[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Magebros remember the good ol' days when we dominated? Do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: ds.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ds.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
Magebros remember the good ol' days when we dominated? Do you think we were forgotten in Dark Souls 3 as well?
>>
>>330577356
i'm replaying this and the other titles to get ready for das 3 and i'm also having nostalgia for how good the community was before dark souls came out.

dark souls 2 had pretty good magic, op, don't know if you avoided it on purpose or not.
>>
>>330577356
probably not.

alpha testers said you have a separate MP bar again, instead of just a cast number, and you can drink a new kind of Ash Estus to refill it

>>330577639
>dark souls 2 had pretty good magic
I mostly encountered faggots who did nothing but spam dark orbs
>>
I don't see why people play magic builds in these games. Magic trivializes what makes these games interesting and is just no very well implemented. It's mostly just 10 variants on the same projectile and turns the entire game into just kiting. Why even bother playing at that point?

Other games do magic better, why no go play a game where a magic build is actually fun to play? The only real purpose of the magic build in the Souls series is that it's the hidden easy mode option for people that just want to see the game without the challenge.
>>
>>330577639
>good community
>everyone you invade used the dupe glitch and are way over leveled
Yeah naw
>>
File: papercleaver.jpg (98 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
papercleaver.jpg
98 KB, 480x640
>>330578048
>overleveled

we're talking about DeS right? online compatibility was determined by soul level, so everyone was usually around 120. Duping was a problem, but hey, at least you didn't have to farm stones as much with it.
>>
>>330578036
>The only real purpose of the magic build in the Souls series is that it's the hidden easy mode option for people that just want to see the game without the challenge.

The souls games usually have a boss or two that is immune to magic, or at least a specific element, just to punish the fuck out of anybody that minmaxes into one specific playstyle.

Just watch all the faggots who tried fighting Smelter Demon with pyromancy and cried THIS GAME IS NO FAIR.
>>
>>330578507

>Pyromancy
>Fire damage
>Pyromancy
>A specific build
>Not every single build with an available slot
>>
is this game still alive in europe?
I'd just like to replay it
>>
>>330579123
I liked the idea of Pyromancy in DaS1. It was just a magical option for those weren't built for actual spellcasting. The problem was how powerful it could be when it, stat-wise, it was practically free. It should have just been toned down a little (which it was, but still). The way DaS2 just kind of homogenized all the schools of magic kind of pissed me off.
>>
>>330579693

To be completely honest, if you are going to play a Spellslinger in Ds3 then you are probably retarded.

Ds3 is Bloodborne 2, except the enemies are in some ways an actual threat, you ain't got time to sling spells when some several thousand pound motherfucker is running faster than a horse in a boss room.
>>
If you do not play Souls games as a melee character, then you're missing out on half of the fun of the combat.
>>
>>330577356
Where do you go after killing the phallanx?
>>
>>330581467

>Try and play a Souls game as a melee character
>Used to be part of a club dedicated to studying medieval times and weaponry for aid in engineering projects
>Cringe whenever I see the absolutely fuck-tarded weapon styles and the obscenely blown up "Real" weapons.

I can handle the fantasy weapons, I can even handle the weapons being blown up to obscene sizes, but I can't handle the fucking retarded way they are used.
>>
>>330581792
nice autism
>>
>>330581606
Wherever you want. Provided you aren't asking where you find the Monumental. Go upstairs in the Nexus and look around for a row of small statues. Then you can go between all five archstones at will.
>>
>>330582560

>Not being bothered by spin to win or putting your back to an enemy at any point.
>>
How would you make spellcasting interesting /v/?
>>
>>330577356
>implying magic hasn't been broken in the entire series
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.