[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Find Baringer crater or Krakatoa >buy a settler >settle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: isabella.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
isabella.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>Find Baringer crater or Krakatoa
>buy a settler
>settle it
>now have more science per turn than Babylon

>find Mt. Sinai
>buy settler
>settle it
>now get first religion before even the Celts or Ethiopia

>find El Dorado
>buy 2 settlers
>settle it
>now have enough culture to keep up with Poland

>find Lake Victoria
>buy settler
>settle it
>city now has 10 population in 10 turn

>find King Solomon's Mines
>buy settler
>settle it
>city now has free ironworks

>find the fountain of youth
>buy settler
>settle it
>never go unhappy again

>find Cerro de Potosi
>buy settler
>settle it
>can now support three times the army as everyone else

How is this bitch even remotely balanced? No one else in the game can keep up with you when you buy a fucking settler before anyone else has produced a second scout. Heaven fucking forbid you find the barrier reef.
>>
well occasionally you run into the game where the only wonder you find is old faithfull after its been discovered by nearby zulu's
>>
It's only balanced when you find no NW, their units are on the border of shit-tier and they have no other special attributes.
>>
I only play as the vatican anymore because i get butthurt when the AI expands like a motherfucker and takes all my land
fucking shoshone and america
>>
>>330597862
>>330597949
Giving a civ a 30% chance to win the game on turn 7 is way worse than any longbows or pathfinders.
>>
>>330598023
>>330598023
The Shoshone are actually slightly OP in my eyes, the Pathfinder is good for the early game and being able to choose rewards from ruins is stupid good, citizens and free techs for days
>>
>>330598101
That's only IF you find any wonders at all
>>
>>330597587
>>330597587
Also I'd totally fuck her OP
>>
>>330598175
needs a lot of pathfinders (more expensive to produce than even warriors) and a lot of ruins to pull that one off
generally speaking you're going to get two tech two citizens and enough religion for an early pantheon out of it
powerful, but then again there's quite a few early game civs that can, if needed, absolutely destroy the Shoshone like say the Huns
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9EluBHvgkg

>finds 3 wonders early game
>gets attacked by 4 players
>holds them all off
>england in the game gets to do their own thing while the other 4 players are attacking spain
>comes in with longbows and shit
>still can't beat spain
This is with a mod that makes it so Spain can't instabuy settlers off of wonders.
>>
>>330598437
Yeah the Shoshone are weak if they have a bad start, but its the same for Spain as well
>>
>>330598531
to be fair not only did he get lots of wonders, he also got a pretty amazing start location
>>
>>330597587
>looking for nude models for the females from CIV5
>they are all from a site that died 2 years ago
fuck I just want me some diplomatic intercourse
>>
>>330597587
why do you need 2 settlers for el dorado?
>>
>>330598659
they are not as weak as spain in a bad start but not as good as spain on a good start either
they're in other words a whole lot more balanced
>>
>>330598841
You get 1000 gold instead of 500 so you can buy 2 settlers.
>>
>>330598853
Most balanced civ IMO goes to the Aztecs
>>
>>330598982
they're a wee bit underpowered imo
>>
>>330598958
to be fair though, if you're playing MP and someone notices you've gone and gotten el dorado as spain, expect half the world to DOW you immediately
>>
>>330599196
Nah they have multiple win conditions, their special unit is good for early game wars and they can rocket ahead with culture if you succeed
>>
>>330599387
they're hamstrung by a jungle start bias
>>
>>330599582
It's not as bad since they can move through it easy. Just the no production is the only drawback.
>>
>>330599582
Their Jaguar has a movement bonus through Jungle and Forest tiles, and it also gets a combat bonus within jungle/forest too
>>
>>330599719
the lack of production and the massive decrease in tile exploitation speed makes a primary jungle start a major disadvantage, worse even than the tundra start bias
even with the combat and movement speed bonuses you'll be struggling to produce a decent number of jaguars to engage in early game warfare and even tech will suffer despite your likely okay growths simply because constructing buildings is a PITA
>>
>>330599719
>no production is the only drawback.
you say that like it's a small thing
no production is one of the biggest drawbacks you can have
they need to change civ so you can build lumber camps on/chop jungles
>>
What is the worst/best civ?
I'd say Sweden for worst and Korea for best, ez science victory
>>
>>330600292
you can chop jungles down, after you reach the right tech

that said something that should have happened is letting us build a damn trade post on our damn banana's
>>
>>330600375
Venice is worst, Iroquois if you don't count meme civs. Spain on a good start like in OP is without a doubt the best, otherwise Attila probably.
>>
>>330600375
Iroquois for worst: their UB actively hurts them, their UA doesn't work and their UU is both lategame and mediocre
after that Byzantium: mediocre UU's and an irrelevant UA thanks to their complete lack of any bonus towards getting a religion
>>
>>330600447
chop as in chop for production

>>330600375
hiwatha is the worst
sweden's unique ability can actually be useful
>>
File: shoshone.jpg (76 KB, 1100x619) Image search: [Google]
shoshone.jpg
76 KB, 1100x619
Who else here's a Shoshone bro?
>>
>>330600634
religons aren't hard to get, having an extra belief can make for some really overpowered religions in rare circumstances
>>
>>330600375
The gifting great people is shit, but the declaration of friendship thing is really good. Mediocre units but whatever.
>>
>>now get first religion before even the Celts or Ethiopia

