even read?
Fuck me, you're retarded.
>>
Co-op is literally the entire point of the game.
>>
>>330667764
Good.
>>
>>330667843
I think the issue that you're communicating your point poorly.

You keep saying "It's not how the game is meant to be played" when you mean "It's the way the game is meant to be played by players that are struggling to beat it alone".
>>
>>330668026
Exactly that. He keeps saying your not meant to use it while explaining situations in which it should be used. It's fucking backwards.
>>
>>330668026
That's it

>>330668114
Nah, you just have trouble understanding simple concepts
>>
>>330668261
I understood what you were trying to explain. I was just being obtuse as fuck because you were saying it so wrong.
>>
File: you.png (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
you.png
10 KB, 300x300
>>330668419
>I understood it but I kept pretending I was retarded
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.