[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of the Lost Planet franchise?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: lost planet.jpg (23 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
lost planet.jpg
23 KB, 460x215
What does /v/ think of the Lost Planet franchise?
>>
2 was the pinnacle and 3 is shit
>>
>>330560995
What went wrong with 3?
I never played it as with Dead Space 3.
>>
can't find a torrent for the first one anywhere that isn't a russian botnet

please help
>>
>>330561290
you can literally buy the first one for the 360 for $2 at gamestop
>>
Lost Potiental.
>>
>>330561172
it was made by a different studio and the game lost its charm, if that makes any sense. it just became more of a serious, heavily story driven game.
>>
1 was decent, 2 was some casual bro-op team deathmatch trash. Never played 3
>>
1 is ok, 2 is the best and 3 doesn't exist
Keep it up! I want to see those WINGS coming off!
>>
>>330561415
I don't have a 360 and I don't live in America

japanese jews still charge 15e for the PC version
>>
>>330561172

They turned a fun third person shooter to AAA dog shit. It really goes to show the shit taste of people is shitting up the entire industry.
>>
Tried making a thread for LP twice yesterday and they both 404'd, so thanks op. I finished 1 for the first time yesterday and loved it. Final boss was obnoxious imo but I'm playing 2 soon so it didn't turn me off too much.
>>
only series aside from shadow of the colossus that makes you feel weak and powerless against giant sized monsters
>>
>>330559953
Interesting premise, sub par execution.
>>
>>330559953
I loved the multiplayer in the first one, its shame not many people tried it. It was really easy to abuse rolling though I remember going 50-0 with only the sniper rifle and running out of ammo multiple times and having to run into their spawn to pick up ammo while dodging mechs and shit.

ROLL ROLL ROLL zig zagging like crazy, the grappling hook was what got me hooked on the game though. Being able to hang off the roof and surprise people or just swinging with it (when attached to literally any surface) I'm sad other games don't have a feature like this). The maps were also surprisingly good and mostly large. The complex capcom offices map or the map on the rocky cliff with the tunnel network. Really liked how the costumes got unlocked at higher levels too, I was max level and it felt very special since only a handful of players across the world were at level cap. I actually had #1 in my country before the game started to die.

Did anyone else get into the multiplayer of the first game?
>>
>>330562620
Don't worry, shitty final bosses is a thing in the series.
>>
Trooper 2 when?
>>
I am starting to remember just how good some of the maps were in the multiplayer, the destructable bridges, the underwater sections of maps restricting movement of mechs. The tunnels, the small holes that you could drop down to avoid mechs.

The biggest problem was that towards the end of the games life they kept introducing more maps which may of created interest but it made it harder and harder to play what map you wanted to. After looking for some good videos on the game I have come out empty handed, such a shame that the good aspects of the games multiplayer are lost unless you play the game again.
>>
File: LP2 Custom.jpg (143 KB, 1360x1024) Image search: [Google]
LP2 Custom.jpg
143 KB, 1360x1024
1 was fun, 2 was fucking amazing, and 3 was forgettable. If you play 2, get some friends, it makes the experience 10x more fun.
>>
>>330565023
1 Had better multiplayer IMO
>>
>>330561848
It's fifteen freedombux on steam, but it goes on sale like every three weeks.
>>
>tfw the multiplayer modes from early 7th gen games is dead
>tfw will never play Lost Planet, Chromehounds or Halo 3 again
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.