[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey streetfighter fags, now that you know v is casual shit are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5
File: the-king-of-fighters-xiv.jpg (46 KB, 611x458) Image search: [Google]
the-king-of-fighters-xiv.jpg
46 KB, 611x458
hey streetfighter fags, now that you know v is casual shit are you gonna move on to a superior,, and more complex game like kof or are you gonna keep playing your babys first fighter forever.
>>
Found the mexican

Enjoy clone fighter 14
>>
But we don't know the depth of KoFXIV
>>
>>330641716
KoF is more popular in China than Mexico
>>
>>330641742
We know how the systems work at this point.

KoF's basic systems regardless are what give the game most of it's depth, and they are guaranteed with every game.
>>
File: 1346615664251.png (115 KB, 326x226) Image search: [Google]
1346615664251.png
115 KB, 326x226
I'm not sure if China can make a good fighting game.
>>
>>330641778
The mexicans of asia.
>>
>>330641668
I think SFV is pretty fun, but I am looking forward to getting my hands on KOF14.

Sad Reminder: We will never ever get the American sports team again.
>>
>>330641930
Dong Dong Never Die
>>
>>330641945
this guy has a point
>>
>Average Street Fighter music, composed in 2016 with a budget of millions with full orchestral hardware by an AAA dev studio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HudN-TwGCJ4

>Average KoF music, composed in 1996 on a rickety old Neo Geo with the pocket change of the developers in their free time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnoDVG6gHhQ

Streetfighterfags, are you even trying?
>>
This shit looks like it's being devloped on a OUYA.
>>
>>330641930
Capcom couldn't
>>
>>330641930
The development team is completely untouched
>>
>>330642148

Laura's theme is better though

Every KoF track sounds the same to me. Some bullshit generic rock with some dumbass solo in the middle of it
>>
>>330642302
Yes Anon Mozart was very well known for his generic rock compositions
>>
>>330642210
Do SNK devs have a face? There's usually a director like Kojima or Sakurai that gets scapegoated to take all the fame/blame.
>>
>>330642413

They do, but no one gives two shits
>>
>>330642413
Yeah, he worked on SF4 and past KoF titles from what I can remember. Don't know his name. He's done a few interviews.
>>
>>330642302
>Laura's theme
>Better than anything
Also you have obviously never played KoF. Have the most famous KoF theme in its most recent iteration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y76mpccex1g

KoF has much more variety in its music than SF does
>>
>>330641832
It's still possible that there is something so broken in the game that it renders most of the existing depth irrelevant.

Like, what if people figure out that the wallspalt of standing CD is so effective that matches become nothing but people trying to hit each other with CDs?
>>
i never understood why you need 3 punches and 3 kicks, i like offensive mmy games offensive orientes, based on good reflexes,, knowladge of the game and intelligente decisions. sfiv had some of that but in 5 you always here the youtubers complaining of some scrub beating them on ranked. even a 016 won a tournament recently. that would never happen in kof you have to be on point to play competitevely. i am barely getting good recently but on fightcade there are some serious competitors on 2002 dude.
>>
>playing mexifighter 2016

Yeah, I'm not falling for this meme
>>
>>330642467
His name is yasuyuki oda.
>>
This game is exclusive for the ps4?
ps4 sales are gonna go through the roof in mexico and the rest of central and south america
>>
>>330643039
Scared of trying something new? Fug I like both and welcome any fighting game.
>>
>>330641716
Street fighter has just as many if not more clone character man. Character types in kof are varied as fuck.
>>
>>330643039
That's very outdated and misinformed meme.
KoF is popular in all third world countries.

>>330643146
What I'm wondering is how it will go down in china.
If I remember correctly they don't have the console ban anymore, but I wonder how popular new consoles still are.
>>
>>330641716
>Enjoy clone fighter 14
NESTS arch ended in 2001 (or 2002, depending how you want to count).
>>
>>330642161
It's its own brand new engine that they had to build from scratch that they are developing it on. As much as I like SNK they're so broke they couldn't even pay to use unreal engine 4 or 3. All the chinese overlords did was keep SNK from dying again. And the Chinese being chinese they probably won't shell out dosh to make it better. They are making good progress with what they got. The game doesn't look nearly as bad as when the first trailer was revealed.
>>
File: Athena_mermaid.gif (25 KB, 206x178) Image search: [Google]
Athena_mermaid.gif
25 KB, 206x178
>>330643474
how is this business even profitable without the arcade cabinets. okay i will admit that i am mexican and indeed we love kof but we can`t afford ps4 you see so we play online on pc only but how are they going to make a business out of this.
>>
>>330643283
how popular is KoF in China?
Did they have an arcade ban as well over there?
>>
>No Vanessa
>No Shen Woo
>No Elisabeth
Fuck.
>>
>>330641668
I'm playing both, so why are you trying to start shit?

Not to mention that the game being good will be somewhat pointless of the netcode is shit like 13's was.
>>
>>330643474
>unreal engine 4 or 3
Isn't Unreal kinda cheap in pro use. Or was it that it's mostly profits based, in which case, still cheap.

