[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that Nintendo could release a Mario reskin of E.T for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
Reminder that Nintendo could release a Mario reskin of E.T for Atari 2600 and 13 year olds on YouTube would still buy & defend it
>>
>>330651376
you didnt have to remind me of that
>>
>>330651376
They really wouldn't

See: AC Amiibi Festival.
>>
>>330651817
Saw people defending that.
>>
>>330652049
Where?
>>
>>330652179
Youtube, /v/ (mostly Isabellefags), twitter. surprisingly not Reddit
>>
>>330652232
Specifically where? I want to see it anon
>>
>>330651376
Kids don't buy Nintendo games. And just a reminder that every game on gods green earth is defended by some faggot.
>>
>>330652346
On the websites.
>>
>>330652179
they fucking defended it here.
>>
>>330652387
>>330652473
I just want to see one example to laugh at goddamn
>>
File: nintendrones.png (33 KB, 745x304) Image search: [Google]
nintendrones.png
33 KB, 745x304
>>330652346
In the comments here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GIveAP_wtg

It was easy enough to find anon
>>
>>330652521
Literally make a thread saying Isabelle a shit
>>
>>330652536
There will always be someone who defends their games on youtube.
>>
>>330652536
I could have sworn the comments were disabled on that video before, there's so much disdain in the comments though. Pic is really the rare exception. funny though
>>
>>330652607
We know
>>
>>330651376
>tfw it's time to abandon ship from Nintendo
>tfw can't have fun with the games alone, can't have fun with them socially
where do you go from here?
>>
>>330651376
Get them to make one and prove it
>>
>>330652731
To a different board.
>>
>>330652731
Seriously the only hope for Nintendo is the games they publish rather than make firsthand. I'm talking Pokémon (especially Pokken), Fire Emblem...uh....shit. Yeah they're fucked. Soon they'll literally be 100% Mario
>>
>>330652828
>Soon they'll literally be 100% Mario
that's not as bad as it sounds
I love MK and platformers
>>
File: 1433103697935.png (82 KB, 318x339) Image search: [Google]
1433103697935.png
82 KB, 318x339
>>330652731
No idea, Anon. All I can do is hope the NX is better. They're gonna have to try hard though to fully get their trust back with me. I doubt they will unfortunately though.
>>
>>330653023
>They're gonna have to try hard though to fully get their trust back with me.
I don't get how people have this point of view about games
>>
>>330652919
Fuck I dunno about that, Mario's kinda done as for what he's known for. If they do something similar to an older game, it feels like a rehash. They won't try anything different because it's a risk. The cure IMO is to jump to a new IP and start fresh but that'd be like Disney dumping Mickey and trying to build up a brand loyalty from scratch.
>>330652818
you might just be right nigga
>>330653023
I do too, I mean literally if they revived a ton of IPs and did all the shit all the older fans want I still bet they'd fuck it up. Sometimes people just have to realize when to jump ship and I've never felt more like that then now. Pre teens and nostalgic assholes can inherit whatever Nintendo's become, I just can't care anymore.
>>
>>330653213
>The cure IMO is to jump to a new IP and start fresh but that'd be like Disney dumping Mickey and trying to build up a brand loyalty from scratch.
Splatoon?

Also, out of curiosity, what games do you want to see revived?
>>
>>330653332
I think Splatoon was a great way for Nintendo try try a genre it's not too familiar with and still feel like Nintendo, but I mean to say that Mario still has to be their mascot and flagship franchise, they're not gonna put him behind anything else. I hate to fucking say it but they're not gonna put anyone else to go to the goddamn olympics with Sonic

as for IPs, me personally I'm a romantic faggot who wants to see DECADES OLD series revived--Kid Icarus was one but Nintendo has a lot of untapped series too (Shin Onigashima, their detective series, Murasame Castle, fucking make a Clu Clu Land sequel or reboot, etc). And more recent ones such as F-Zero, but if GX is our last F-Zero title I'd still die happy

And not to sound even more obnoxious I'm with the majority on the Metroid stuff lately, they wouldn't give a similar treatment to fucking Mario. That is, leave the series hanging for years and return with a 4 player Toad only adventure.
>>
>>330652049

A small number of people will defend anything. Doesn't mean that thing is successful or generally liked.
>>
>>330651376
Oh yeah? Well you play games like a GIRL
>>
>>330653872
Yeah I see where you're coming from, but honestly it makes sense for them to rely on Mario (and Zelda) so frequently. To put it simply, it sells. It's not like the games are insultingly bad anyway, the NSMB series is full of literal rehashed content but they can still make fun platformers. I guess I'm never that bothered by it since, to me, the characters used in games just don't matter at all - as long as the gameplay it at least acceptable I'm satistfied.

That said, I do hope Splatoon encourages them to create more new material, hopefully they understand that the fact it was something fresh from Nintendo helped it gain traction from the start.
>>
>>330654250
>To put it simply, it sells.
It's definitely not a question in my eyes, it's justification for jumping ship. Once they find out the recipe to printing money--as a business--why WOULD they change? Anything original and deemed a risk will forever be a fringe project, IF at all. Put behind the latest Pokemon generation or Mario sports game, that's the fucking best we can hope for.

Yeah if the gameplay's good that is what matters, but to me if there's previous games with gameplay about as good (if not arguably better) I stop being impressed with the new entries. Some of the new games look great on their own, but I get less and less excited over time. Sometimes I just feel like a series should die (or gracefully stop) and make way for something new and different.

Yeah with the brand loyalty they have to certain series, and all the smart practices they now have (online services, amiibo, etc) I think they've got their new method down pat and I just don't like it.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.