[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else going back to USFIV?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: Street-Fighter-5.jpg (99 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
Street-Fighter-5.jpg
99 KB, 700x500
Anyone else going back to USFIV?
>>
No, back to third strike.
>>
>>330637692
Fuck no.
I'm not playing V right now also but fuck going back to IV
>>
Hell fucking no
>>
Hate learning new things? Stop playing vidya then.
>>
>USFIV is dead and Marvel 3 is still alive

Best end.
>>
>>330637956
It's not because it's new. It because it's not fun. Also

>vidya
>learning new things

Really don't have time to come up with a smug enough response. We all know what's wrong with that.
>>
File: 1439432257555.gif (149 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1439432257555.gif
149 KB, 500x281
>>330637692

>street fighter 4 comes out

Dis game sucks, sf3 was better

>sfv comes out

Dis game sucks, sf4 is better

I love how this happens everytime.

V will get better, just give it time like how we gave street fighter 4 eight years and multiple versions to evolve.
>>
No, because I don't have autism.
>>
>>330637692
I enjoy the turn based nature of SFV. It really makes it easier o understand what is going on at all times.
>>
>>330637692
I would rather die than return to IV. That doesn't mean I like V that much either, but fuck going back to IV are you crazy?
>>
File: 1453253940793.png (381 KB, 539x405) Image search: [Google]
1453253940793.png
381 KB, 539x405
Street Fighter 5 thread?

I am having this sort of indescribable problem with the game. I sort of feel like the only combos I know how to do as any character I play (I play FANG, Bison, Vega) only really come from punishing other players unsafe moves. So, essentially, I am only really winning against dumbasses who forget to block.

I especially feel horrible when I sweep as FANG and they block the first hit, but forget it hits twice and get hit by the second one.

If two players knew 100% which moves were safe and which moves weren't, and you don't want to use unsafe moves on a blocking opponent, wouldn't the entire game come down to both players throwing out safe on block moves until one person decides to throw or the other decides to use an unsafe move because he is bored?

I am stuck between 1300-1700 range of points. I feel like I have a pretty decent grasp of the game, though I feel like I can only clearly beat people who are worse than me, if that makes sense. Sorry if this is kind of a complicated, indecipherable and long winded explanation.
>>
>>330639290
Basically the same thing here. If they do something unsafe or make a mistake I can convert into big damage, score a knockdown, and then harass them with a somewhat decent oki game. If they don't make a mistake, or if they are on to my oki then I just cry like the little silver I am.
>>
>>330638787
I don't like it because Bison just fucks my shit up every time.
>>
>>330639701
>if they are on to my oki
Why don't you mix it up? That is the whole point of it. You are in control. You know their options and you know how to beat them.
>>
>>330639831
When have I said I don't? It wouldn't even be oki if I didn't anon.
>>
>>330639830

He fucks my shit up too, friend.

You just have to remember you can fuck his shit up too. He has no way out of your bullshit.

>>330639884

Then how do they get on to your oki? Obviously you are way more predictable than you think you are.
>>
>>330639992
Sure thing anon, everyone loses the entire game when they get knocked down once because nobody ever wakes up doing the right thing. In fact, my matches are the only matches where people ever get up in the entire game.
>>
>>330637692
oh HELL NO get fucked asshole

I will never go back to sf4. fuck that game. fuck it in its stupid little ass
>>
if you can't get good at SFV what chance do you think you have in USF4?

give it 2-3 years and SFV will become a decent fighter
>>
>>330637692
New to SF5, and really SF in general. How do I stop someone once their really on a roll? Feels like none of my attacks are fast enough.
>>
File: Qanba Q1.jpg (87 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Qanba Q1.jpg
87 KB, 540x960
>>330637692
I recently upgraded to USF4 to prep for SFV. Didn't want to pick up V until I could be sure there weren't a load of glitches on PC.

I'm ready to pick up SFV on my next paycheck, looks fucking dope.
>>
Absolutely not
Definitely sticking with V and/or Third Strike
>>
>>330637692
no, fuck that scrub game.
>>
Yeah, i keep jumping between that and xrd
>>
>>330642931
That's the problem with sfV
>>
>>330642931
Learn your character's anti-air and crush counter normals. Punish unsafe attacks (where they have a long wind-down after you block) with your crush counter normals.

Block. Block. Block. Block. Block. Block. Block. Throw anytime they get close to you. At your level they're going for a throw 90% of the time, so you'll tech it. Or if they're retarded, your throw goes off.

By the way, BLOCK. Don't just mash buttons, keep calm, block, then punish. Get used to the idea that a lot of low-tier people are going to jump-in attack, then sweep low. If they jump in, anti-air, or standing block then block low and punish.

FUCKING BLOCK.
>>
>>330643104
>4
>less skill than super smash fighter 5

4 very well may be worse than 5, but 4 is a far harder game to pick up.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>330637692
Why? SFV is best SF.
>>
File: Juri.jpg (205 KB, 800x1131) Image search: [Google]
Juri.jpg
205 KB, 800x1131
>>330637692
No Juri
No buy
>>
Fuck no.
I don't want to play this garbage but I don't want to play USFIV either.
>>
>>330637692
No Necro, No buy.
>>
>>330644174
Juri has boobs anon
>>
i know beta vega was busted as fuck and overpowered, but i want some semblance of him back

rushdown vega was the best
now he is just neutral and nothing else
>>
>>330637692
Why would I do that when this is happening: https://twitter.com/FightCade/status/708488780387377152
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.