[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hitman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 47.jpg (187 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
47.jpg
187 KB, 1280x720
Finally got around to giving it a decent thorough play-around. My personal opinions:
>Game feels more like Blood Money
>Proximity-triggers only apply to events that trigger the appearance of opportunity events - these can be missed, and taking too long to take them up results in missed opportunities
>Targets will go about doing what they need to do, interacting with other NPCs and executing opportunities until they're all done and go on a final loop - one that makes reaching them pretty difficult due to guards, guard proximity, and security tails
>Paris map was pretty neat - lots going on, lots of areas, lots of variation, lots to find and explore
>Killing the targets can be done in as many ways as in BM, probably even more, as it's set up for you to be as creative as you want
>Suit Only runs possible and less ridiculous and frustrating as it was in Absolushit
>Contracts mode is just as shitty and annoying as it was in Absolution
>However, Escalation Mode is pretty cool - game sets up a contracts-styled hit requiring specific things to be done - new things to be done added on with each go around, until you finish all 5 rounds

10/10 gameplay that feels like a great return to BM (minus FPS view), but I can only really give the game a 6/10 for now, due to there only being a single major level. My personal score will most likely go up as more levels come around of course.

Game isn't as bad as /v/'s making it out to be. Feels great, plays great, and looks great. Really enjoyed the few play throughs I put into the Paris Show.

Now go ahead and call me a shill and get it over with.
>>
>>330619948
Let it go anon.

Because of stupid weebs and steam users this is going to be the last Hitman.
>>
From where are you supposed to snipe the targets with the fireworks strategy? I know there's some sort of sniping position, even as an unlockable starting position, but I can't get to it.
>>
Honestly the episodic content, as much as I want a full game like everyone else, isn't that bad. It just gives me more time to not feel like I'm rushed or overwhelmed with content and a once a month kinda thing isn't a terrible idea for me. This has the potential to be the best Hitman ever made because if every level is just as good as Paris well sign me the fuck up.
>>
>>330620506

I'm hoping that the mass negative feedback due to lack of maps makes them expedite their map releases.

It's very clear they obviously have a few maps already done, they're just stretching it out for the sake of the whole "Episodic" shit.

I also don't think this will be the last game. I just think they'll avoid doing such a massively split content release next time. There's been constant distaste over their plans to release everything throughout the months. Even from the start last year when they revealed their plans.
>>
>>330619948

It's only getting negative reviews because people can't fucking read and somehow thought it would be a full game, despite the constant info dumps on it's segregated map release plans.

Game is the Hitman game everyone's wanted for a decade.
>>
>>330621110
The game was rushed because squeenix made too much wrong decisions and fucked up Tomb Raider.
I'm pretty sure that they intended to have more than 6 levels but with all the negative feedback they will call it quits for good in december
>>
>>330621507

>rushed

They've been working on it since 2013 when they released the pic of 47 outside the Paris Fashion Show, with that letter of address they wrote to fans about how they acknowledge the fact they fucked up bad with Absolution, and aim to make the next one more true to the classic games.

My idea on it is that they probably had a bunch of internal shit go on, like strict budgeting, time constraints, constant check-ins from Squeenix, and having to negotiate their reasoning behind their changing and reworking all the mechanics and AI, level planning, which is huge for a game like this, and other typical shit involved in game development.

They probably could've easily released the game with 3 or even 4 maps, but didn't because they want to take a cautious approach, and make sure it's finely tuned for people who wanted a more classic game.
>>
>>330621507

This post gave me diarrhea.

Also, I'm surprised how much they left for you to do with just one level.

Doing the challenges is actually fun, and you unlock some nice stuff for leveling up and whatnot. Having multiple entry points for the map is also really fucking cool.
>>
>>330621843
They obviously didn't have time to fix tons of stuff.

Hardware issues, animations, glitches, models, small amount of levels that aren't out.
You said it yourself, the game got too ambitious for the milestone they had.
>>
>>330619948
Agree with all of this.

I really wish they would have gone with their other plan of releasing the game with 3 maps(Paris, Italy and Morocco) and then had the other ones in episodes.
1 Level really is to little for a game to be released with.
>>
>>330622201

Haven't experienced much of any of those things. My game runs perfectly smooth on a 760ti with Shadows on Medium, SSAO off, and AA off.

Also, I don't think they tried to go too big, I think what happened was that Squeenix sent in some financial advisor suit and the guy pretty much forced them to release the maps 1 by 1 for the sake of making more money off people who didn't just buy the full experience.

Shitty? Of course. It means we miss out on 2 fucking maps and only got 1 instead of the planned 3 on launch. Fuck that shit. But the game still feels great.
>>
>>330622091
Calm down shill.
All I said is that squeenix treated this game as a new Tomb Raider and gave IO too much to do in a small amount of time.

Tomb Raider failure forced them to take a cautious approach and make the game episodic so that they can limit the loss
>>
File: 1455316332878.jpg (10 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
1455316332878.jpg
10 KB, 260x194
>>330622664

Tomb Raider wasn't a failure.

What even the literal fuck are you going on about?
>>
>>330622584
This doesn't make sense.
They know what they do anon, if they went for episodic format they probably had a good reason for it, they probably understood that it was problematic.

The initial plan was probably to rush things so that the game was initially launched close to the movie and they realized eventually how wrong it was and that the game was never going to be out but at the same time couldn't afford to waste more money and extend development time.

Instea cover the expense with the episodic format.
>>
File: 1457366361280.png (177 KB, 333x476) Image search: [Google]
1457366361280.png
177 KB, 333x476
>>330619948
so is this an actual game? or is it some kind of multiplayer? on steam there are multiple packages. why the fuck are there multiple packages?
>>
>>330623952

Are you for real right now?
>>
File: maoyu008.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maoyu008.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
>>330624129
im serious. I didnt follow any of this shit.
>>
>>330620624
There's a barge or something out by the water that has a tower/sign you can climb up on. Perfect vantage point. I think it becomes an unlockable starting point.

My problems with the beta:

Lots of bugs. AI problems, sometimes 47's torso disappears, etc.
And loading times. Holy FUCK FIX THE LOADING TIMES
>>
>>330624303

Hitman's always been SP only.

There's multiple packages because you can:
>either buy base game w/ Paris Fashion Show for 15 bucks
Or
>buy the full experience and get all preceeding map releases from March till November and pay nothing extra
>>
>>330624370

Load times for me are maybe 10-15 sec at most.
>>
I like the planning feature.

Miss weapon customization though.
>>
Nah full game or bust

I don't care how good it is initially because quality will drop off once they have their money
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.