The thing is, people don't know what the fuck they are talking about when they talk about game engines when it comes to graphics.
I could download Unreal Engine right now and make something with it and it would look like shit. Because I don't know anything about modelling, texturing, making shaders or fucking anything.

Engine does affect on how good game can look, but people always first blame engine when it's obvious that it doesn't have anything to do with problems in the graphics.
>>
>Starting the thread with KOF vs SF shitflinging
good job killing the thread before it started OP
>>
>>330643836
They still have '02UM tourneys.
I've been told 98 is more popular.
>>
>>330643836
They do have arcades and KoF is fuck huge in there.
There are China only PC ports and Mobile versions of KoF games, in chinese streaming service there is always bunch of KoF streams going on, they even have TV-commercials of KoF games.
>>
>>330641668
>baby's first fighter

we aren't taking about Melee
>>
I prefer games that don't look like they're on PS1.
>>
>>330644015
They are also really big into 97, although I've heard preferred more in casual circles.
>>
File: Latest update leak.jpg (2 MB, 1807x3000) Image search: [Google]
Latest update leak.jpg
2 MB, 1807x3000
>>330643783
Who knows man, Arcades are still kinda big in Japan. I don't know about china though. I guess being console exclusive is the new hotness.

>>330643960
Even if it's cheap I guess SNK is that broke. When the leaker anon in KOF threads started leaking shit that's what he replied to me when I asked if he knew something about the game itself even when it was small. Anons tried compiling his post throughout the thread and future ones he participated in and when I tried to get them to put that reply in too they said it didn't matter. I guess the engine details are just small tidbits and like you said it's how they make do with it rather than what they have.
The leaked character roster is pretty much true. I just hope that the leaks about the characters themselves are true too. I hope the game turns out well, it's been in development since 2014. I get the feeling they've done more than what they're showing.
>>
>>330644057
One of their tourneys for KoF even had more views than EVO.
>>
>>330644015
'98 is very popular everywhere.
I used to live in south america about 11 years ago, and people would crowd that arcade machine, along with MvC2.
>>
>>330641668
Fuck you faggot.
Stop trying to start shit it just makes you look like those stupid GGfags who tout their game as the deepest and most complex game ever that is also simultaneously super easy to get into.

>>330642954
I think the most likely culprit is gonna be new MAX mode, it might end up becoming HD 2.0
>>
>>330642393

Mozart was one long-lived bastard, that's for sure.

I had no idea he composed that in 1996. What the fuck does he eat?
>>
>>330644235
Nice hot new meme pal. Personally I don't care how the game looks as long as it plays decent. I mean I love both KoF and SF. I even preordered the collectors edition of SFV and bought my first stick for it since I didn't want to kill my thumbs. Still love it despite the fact that it looks like it was developed by fucking Playdough. I'm looking forward to KoF XIV too.
>>
>>330641668
Maybe if new kof didn't look like it was made 20 years ago
>>
>>330644858

What meme? It looks like a ps1 game.
>>
>>330644819
Lots of veggies, lean meats and he drinks lots of orange juice.
>>
>>330644790
>I think the most likely culprit is gonna be new MAX mode, it might end up becoming HD 2.0
Possible. I also feel that max mode will be large factor in determining tier lists.
>>
>>330641668
That dude on the left looks so fucking gay and the guy on the rights nose is out of control
>>
>Game is no longer 90% defense
>LOL casual shit
>>
>>330644987
Well the new art direction kinda sucks, the other characters look fine. It doesn't help that their rivalry and their story basically gives the vibe that they basically want to suck each other off. And I say that as a KoF fan. One is basically a cocky high school drop out, and the other a fucking edgelord and both have muh special flames. No one really pays attention to fighting game story though, they're popular because they play well.
>>
>>330645303
Actually design, personality and other non gameplay related things are really important on general popularity of a character.
>>
File: 1456246057972.jpg (21 KB, 360x318) Image search: [Google]
1456246057972.jpg
21 KB, 360x318
>>330641668
Will there be 1v1 in this game?

I love all the SNK fighters but always kind of hated that KOF was solely team fighting.
>>
>>330645556
I suppose you're right. Well they were designed after what was popular in 94/95.

>>330645659
There's been 1v1 in all KoFs for a long time now. Sine 95/96 I think. This one will most likely have it.
>>
>>330645659
There has been 1 on 1 modes in KoFs since forever but no one plays those are general KoF fans are not pussies that can't bother spending three minutes getting down two additional characters.

Also, in 14 there will be party mode online which is three vs three players, one character per player.
But that will probably be dead on arrival too, unless you set something up with people.
>>
It's a shame that all KoF discussions at euro hours die early.
>>
>>330641668

>/v/ calls a game casual

>they probably can't even achieve silver rank because they suck at fighting games

every time.
>>
>>330645659
It will be an option but KoF fundamentally does not work 1v1 and the game is nonfunctional.

Some characters, especially in 13, MUST have meter to function, while others get virtually no benefit from it. The game is designed around a point/middle/anchor. It would be like playing marvel 3 1v1, it would just be stupid.
>>
>>330647853
>MUST have meter to function
https://youtu.be/JbBaMb98SiA?t=15m3s
>>
>>330641945
hahahahahaha I loled and i am Mexican
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.