Stopped reading there.
They get that shit within 20 turns, I don't know how you are discovering sailing and getting all this gold for a settler, walking it all the way over there, and growing a city within the first 20 turns.
>>
>>330600749
religions aren't hard to get sure, however getting a good religion is
usually you'll have third or fourth pick of religion as byzantium, at which point your bonus belief is going to be one of the shitty ones
and given you got absolutely no bonus towards faith production you'll have a bitch of a time spreading your religion
>>
>>330600867
>playing on a heavy coast map
It's like you want someone to run away from isolation, or get cheese by frigates. I also don't think you know what Spain's UA is either.
>>
File: 1455648312186.gif (433 KB, 350x271) Image search: [Google]
1455648312186.gif
433 KB, 350x271
>Inca have a massive empire in the south, with the Shoshone (friendly to me) and Ethiopia (hostile but not at war with me) separating us, or a shit-ton of ocean for me to cross.
>Incan fuckers just got manhatten project and are at war with me after I smashed the Mayans in between us.
>Can't keep pace with their megascience.

At least the Koreans, who also got manhatten, are friendly. Albeit on another continent. But goddamn when I thought my game would be "We are the world (:" peaceful it ends up being total war and when I think I'm unstoppable I got a vietnam quagmire fighting the betraying Swedes while trying to prop up a German and City-state proxy to distract them and then a major naval war with the Incans.

>>330600678

I've not had trouble with them in most games but I always, always have a nasty fight with the Iroquois.
>>
>no mexican civ
>no mughal civ
>no holy roman empire civ
>no rhodesian civ because rhodesians never die
>>
>>330600867
if spain discovers a wonder first they get enough gold to buy themselves a settler
if they settle within range of a faith producing wonder they get between 6 and 16 faith per turn, with half of them granting 12+ faith per turn which means they'll get pantheon pick within depending on speed a single turn or 2 turns of founding the city
that's such a ludicrous speed only the celts can realistically beat them to pantheon

however they don't need first pantheon because the pantheon they pick is 100% guaranteed One With Nature given nobody else picks that. This is another +8 faith per turn from a SINGLE wonder (yes it doubles) at which point they can have a baseline, no buildings required, faith per turn of up to 24 from a single wonder

they find a second one that goes up to 32 at least, and possibly depending on your luck 44

that goes above and beyond anything any other civ can even hope to produce so first religion is their's
>>
>>330601586
>"holy"
>"roman"
>"empire"
>>
>>330601712
Voltaire get out of here, don't you have a date with Satan?
>>
>>330601586
>Muhgal
Covered by India and their UB
>Holy Roman
Was and civ 4. They were boring and shitty
Mexico I agree with. For people who don't want more younger nations I can understand, but Mexico has a super interesting history.
>>
>>330602315
just because they were boring in 4 doesn't mean they'd be boring in 5
>>
>>330601586
We'll keep this land a free land from the enemies coming in.
>>
>be spain
>rush 3 explorers
>You have discovered the location of nearby Barbarian camps!
>You have discovered a crudely drawn map of the local area!
>You have discovered the location of nearby Barbarian camps!
>discover Ashurbinapal

alt f4
>>
File: Mansa_Musa.jpg (45 KB, 318x382) Image search: [Google]
Mansa_Musa.jpg
45 KB, 318x382
If Songhai gets in insteas of Mali im gonna be mad
>>
>>330603301
t.
>>
File: RSE3-K-F2-L.jpg (45 KB, 1200x181) Image search: [Google]
RSE3-K-F2-L.jpg
45 KB, 1200x181
>>330602315

What would you make em? Definitely not a domination oriented civ, feel like it would be art/culture but that'd step on Brazil's toes. From Mexico's history I get an Ethiopia/Morocco vibe of being defensively minded and hard to capture.

As for new civs I would have liked to see the Afghans with Babur or some such (yea founded the Mughals but associated more with his time in Kabul). UU being Jezail-armed Pathans. Either replaces Rifleman or Musketman. 2 tile shooting range if on a hill tile. UA might be like the Inca ignore hill-terrain costs & allow them to stand on or march through mountains in friendly/neutral territory. UB are qanats which have some relation to hill/mountain terrain - maybe they provide a free farm on the tile they are built & fresh water to any adjacent tiles, but qanats can only be built on hill tiles or next to mountains.

I think the Inca are the only ones (minus the Carthaginian's general) to really orient around mountains, so the Afghans would be a domination oriented take on that.
>>
>>330603421
Tibet would also be a good highland-oriented civ, perhaps one geared towards faith generation
>>
>>330603421
Santa Anna as leader.
Plains bias.
When any horse units are near a great general they don't have the penalty to attacking cities. Receive a great general when you discover horseback riding.

Cavalry replacement.
Cheaper to build and +1 movement

Granary replacement.
+3 food
+2 food from wheat, no bonus to bananas or deer

Best I could come up with.
>>
>>330600678
>playing as england
>from the moment I discovered them, the Shoshonne keep denouncing me, every time they can
>always declining my trades
>the Shoshonne are allied with the Incans
>watch as they get their shit pushed in by Arabia and Denmark
Can't say it didn't feel good.
>>
>>330604220
What about something like each mountain gives faith to adjacent tiles?
>>
Is there a mod to make an explorer unit to climb Mt. Everest to gain recognition?
>>
>>330598023
I need to grab that mod
>>
File: preview.jpg (35 KB, 400x248) Image search: [Google]
preview.jpg
35 KB, 400x248
>>330604717
UU gotta be Rurales
>>
>tfw no argentina civ that loses happiness for every island they don't own
>>
>>330604717
desu you'd need a general to keep up with cavalry
>>
>>330605336
What I had in mind.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.