[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: la noire.jpg (31 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
la noire.jpg
31 KB, 460x215
what went wrong?
>>
Australia studio, should have just let Rockstar do the whole thing
>>
stupid romance subplot
>>
The attempt to shoehorn GTA elements into the game. Why would you make it a big open city, but penalize the player for driving like it's GTA? Pretty quickly I just started having the partner drive to teleport me to the shit quicker.
>>
>>330643527
no rand-gen crimes
>>
>>330643527
Good technology
Bad performances
>>
>>330643527
Cheating came from nowhere
Loved everything else
>>
>>330643527
unecessarily making it open world
>>
>>330644023
I feel like the teleport button was something the publisher would have suggested, I don't think anyone at Rockstar would have made such a boring mundane over world.
>>
>>330643832

One of the complaints coming from that Australia studio was that Rockstar essentially took over the production of the game.
>>
File: 1457187682235.jpg (14 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1457187682235.jpg
14 KB, 480x480
>>330643527
Good beginning and middle. Obviously rushed and dogshit ending.
I'm still mad at how underwhelming it was.
>>
it shoulve been more like a Bogart noir than LA Confidential imo would like to see them give it another go in 40s or 50s NYC
>>
>>330644321
The team was most likely in shambles as Rockstar helped them, literally the same year they shipped LA Noire they got in trouble for making employees stay like 15 hours
>>
>>330643527
game was great your just a faggot cunt
>>
>>330644653

There's little doubt that Rockstar sending out people to work on the game is the only reason it actually got released, most Bondi employees said as much. But the guys at the top of the production said Rockstar didn't just help them get the game finished, they made massive changes to the game design and narrative as well and in the process completely ruined it too.

I know there was a lot of conflict between Rockstar and Team Bondi over this game but I think it's because both companies are run by basically the same type of person, a hack with delusions of grandeur. Only thing Rockstar has over them is the technical know how and it's worth noting that that technical know how comes from a company Rockstar bought, not a company Rockstar built.
>>
>>330643527
I personally found late game faces irreadable and the bluff/lie mechanic slowly became inoperable as the two mixed together

equally, the concept of making all the homicide and overarching case was extremely poor; I wanted to solve individual murders with a little dahlia thrown in, not find all my past three hours work pointless, with all the fuckers being released.

Then crime and arson were pretty bland affairs, so desu the game let itself down with trying to make one big overarching plot when it could have just been detective simulator
>>
If you press doubt you can win over 50% of the interogations.

Doubt/lie was not always clear on which to use.

The game also railroaded you down missions and didn't really give you more options.

There wasn#t enough random events so the world was empty.
>>
>>330643527
They didn't commit to the detective genre and felt like they have to put in shooting parts.
>>
>>330643862
Sup, insecurity!
>>
most of the work shouldve been done at night too if it was based on noir films
>>
>No noir tone.
>Bland TP combat.
>Silly interrogations relying on the facial capture gimmick.
>Empty world.
>Boring story that overturns most of the games events
>>
>>330643527

No sequel.
>>
>>330645678
>if it was based on noir films

It wasn't. They kept saying it was a noir game but it was a neo-noir game.

It wasn't influenced by the likes of The Third Man or The Big Sleep, it was influenced by the likes of The Two Jakes and LA Confidential. I say "influenced" but it's more accurate to say "shamelessly ripped off".
>>
I loved the overreactions.

>Guy seems to be lying and doing loads of tells.
Press Lie.
>Turns out it was doubt but you go on a massive rant.
>Might as well have called the guy a cunt and slapped his face.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (16 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
16 KB, 200x303
>>330646027

>do you fuck little boys
>>
>>330646027
>that hobo who comes clean immediately
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.