[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite Armored Core game /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 500x706
What's your favorite Armored Core game /v/?
>>
For singleplayer, Last Raven, though plenty of games come in close second.
For multiplayer, Verdict Day hands down.
>>
>>330555989
Verdict Day I feel is extremely under appreciated. It's practically the best multiplayer AC. Silent Line and Last Raven have actually good stories.
>>
File: 1457068507841.gif (2 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457068507841.gif
2 MB, 1440x1080
>Silent Line
>mission to fuck up a highway in the city
>paid for the amount of destruction caused
>bus kills pay the most
>>
Nine Breaker
>>
>>330555737
Last Raven and Another Age
>>
>>330556943
I didn't realize you're basically part of a terrorist group until I played again. Fuck man.
>>
File: white glint.jpg (499 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
white glint.jpg
499 KB, 1280x720
>>330555737
4/ForA
>SPEED KILLS

I like the attention given to multiplayer in 5/VD though. I hope AC can come back to life soon.
>>
Which game should i play if i want to fly around at the speed of sound?
>>
>>330555737
Also Silent Line. I remember being stuck on the fire extinguisher stage for so long because I couldn't afford a radiator. Good times.
>>
>>330557457
Any of them post PS1.
>>
>>330555737
ACFA is the only one I have, it's nice.
>>
File: 1329292025211.jpg (176 KB, 774x714) Image search: [Google]
1329292025211.jpg
176 KB, 774x714
People occasionally criticize the souls games for presenting fragmented lore in leiu of a strong linear narrative but these games are the true kings of "what in the fuck is going on here"

I don't think I've even played an AC game where the 3rd act made any sense to me at all

I'm not complaining, I kind of like the WHOA WHAT IS HAPPENING feeling and I love the games no matter what, but the stories are full bonkers tier.
>>
Silent Line

The atmosphere and tone was 10/10

It felt like the most cyberpunk AC game since the original PS1. Fucking Armored Core 2 has some of the coolest designs but the controls were such shit.
>>
File: saiyan ascended.gif (2 MB, 310x176) Image search: [Google]
saiyan ascended.gif
2 MB, 310x176
I like the intro cinematics. Maybe the gap between CG movies and in-engine stuff will close in our lifetime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6QU2i6-BQc
>watching the whole thing
>mfw when 1:49 to end
>>
>you can literally build and program an entire AI core from the ground up in Verdict Day so you have automated mech buddies go into missions that are leveled up by completing missions with you and adapting from the operation data

It was autism levels deep but fuck it felt good "programming" an AI core
>>
>>330559153
I don't think a video game has ever satiated my autism better than this. It's not just digging through the spreadsheets that matters, it's testing it over and over again and seeing increasingly satisfactory results as you purchase and sell parts to make it even stronger. Anything from my sniper tank to my lightspeed twin-Pilebunker tankbuster could be made more and more efficient and tested over and over again.

I earnestly wish that we could get 4th and 5th generation to fuse somehow. I got addicted to the fluiditiy and speed of 4/FA, but the absolutely insane depth of customization you were permitted in V/VD.
>>
File: lie probably.jpg (60 KB, 630x443) Image search: [Google]
lie probably.jpg
60 KB, 630x443
>>330559153
My UNAC could win about 1/4 of our test duels and yet got scrapped during missions I didn't have any particular trouble with

>looking at the fuckin UNAC interface
>I'm retarded?.gif
>>
File: 1417836824930s.jpg (5 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1417836824930s.jpg
5 KB, 125x125
>>330559489
>Friend comes over while I'm playing
>Told him that I wanted to go ahead and test a few things out while he ate lunch
>Tweak my Ac a few times
>He sits down just as I whip out the UNAC customization screen
>He asks what I just opened up
>"I'm tweaking the protocols for one of my AI partners, I just gotta make sure this Heat Machinegun stops firing at this particular distance so much, he's wasting shots"
>Flickering through the menus effortlessly
>His fucking face
>>
>>330555737
How badly did miyazaki fuck the AC series up?
>>
>>330560074
I don't think his input has ever really been relevant. He said he really wants to work on a future AC title, but Bamco is holding the series hostage.
>>
what is a good game to get into the AC series?
>>
>>330560165
Including Das3, that will be 3 games in a row where there's no AC games inbetween the Souls franchise. that is enough to worry me.
>>
>>330560352
AC2 or AC3. AC1 is pretty shit overall, but it's good if you want to really understand how dramatically the series improved. Don't you dare start with 4, because it'll be hard as shit to actually understand the old mechanics again if you start with those.
>>
Can someone explain to me why in the FUCK they didnt port 4 and 4A to the vita yet?
>>
>>330560352
As a prior post mentioned, the stories are relatively unimportant (though personally I really like the atmosphere and world-building). The only thing limiting you is how much you can tolerate some of the older games' mechanics.

>>330560451
DS3 is supposed to be the last of the Souls series. Maybe there will be a return to the AC franchise. What worries me isn't that the series is on hiatus, but in what form it might return. I don't want AC to get some sort of outrageous, mass-appeal overhaul.
>>
Tie between Last Raven and For Answer for me, but Aaliyah is my mechfu, if that matters.

Is ACVD worth buying if I don't play online and mildly enjoyed ACV? Wish it had had a better singleplayer, but the gameplay itself wasn't that bad.
>>
>>330560764
Yeah, I think it's still worth it for 12-15 bucks. The single player campaign is kind of generic but it's still fun to play with UNACs
>>
love every AC game (even formula front) except for the 4 series. I like the clunky feel of the old mechs it felt like i was driving an actual vehical instead of an all power gundam that never stops boosting
>>
>deep passion for AC series
>excited to try out VD online
>die instantly to double pilebunkers
>make adjustments, unlock more parts, practice, come back
>deal plink damage to a tank while i play touhou with missles and kurosawa beams until i die eventually
and so the cycle continued and I never got gud

i think i could count on two hands the number of ACs I ever shot down

what the hell was the secret to that game because i certainly wasn't in on it
>>
>>330561154
Do the story missions first before you try to start fucking with the online multiplayer, because it's stupidly deep and is quite literally an online territory war.
>>
My definitive ranking:

ACVD
Last Raven
Nexus
Silent Line
2: Another Age
Master of Arena
Project Phantasma
For Answer
V
Ninebreaker

Formula Front is in there somewhere, haven't played it.
>>
File: 55285587_p0_master1200.jpg (622 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
55285587_p0_master1200.jpg
622 KB, 1200x800
SL, LR and FA
>>330560764
Nice multiplayer, meh gameplay IMO.
Great AI customization though, the only problem is that you could only create one custom UNAC unless you cough up some cash. Damn DLC.
>>
VD really that fun? I loved the shit out of formula fronts AI thing is it like that in VD just better?
>>
ACVD's secret is that damage is a threshold, not linear. Your weapon power has to be greater than their defense. So your 100 damage per frame gatling gun doesn't really do anything to someone over 700 KE defense.

You'd think people would figure that out after 4 years of giant "INEFFECTIVE" and "HIT" alerts.
>>
>>330561734
VD's AI is pretty in-depth, and actually useful since you can fight alongside them in team matches. Only downside is that if you want to have enough to fill a multiplayer squad, you need the DLC.
>>
>ACVD online is literally a faction wR between other players that can last for like an actual real life week and is over after all corporations agree to a cease fire or one corporation overtakes a definitive majority of the game world territory
>frontier missions where you literally join offensive fronts to claim these territories with other AC pilots in fucking insane online 5X5 AC battles

ACVD had a lot of fucking good ideas for the series.
>>
>>330560656
Ask Sega, you can also bug them about chromehounds while you're at it.
>>
>>330561969
All taken from Chromehounds.

V/VD was described as a homage to Metal Wolf Chaos and Chromehounds by the devs.
>>
>>330561969
It's just like the neronimus war for Chromehounds.

Only problem is that they made the servers region locked, then they divided it into 3 factions, then they required at least 2-3 humans on a team to be remotely competitive, then made it so you can't see other teams who are busy fighting... so the servers ended up looking a lot more dead than they should have been.

Better matchmaking with a queue/lobby against teams online (maybe some intel mechanic where you can see who is fighting right now in real time) or perhaps some sort of auto-recruitment from the faction that combines teams with less than 4 players online (like RIP squad) to be more active. That would have boosted server activity way higher.

Now everyone just has expansive friend lists and waits for someone to come online.
>>
>>330559489
Cool thing about UNACs is that you can't just program them to "find an enemy and shoot", you have to literally program them how to fucking look around and walk from the ground up. Slightly wrong settings and they will just sit there doing nothing or looking the wrong way while getting melted. I liked that

It's too bad you couldn't program them to fight as a team though, each one was individual, so no flanking or formations.
>>
>>330560656
Sega and Ubisoft own publishing rights, Probably.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.